My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1151 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

2. New Re-design

Yahoo was the first website I saw back in the Dark Ages (1995). I understand business growth and evolution, but for us old timers, there was always a comfortableness with Yahoo main page being my Home Page. Now you want to change that. Reading the comments below, I see I am FAR FROM ALONE on this. There is no reason why Yahoo can't have newly designed pages for newer users, and, have an 'opt-out' option for those of us that want to continue to employ the perfectly functional and wonderful original Yahoo main page as our Home Page.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1198 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problems with new My Yahoo

Please allow people to try the new my yahoo then opt back out - the only way to check out the new setup is to fully opt in - then you are stuck with no way back.

Problems:
    Font way too big and no way to adjust.
    Less configurable apps.
    Apps are rearranged all over the place, and some old ones are no longer available.
    Hovering over news items no longer gives brief synopses.
    New portfolio app sucks - give back ability to see all at portfolios at once without the stupid name pulldown.
    Allow more theme customization like there…

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    802 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Too many of us have tried the new confident we still had the old

How can I get back to my old customized My Yahoo page that I've had since 2001? This isn't the Godfather. I might just abandon My Yahoo if I have to accept the "new, improved" layout, which is terrible

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  227 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the old MY Yahoo!

Bring it back. There is no option to show your Yahoo Fantasy Sports. The boxes are larger than My Yahoo so you can not fit as much on the screen. Wasted space.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    190 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    164 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Want my old page back

I have had the same my yahoo home page for so many years I don't remember when I got it arranged that way. Intro said there was a opt out. There is no opt out. Fix it or I will go to another provider.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "MY Yahoo?!" This is YOUR Yahoo!!

I expect Machiavellian treatment of users from Microsoft. But to tell users about a "new Yahoo" and cover the visual with a huge dialog box that makes it impossible to examine the "new Yahoo" without selecting the 'yes' button - and then locking the user into the new version instantly. Well. I'm in awe of how low Yahoo has sunk.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the new version was better. But it stinks. So there goes My Yahoo as the home page on all of my devices. Congrats, guys - another Google win!!

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Go Back to your old format

I can no longer access MyYahoo from my email which makes it very time consuming to navigate from my email to yahoo to MyYahoo. Are you trying to get people to stop using yahoo. If you are you are doing a great job.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  120 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why not just let us go back to our old homepages?

Why can we not go back to our old homepages? Everything you claim to have done to correct the "new" Yahoo is not true. I still get only the scores that you decide to give me on the scoreboard, none of my favorites either sports or teams show up. I know that whoever designed this page is deeply invested in it and thinks it is great, but it is NOT. I can only assume from the lack of response to all of the complaints, that Yahoo truly does not care about the users and is not concerned when people go…

55th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. This is really bad. You leave me no choice. I'm getting a new home page. Goodbye.

This new design is horrible. Reminds me of the brilliant "Windows 8" mess. Since I can't go back to my old design, I have no choice but to use some other homepage. Hope your advertisers like the exodus.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How can I get back to the old My Yahoo Page - there was more functionality on the old page

Under the portfolio there used to be a total so you could monitor your investments directly on the page. The refresh button for portfolios is also missing. I have been a yahoo users for at least 15 years and would like to have the option of going back to the prior version of My Yahoo

61st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All new My Yahoo is all bad

I like my My Yahoo page just the way it is! I went to a lot of trouble to get it set up precisely the way I want it with precisely the content I want on it. Stop FN with it! No "new and improved" (your idea of new and improved, not mine); Just leave it alone!

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. this yahoo sucks give me my old yahoo and do it now

take your new yahoo and shove it where the sun doesn't shine

74th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop trying to figure out what we want, and just give us choices. Then leave it alone

Give us choices, Do not lock us in. We all have different needs and wants. Here's a question for you. Was anyone complaining about the old Yahoo? We don't all need to know everything all the time. Give us back what worked to OUR satisfaction!

91st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Your responses to homepage

How much feed back do you need to change back to the old yahoo homepage. Most seem to want the old layout. Including me.

So far your responses indicate: *********, yahoo user.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base