Let us know how we can improve.

Stop asking to change password and stop asking for my cell phone number EVERY TIME I log in.

Stop asking to change password and stop asking for my cell phone number EVERY TIME I log in.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: If you don't remove "change password", I am moving to Hot Mail.  ·   · 
    JimJim shared a merged idea: stop asking me to change password or enter a phone number. if i want to, i will!  ·   · 
    SeñorSeñor shared a merged idea: HATE your security suggestion to change my password AND MY PHONE NUMBER!!! I HATE seeing that.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking to change password and to add my cell phone number.  ·   · 
    NaphtaliNaphtali shared a merged idea: STOP asking me to change my F***** password....I'm sick & tired of it  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: ********, you *********** *************! I don't want to change my password or to give you my ******* phone number.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I was happy with my password and had NO problems. I deeply resent Yahoo FORCING me to change passwd. *******!  ·   · 
    NobodyNobody shared a merged idea: You can improve by stop asking users to change their password and for their phone numbers. Yahoo! has NO respect for their users - NONE  ·   · 
    AnonymousornotAnonymousornot shared a merged idea: Log-in delayed due to Yahoo insistance on changing password. Please stop.  ·   · 
    NobodyNobody shared a merged idea: Stop asking for my phone number - stop asking me to change my password.  ·   · 
    NobodyNobody shared a merged idea: I am NOT giving Yahoo! my phone number as their annoying prompts try to get me to do. Second, I AM NOT changing my password again.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP ASKING FOR MY CELL PHONE NUMBER , AND STOP ASKING TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Quit asking me to change my password.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop with the insistent request to change a password and include a mobile phone...not all of us have one we wish to share with you!  ·   · 
    GariGari shared a merged idea: quit changing my password and asking me for it all th time i have it saved in my passwords but you change it weekly and I have to rESET MY P  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: you have lost me for good; NO ONE FORCES me to change my password; to **** with you yahoo  ·   · 
    Pankaj SinghPankaj Singh shared a merged idea: STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD. I AM HAPPY WITH IT.... Its not like you'd pay me a million if someone hacked into my yahoo email.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking me every time if I want to change my password or add a phone number  ·   · 
    LL shared a merged idea: Please turn off the constant change password and enter cell phone reminders  ·   · 
    ChelseaChelsea shared a merged idea: Stop asking me for my mobile phone number!  ·   · 
    Tomas HolubekTomas Holubek shared a merged idea: Constant suggestions to change my password really bothers me. What should I do not to be asked those questions everytime I log in?  ·   · 
    meme shared a merged idea: change password  ·   · 
    John TurmelJohn Turmel shared a merged idea: Stop repeated demands for new passwords with no exit from demand  ·   · 
    cathiecathie shared a merged idea: stop asking for change in password, cell phone number and etc. asking once is enough.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new verification at sign in  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop asking to change my password  ·   · 
    fufu shared a merged idea: Stop trying to force me to change what I do not want to change. I will change my password and/or my backup info when I feel like it.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP ASKING ME TO UPDATE MY PASSWORD. IT'S ANNOYING TO GET LOGGED OUT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YAHOO FORCING PASSWORD CHANGES AND GETTING "SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY" NOTICES WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF SENDING MAIL.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: s  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When are you going to STOP asking for my phone# when I try to log in tio my mail account....********....your'e NOT getting my phone #t  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop asking Mobile Phone number to verify on every log on.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please stop asking me to change my password and stop asking for my cell phone. Only one word for this. It's called harassment.  ·   · 
    nobodynobody shared a merged idea: Cell Phone  ·   · 
    Jeannie BatesJeannie Bates shared a merged idea: stop making me change my pass word.  ·   · 
    RR shared a merged idea: Quit asking me for my phone number  ·   · 
    MajaMaja shared a merged idea: Stop asking me for my phone/mobile number and a password change  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking for my mobile phone number , and stop asking me to change my password. I will never give you my telephone number. ENOUGH !!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: All you people are doing with your STUPID popup asking to change our password and asking for our cell # is ******* us off!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You can improve it by telling me how to romove the annoying prompts to change my password, and give a cell phone number, EACH and EVERY time  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I do NOT want to change my password so please take off that option for when I go to sign in each time!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP MAKING ME ******* CHANGE MY PASSWORD EVERY TWO DAYS  ·   · 
    matthewmatthew shared a merged idea: stop asking me to change my password  ·   · 
    MBMB shared a merged idea: Can you stop the password assistance on my account...I have a strong enough password and will not change it. Thanks!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Password  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Will you please stop asking for phones and other information, it becomes so slow and annoying to me and my email, thanks fowardly  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop annoying new password screens and request for phone #!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: you can't accept my vote, or don't want to?  ·   · 
    LL shared a merged idea: Please stop asking me to change my password and give a cell phone number.  ·   · 
    Javier CamposJavier Campos shared a merged idea: I dont want to change my password, my password is perfectly fine, this account receives couple of emails, please stop the notification  ·   · 
    MacMac shared a merged idea: Mandatory password changes  ·   · 
    Rowland HillRowland Hill shared a merged idea: Stop asking me for my mobile phone number. I will never give it to you. If you keep asking, I will close this account use Google Mail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Dear Yahoo, I am sick of having to click through 5 different screens to get to my email. I do not wish to change my password at this time.  ·   · 
    L RushingL Rushing shared a merged idea: change password  ·   · 
    Robert AriettaRobert Arietta shared a merged idea: Each time I log in you are asking me to change my password and when I change my password it never take effect; please stop asking everytime  ·   · 
    Rick HayesRick Hayes shared a merged idea: Stop asking to change password and enter cell phone number. I already changed my password and I do not give out my cell number.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP ASKING ME FOR THINGS WHEN I SIGN IN TO MAIL!  ·   · 
    mark chodoffmark chodoff shared a merged idea: stop asking me to change my password and provide a mobile number EVERY time I sign in to yahoo mail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop asking for a password change, and please never ask for a mobile number.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Log in  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop harrassing me in my accounts every day. I'm NOT changing my password and NOT giving you my cell phone no  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I am not going to change my password and I am not going to supply you with my phone number. Please quit asking.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking for my mobile phone I will not give it to you  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE WITH CHANGING MY PASSWORD!!!!! I'LL CHANGE IT WHEN I'M **** GOOD AND READY!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KMRKMR shared a merged idea: I'm tired of the nag screens to give you a cell phone number and to change my password  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking for me to change my password.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop making me try to put in a mobile number everytime i log in WTF i will start using Gmail if this dont stop  ·   · 
    mgmstsmgmsts shared a merged idea: ENOUGH WITH THE ASKING US TO CHANGE OUR PASSWORD AND FOR A CELL PHONE NUMBER EVERY FRICKING DAY!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: o  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop asking me to change my password  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop asking me to reset my password. A few times is enough, but every time forever is not cool.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please quit asking me to improve my password and add my mobile number. I should not have to provide you a mobile number for email access.  ·   · 
    JakeJake shared a merged idea: I am satisfied with my password security - please stop demanding I change it  ·   · 
    KarenKaren shared a merged idea: The password/phone number prompts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop asking me for my mobile number and to change my password.  ·   · 
    lds03lds03 shared a merged idea: Yahoo, how many times are you going to ask us to change our email address and ask for a mobile phone number??? What is wrong with Yahoo???  ·   · 
    Mark HladikMark Hladik shared a merged idea: Agree with one below (#150 as of this writing); I'll change my password when I need to or want to, and I do NOT have a mobile number!  ·   · 
    Bess DyeBess Dye shared a merged idea: Please QUIT asking me to change my password! I have done so very recently. I am tired and annoyed with going thru the menu.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP FUCKING ASK FOR PASSWORD CHANGE EVERY FUCKING WEEK, I AM NOT THE PENTAGON OR US WHITE HOUSE!AND STOP FUCKING ASK FOR PHONE NUMBER!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Quit asking me to change my password. It's strong enough. So ********.  ·   · 
    FU YahellFU Yahell shared a merged idea: Stop trying to force me to change my password and give you a cell phone number. Yahell is starting to remind me of microsuck.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When I log in I am asked for a mobile number. I do not have one. I do not text. I am not on facebook. I do not twitter.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP HARASSING Everyday I am harassed with having to click 4 or 5 times to get to my email. All because the douchbags on yahoo want to insi  ·   · 
    FU YahellFU Yahell shared a merged idea: You are not getting me to give you a cell phone number. Yahoo sucks balls!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: AT NO TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WILL I EVER GIVE YOU MY MOBILE PHONE # STOP ASKING  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop prompting me to change my password every single time I log in.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove change password request and cell phone request from login.  ·   · 
    lds03lds03 shared a merged idea: WHY DOES YAHOO ASK FOR A CELL PHONE NUMBER ALMOST EVERY WEEK???  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP DEMAND I CHANGE PASSWORD - I WILL KEEP MINE however many times you BOTHER ME !  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please discontinue or have option to disregard the "Help us keep your account safe"/ "Change Password"/"Add mobile number" screens.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I got a text message at 4:30am this morning telling me to secure my account. WTF?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP the endless "requests" to have me change password & give you mobile #. Give me a "NO Thanks" button not "later" button  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: My password has not been hacked in the 17 years I have had it. You will NEVER get my phone number. So, STOP asking for both.  ·   · 
    vgvg shared a merged idea: Stop asking me to create a new password EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in. I changed my password after Heartbleed, I'm not changing it again now.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Quit asking me to change my password and add a mobile phone number when I sign  ·   · 
    Darryl HallDarryl Hall shared a merged idea: I think yahoo is starting to be very agravating because I have to change my pass word every day  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi,

The password change prompt cannot be disabled. You will need to change the account password to remove the prompt. If Yahoo is asking you to change your password, it means suspicious activity was detected with your account. Learn more here:

Why Yahoo may prompt you to change your password
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2053&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

To further improve the security of Yahoo accounts, we’ve been prompting our users to add an optional mobile phone number to their Yahoo account. By providing this info, you’ll be alerted of any changes made to your account immediately via your mobile phone, and you’ll have a quick way to recover your password should you need to in the future.

If you would rather not provide that information, click “Remind Me Later” rather than closing your browser window. This will ensure that you won’t be asked to provide your mobile phone number or alternate email address again for another two weeks if you’ve changed the password.

Best Regards

229 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm never going to give you my mobile number because I don't have a mobile phone. PLEASE stop asking! t is clearly an option I don't want!

• NobodyNobody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You mean the password prompt WILL NOT be changed. Please don't insult my intelligence with your BS. Clicking the Remind Me Later does nothing. I am currently working to move my email account to another provider. Tired of being lied to and treated like an idiot.

• AnonymousornotAnonymousornot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is far from "completed." I have had no meaningful suspicious activity in my account, which I have had since the "beginning of time." I do not have a mobile phone. As has become the rule, rather than the exception, I again had to go to Help in order to read my email. If it is so critical to change a password, which, as many people have noted does not stop the request, then being able to access the email, 'simply' by gong to the Help page itself, would not allow access. This is not to suggest that Yahoo! implement additional barriers to access for those quite content and safe with their existing passwords.

• PierrePierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous. I'm sending emails to people IN MY ADDRESS BOOK. Then, Yahoo thinks I have "suspicious activity" on my account, bounces back my emails as undeliverable and makes me change my password. I guess, after 20 years of use, I'm giving up on Yahoo and going to a less silly email program. This ******** sucks and has caused me massive amounts of frustration. FIX THIS ****.

i feel you had no **** business making me change my password, so i am history and Facebook will learn of this BS, the whole world will know when i am dune, you should not of ****** me off

• kenworth860kenworth860 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you, Dan, were commenting on my post, what the **** makes you think that Ken Worth is my actual name?? First off, it's kenworth860. And second just because I drive a kenworth, doesn't mean I have to be named that. If that's the case I bet your middle name is Prius. If it was not a comment meant for me, then excuse me for being defensive. I apologize. Anyway, I've had the same id and password for over 30 years and I'm not about to change for the likes of Yahoo, which seems to be always changing something and not always for the better.

• Susan KavenySusan Kaveny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just use security questions. Put enough possible security questions that a person who might not have ever had a pet, or doesn't know the answer to some other one will still have plenty of choices. You don't have to go out and re-invent the wheel. Just do the thing that doesn't annoy the H out of people and keep asking for a phone number.

15 to 20 years ago most people would have thought your answer was correct that you could not turn off the annoying request. Most of us know better these days. Please stop lying to us and turn off the annoying log in mess. I will drop my account before I will ever give you my phone number. There are plenty of other places I can turn to for a free e-mail account.

• cathiecathie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if so many people are suggesting the same thing maybe you should get the idea. the questions should stop immediately

as others have observed, yahoo is feeling more and more like some kind of tyrannical and over controlling dictatorship. But they are not alone- now we are seeing the kind and caliber of the people who want to exploit the web and us users as if we were all just little faceless nameless unimportant parts of their evil master plan, lol. But really it's not so funny. It will eventually implode as it's untenable and unacceptable mistreatment of the masses.

oh aren't you so micromanaging our lives! for one thing, MANY people DO NOT HAVE A MOBILE PHONE!!!!! and really, your nags are just offensive, if we don't want to change our password, then you shouldn't keep trying to force it regardless. After all it's our life not yours- and it seems after reminding us for a month of logins, then you should set a limit and let it expire.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over and over I change the password. I do not care if there is suspicious activity or not. nothing in my e-mail that private. I do not text so you cannot send me a message. Enough!!!

This e-mail response to this complaint, was automatically sent by Yahoo itself, to my Spam Folder! That's absolutely awesome, Yahoo. You decide your own responses are junk. I think you got the point.

Priceless.

Yahoo Admin: If you search my IP address, you will find that I am the originator of this thread.

I need to ask you to please define "suspicious activity" for me. After defining it, please go into detail why you say that if I click "remind me later" after I change my password that I "won't be asked to provide (my) mobile phone number or alternate email address again for another two weeks". Is this an implication that there will be MORE "suspicious activity... detected with (my) account" and that I should "...add an optional mobile phone number to (my) Yahoo account" in the near future again?

To the Yahoo admin that is reading this, you really should be flustered, as the words typed in the initial response IS TANGLED IN HYPOCRISY and should therefore be considered UNWORTHY OF A PROPER AND JUSTWORTHY REMEDY TO MY ISSUE.

"May your best regards be muddled in a sea of politically correct hypocritical lies and hidaways."

Further, do not respond to my post until you have a REAL remody for my "issue".

Of least regards;

Irritated Anonomyous User >,<

stop asking me to change my password if I want to change it I will also why would you need my phone number that has nothing to do with my email address,,,,duh

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base