Need tiebreaker clarity
The current tiebreaker of predicting scores for two games does not make any sense. I cannot figure out what the tiebreaker is actually calculating. There must be a way to see why/how someone won the tiebreaker.
Kimberly Constantino commented
For any week where 2 or more players finish with the same number of points, ties are broken by:
1. Closest to the total points for the first selected game
2. Closest to the home team points for the first selected game
3. Closest to the away team points for the first selected game
4. Closest to the total points for the second selected game
5. Closest to the home team points for the second selected game
6. Closest to the away team points for the second selected game
7. Closest to the highest scoring team of the week
8. Closest to the lowest scoring team of the week
9. Whichever player had more points in the previous week (or the week before that if still tied, etc.)
Tie-breaker is easy to figure out. the closest to the total score of both teams wins. I do a scenario before each Monday night game to show who needs how many points in order to win. It adds a whole new dynamic to the game for me. I'm sure Yahoo! could easily have one done and shown as part of the game.
I cannot find the tie-breaker list. Can you direct me to it?
My understanding is that Yahoo is looking at the point total for the game, so whether you say the score will be 27-20 or 20-27, it doesn't matter. If that is the case, Yahoo should just ask us for one number for the tiebreaker, not two.