My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Your responses to homepage

How much feed back do you need to change back to the old yahoo homepage. Most seem to want the old layout. Including me.

So far your responses indicate: *********, yahoo user.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redesign Themes!

The Themes for MyYahoo page are awful. I much prefer the old version as far as Themes go. At least they were simplistic and pleasing to the page. These new ones are just plain ugly and unappealing. Please consider listening to everyone that uses MyYahoo (or those that are left) and make changes.

226th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The new MY HOMEPAGE doesn't work at ALL and there is no way to keep great old one.

My yahoo page doesn't not work AT ALL. Since I depend on its calendar, I have been scrabbling to get my appointments that were on Yahoo Calendar......... now, I have to write them down. Furious!
    Nothing works on it AT ALL. New or old. There is NO FIX just a
    Sorry for the inconvenience.... refresh....... come back later.....
    total ****!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mail - no grouping - cant respond to person I want to easily

bring back old email or I will switch to gmail after 20 years at this address. It is a pain! Today having issues with search through mail where I can open one email in the search group but then it doesn't open another. Have to close it out and start all over. Pain in the a*&^%!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clean up the Scoreboard

Give me back my Scoreboard with just MY TEAMS.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  411 comments  ·  Portfolio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    214 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. What's up with Current Location and why can't you seem to fix it?

Why are you having so much trouble getting the Current Location feature to work ALL THE TIME. You were doing well for a couple of weeks, but today (1/4/14) I'm back to living in Sunnyvale, CA, where it's a heck of a lot warmer than where I'm actually located. Obviously, the Current Location also impacts my Movie Favorites, too. Please do something to fix it PERMANENTLY, or you're going to continue to lose more and more people to Google.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  128 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WHY can't I find My YAHOO Bookmarks even though I've downloaded the "new" toolbar and re-installed it any number of times, now?!!

I've reloaded & re-"imported" my bookmarks from the HTML folder under My Documents in Windows (I'm still running Vista) time & time again, have tried to follow the advice & instructions of other users here, but in what I take to be the "new" toolbar in Google Chrome (I've been used to using Opera for my preferred web browser for about the past year now), I STILL CAN'T FIND THE DAMNED ICON FOR IT!!!! ):-E What gives? It BURNS ME TO HELL that I've seemingly lost forever now all of the several HUNDRED web-links I've so carefully built up over…

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix the weather section. . . giving different city instead of my location & can't change it

Don't try to fix what isn't broken!!! Fix the things that are. My weather is giving me the weather for some unknown other city. I never changed anything so it must be you screwing everything up. Ready to leave Yahoo unless you straighten things up & then leave well enough alone. If you can't give me my correct info some other site will!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 226th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want the option for yahoo classic. Stop forcing us to use what you want us to use. Just stop. I'm beginning to hate yahoo.

I want the option for yahoo classic. Stop forcing us to use what you want us to use. Just stop. I'm beginning to hate yahoo. Don't you care?

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back the old MY Yahoo!

Bring it back. There is no option to show your Yahoo Fantasy Sports. The boxes are larger than My Yahoo so you can not fit as much on the screen. Wasted space.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    190 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. where the **** did my Bookmarks go.

where the **** did my Bookmarks go. they were there this morning( 04/24/2014). this afternoon they are all gone, and nothing under contents after I searched to add contents. you guys could ***** up a wet dream!!!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You can improve it by allowing me to keep the homnepage I designed myself. This coming "upgrade" will contain content I neither want nor wi

I'm informed my personally-designed homepage is to be "upgraded" to contain content I neither want nor will use. This will be a "downgrade." Yahoo has become less and less dependable recently, and this "upgrade" is just one more example. And I seriously doubt that this comment will be read by anyone at Yahoo who really cares what I think anyway. YOU said I could design my own homepage. I did. Now you're taking it away.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 92nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get this awful homepge off of my computer NOW and STOP CHANGING IT. What part of "I do not want it" espapes you?

Get this horrible off of my computer NOW and STOP CHANGING IT. What part of "I DO NOT WANT IT" escapes you?

86th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop sneaking in your toolbar. You know most people won't see it until it's too late. It's a thief's trick.

They do this on purpose. Just be up front with us and let us decide if we want it or not. You sneak it in.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why not just let us go back to our old homepages?

Why can we not go back to our old homepages? Everything you claim to have done to correct the "new" Yahoo is not true. I still get only the scores that you decide to give me on the scoreboard, none of my favorites either sports or teams show up. I know that whoever designed this page is deeply invested in it and thinks it is great, but it is NOT. I can only assume from the lack of response to all of the complaints, that Yahoo truly does not care about the users and is not concerned when people go…

55th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base