US Membership Desktop

US Membership Desktop

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Requiring a mobile telephone for all Yahoo users.

Yahoo! seems to have implemented their modern version of "Don't trust anyone over thirty". The over-the-hill crowd is being discriminated against with this change, as are the underprivileged who cannot afford mobile phone subscriptions. The hardware might be "free" with a multi-year, draconian, binding agreement, but said multi-year contractual service is NOT FREE.

Many people whose eyesight needs correction do not like, and do not use mobile phones for anything other than talking to people. Many people use Jitterbug or eschew cellphones entirely.

Yahoo! has decided that it wants to exclude all the aforementioned people from access to Yahoo! Groups.…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    325 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yahoo has been reviewing ways to improve the security of our member accounts, eliminate abuse and reduce the time needed to recover a password. Mobile is a secure way to solve all 3 of these issues.

We will never use mobile numbers for anything other than verification purposes and share this personal data with other companies.

We’re currently testing our registration page and will provide updates.

2. it is a hassle to sign in. Why do I have to verify so much?, why cant I just sign in with my password at any computer I want.

I move computers a lot, it is a hassle to go thru all this verification. Why cant I just use my password and sign in like a normal person.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't like the new version

This new version is not good at all, way too slow when you click on anything, I'd love to come back to the old version so PLEASE do something about it. I've been using Yahoo since more than ten years and it is very sad to see how things are going

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WANT old mail box back!!!

why create something new when the old mail box was just great....

4th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please remove the restrictions on your password policy

I was just forced to change my password, and was told the password I use for sites like Yahoo doesn't meet you complexity requirements. I have news for you- people don't have unique passwords for the 75 sites we have accounts on. I have different levels of secure passwords depending on how important the info on that site it. For me, the worst somebody could do is mess up my fantasy pool.

I am not going to use a password I use for important sites, and I'm not going to come up with a unique one for Yahoo.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  128 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the "remind me later" option when asking users for a phone number, instead put "never ever ever ask me again" as a new option

Remove or replace or add a new option instead of the "remind me later" option when asking a user for a phone number? If a user does not want to give you their phone number, why would they want you to ask them again later? Its counter-intuitive and down right stupid. Add the option "never ask me again" and "I dont have a cellphone". Why do you need our phone number that badly? We all know its not for account recovery, you just wish to have our cell phone numbers as data in your system, obvious data theft is obvious....

6th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How do you change your picture?

why can't i change my picture?

7th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    390 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

Previously the profile image was set through Yahoo Profile (http://profile.yahoo.com), however, that service is no longer active.

We’re working on getting these features back, and you will soon be able to update your profile name, picture, Yahoo nickname, and other account settings previously managed from Yahoo Profile.

We’ll provide an update here once these features become available again.

Thanks!

8. stop putting ads on my emails

put other things next to them

8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE JUST STOP prompting me to change my password & add mobile number every single time I go into my mail.

Why have you changed my mail to Basic after all these years? I didn't ask to go to Basic, I can't change it to my own theme, I can't view the narrative unless I press "Printable view" then have to press "cancel" on printing the email and I have no options to change my theme, change my fonts or anything any more. I will be deleting my a/c and changing to another provider if this continues. Also PLEASE STOP prompting me to change my password & add mobile every single time I enter my mail (several times a day) as…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 10th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Keep Me Signed In default should be UNCHECKED.

Please change the Keep Me Signed In default from checked to unchecked. Let users choose whether they wish to be permanently signed in.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo has become pathetically S-L-O-W.

Yahoo has become pathetically S-L-O-W.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The new sign in screen is not efficient.

You have changed the sign in process so that a username is typed in, the sign in button is clicked, the password is then typed in, and the sign in button pressed again. This involves two clicks instead of the usual one that occurred previously when the username and password blanks were on the same screen. Separating these forces the user to click twice which is not efficient for users. The process is redundant and wastes time.

14th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  90 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide us some customer service for those who changed their password due to the recent hacking and can now not access our accounts.

I have been using Yahoo for years with no issues until the recent hacking and Yahoo advised should change password if haven't done so. I changed my password and now I am unable to access account it accepts my answer for first security question but not second one. This has come at an exceptionally bad time as my father is having health issues and the cancer center sent his paperwork to me via the yahoo email address that I can no longer access after 15 years. There has to be a better way especially when I can answer the first…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. STOP MAKING IT HARD FOR ME TO LOG INTO MY EMAIL AND THEN TELLING ME YOUR MAKING IT "EASIER"

I am SO SICK and tired of not being able to access my e-mail without my mobile device! I almost LOST MY JOB because my phone was dead and you would not let me access my OWN e-mails without a stupid verification. I understand that you guys screwed up and put a lot of our information at risk and you're trying to ***** down, but making our lives harder is NOT THE WAY. If this doesn't change within the next few months I will be FINDING A NEW E-MAIL PROVIDER, and I have been with you guys since the 90's.…

18th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PLEASE, GO BACK TO CLASSIC YAHOO !!!!!!

PLEASE GO BACK TO CLASSIC YAHOO EMAIL. THIS ONE IS VERY POOR, TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO SAY THE LEAST ! VERY POORLY DONE, ON THE HIGHEST LEVELS !!!

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. signing in

Why does Yahoo keep playing back and forth with the screen to sign in? Why did you add a 2nd screen for password? Now to sign in we have to take 2 steps instead of 1? What is the benefit of this change? I do not see any...please put it back in 1 screen for both the id and password.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 478 479
  • Don't see your idea?

US Membership Desktop

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base