Small Business

Welcome to the Yahoo Small Business feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Small Business and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or technical issues with Small Business, please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care.

How can we improve Yahoo Small Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Easier Access to Update Website

I would install a button for people who are already website customers. Currently, sometimes there is a button, and sometimes not. And then I have to push several more links in order to have access to make changes to my website. I type up instructions for others on my staff to follow, but yahoo changes everything so often I can't keep. Currently, I cannot even figure out how to make updates to my website which I have had for several years.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Web Hosting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Yahoo Small Business user,

If you are referring to the link to edit your Site Solutions created website, it should always be on the “Create and Update” tab on your Web Hosting Control Panel. If for some reason you are unable to access this tab please contact support:

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/contactus/

We will leave this suggestion open for a short period of time to gather more input.

Thanks!
      Yahoo Product Support

• Tidy up Yahoo but keep the old methods too

My business account is muddled up with my personal account - why cannot we have two accounts as we used to? blending accounts together makes working very complex.

Also I cannot update my website for the last several months as page builder cannot be loaded due to changes on Windows. Is it too much to ask for the branches of the computing world to work together?

14th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Business Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Learn how to send a confirmation code using the US Mail

Look kids when mailing a letter the address is in the middle of the card the stamp is in the upper right and the return address is in the upper left, try to mail your mommy a regular letter and when she calls you and says she got it then do the same thing for me with my confirmation code it has been 30 days now kids try your hardest to do it also do not use that stupid tweet language you use.

Please save me from the 20 year olds they are so stupid!

17th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Business Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I would like to have my Yahoo listing up without yelp reviews- I never signed up for yelp and yelp does not let me remove my listing.

We should have the right to be listed on Yahoo with or without yelp reviews. We should have the right to be unlisted on any website, especially yelp - who is using my brand and name to promote their site and they refuse to allow me to remove it. Yahoo used to post all reviews , yelp only posts the ones yelp deems fit to post. This the worst kind of hijacking of ones good name and brand. What happened to ethical business practices. In print ads I had the right to be listed where I wanted to be or…

17th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Local Enhanced Listing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 2nd ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Web Hosting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • I want to access Yahoo Small Business site from My Yahoo Page how do I set that up

"I have a personal yahoo account. I also have a yahoo business account. From personal I try to get business and am directed to the personal"

It is not about the mail...it is about accessing https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/services from a simple tab SMALL BUSINESS HOME from the regular Yahoo.com page

14th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • POP passwords *MUST* be user-configurable, not automatic low security

In Small Business E-Mail Control Panel, changing a user's password was straight-forward: type in a new password. Now the behavior has changed that as soon as you click "change password" your user is automatically assigned a randomized, all lower case string for a password.

For business users, we absolutely *MUST* be able to assign high security passwords that we choose. A series of lower case letters is simply not good enough.

This is mission critical behavior that we require. If we cannot set our own high security passwords, then we are in violation of special security agreements that we have,…

10th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Business Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Better options for the Administrator to create users.

1. Better options for the Administrator to create users.
                  2. Also can include exactly which date the user id was created.
                  3. I have 2 additional administrators and hence which administrator has create the id to be displayed.
                  4. Instead of deleting the userid, option for disabling the account can be given for better tracking and not to delete the emails which are important.

8th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Business Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Mail monitoring tool for yahoo small business

provide a tool for monitoring all incoming and outgoing mails as like google

12th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • How about some customer service?? I was on hold for 55 minutes. Second time, I did the call back thing. Still put on hold. Leaving Yahoo

How about a live chat? I don't want to wait 30-60 minutes for a call back only to be called and put on hold for another 15 minutes. Pathetic!!! I have gone elsewhere. THEY actually have customer service!!

1st ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        14 comments  ·  Web Hosting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Small Business customer,

We are making changes to address the capacity issues that have been causing long hold times in some instances. We appreciate your patience as we resolve this matter.

Regards,
                        Yahoo Product Support

• Put a field where you can put a date in for out of stock items. Instead of just having orderable "yes or no" put a little calendar.

How about putting a field where you can put a date when something will be back in stock. Many times things are out of stock and I forget to put them back in stock when the supplier makes them available unless I write it down somewhere.
                        It would be nice to be able to put a date in and the item would automatically show as back in stock on that date. It would help me greatly to run my business more efficiently.

17th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Merchant Solutions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow to delete a listing.

I have now 5 (FIVE) listings and it should only be one. I reported this twice now, since there is no option to delete a listing myself. One answer came back reversing what I had changed and not resolve the other listings. The other response was that it was concluded I have multiple listings and that it is unacceptable to have multiple listings on Yahoo.
                          AAARGGGHHHH. I KNOW!
                          Rather than to have listings out there with old address or flat-out wrong addresses, I changed those all to (at least) the correct address. Not trying to cheat; you just make it…

5th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Local Enhanced Listing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • We should be able to export business location data including status, address, state, etc.. for all basic listings

Just like everyother tool on the internet, provide an export function to get an XML file of the location data. It would make it easier to update data to ensure accuracy for businesses with tens to hundreds of locations.

7th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Local Enhanced Listing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Your small business app is so buggy I can't use it. Things don't work, no help! I'm very disappointed and headed elsewhere.

Edit isn't working. Site analytic not working. This site is clumsy and frustrating. I've had a pending status for 3 months... what's that about?

4th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Localworks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • I would like to access hosting my web page from my home page,how doi get my web page onto my homepage?

for to gain easier hosting of a web page I should be able to import my web site to my home personel page.click on it on my home page, and make any changes i need.

10th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Domains  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Allow me to add several images for each item

Allow me to add several images for each item and choose a main one that the customer sees by default. The others would be shown as thumbnails near the default image, and the customer could click on them. Clicking on one of the thumbnails would replace the larger default image (which would be the first thumbnail) with the clicked-on image. This would allow me to better display my products to my customers. Buying online is hard enough, my customers need as much information as possible about each product to help them decide.

6th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Merchant Solutions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Small Business customer,

The default templates in your Store Editor do allow for the addition of an inset image. For enhanced functionality it is often necessary to create custom templates or work with a developer. We will take these suggestions under review for future template releases.

Regards,
                                    Yahoo Product Support

• Business Mail

Free Yahoo mail accounts should not be automatically deleted by Yahoo for inactivity if they are linked to a Business mail account, as users might not access their free account particularly if they are using their business mail with a mail program like Microsoft Outlook.

8th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Business Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Site Templets should all be FILL IN THE BLANK ...MULTI-LANGUAGE & MULTI-CURRENCY. Charge more for every language and currency chosen..

In our day and age Yahoo should offer site templets fill in the blanks-ready.

On most popular languages like- English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German etc.

All they had to do is pay a programmer and a translator to translate their own templets.

Site Templets should all be FILL IN THE BLANK ...MULTI-LANGUAGE & MULTI-CURRENCY. Charge more for every language and currency chosen...People would Pay...There is no one doing this ...I wonder Why...it's not that hard...www.CoorConmmerce.com...www.Ebay.com...also does not do it...Yet they have platforms in almost every Country and every language...Same for Yahoo...Thanks C.M

12th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Merchant Solutions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • The navigation arrows on business email seem to be counter intuitive or backwards.

The navigation arrows on business email seem to be counter intuitive or backwards. Typically the right is to access items forward or "up." The left arrow is to access back items, items that are "behind." However, in Yahoo! business mail it is the opposite very confusing. Please change!

14th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base