How can we make Pro Football Pick'em better?

Missed deadline and confidence points

Our group has the deadline set to 5 minutes before each game with confidence points. When players don't get their picks in prior to the Thursday deadline, they still have the option to assign all points for the week so obviously the 1 point pick is going to go on the game that they missed. That doesn't seem fair as the people that actually get their picks in on time usually assign more than the 1 point pick. There have been several upsets on Thursday this year already and the people that got their picks in on time were down way more points that the people that didn't bother to get their picks in on time.

For example...last night's Raiders game...most people picked KC with 9 or more confidence points so they are down those points. There were a handful of people that didn't get their picks in, so now they are only down 1 point.

I think that if you miss the deadline, you should lose the ability to assign highest confidence points. With that theory, then the people that didn't get their picks in on time would each be down 15 points so far this week and not just 1 point.

Just my .02, but it would be great if Yahoo! would entertain the change to make it fair.

50th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kimberly Constantino shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • living los commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS. IS. DRIVING. ME. NUTS.

I have been burned on this now 5 of the 8 weeks already this season. PLEASE MAKE THOSE MISSED GAMES WORTH THE MAX POINTS INSTEAD OF 1.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I were you, I would NEVER pick a Thursday game with more than one confidence point; that way, you'll never be behind those who "conveniently forget to pick" the always unpredictable Thursday game.

Feedback and Knowledge Base