My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  411 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1151 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

3. New Re-design

Yahoo was the first website I saw back in the Dark Ages (1995). I understand business growth and evolution, but for us old timers, there was always a comfortableness with Yahoo main page being my Home Page. Now you want to change that. Reading the comments below, I see I am FAR FROM ALONE on this. There is no reason why Yahoo can't have newly designed pages for newer users, and, have an 'opt-out' option for those of us that want to continue to employ the perfectly functional and wonderful original Yahoo main page as our Home Page.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1198 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    214 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problems with new My Yahoo

Please allow people to try the new my yahoo then opt back out - the only way to check out the new setup is to fully opt in - then you are stuck with no way back.

Problems:
    Font way too big and no way to adjust.
    Less configurable apps.
    Apps are rearranged all over the place, and some old ones are no longer available.
    Hovering over news items no longer gives brief synopses.
    New portfolio app sucks - give back ability to see all at portfolios at once without the stupid name pulldown.
    Allow more theme customization like there…

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    802 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What's up with Current Location and why can't you seem to fix it?

Why are you having so much trouble getting the Current Location feature to work ALL THE TIME. You were doing well for a couple of weeks, but today (1/4/14) I'm back to living in Sunnyvale, CA, where it's a heck of a lot warmer than where I'm actually located. Obviously, the Current Location also impacts my Movie Favorites, too. Please do something to fix it PERMANENTLY, or you're going to continue to lose more and more people to Google.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  128 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Too many of us have tried the new confident we still had the old

How can I get back to my old customized My Yahoo page that I've had since 2001? This isn't the Godfather. I might just abandon My Yahoo if I have to accept the "new, improved" layout, which is terrible

4th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  227 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back the old MY Yahoo!

Bring it back. There is no option to show your Yahoo Fantasy Sports. The boxes are larger than My Yahoo so you can not fit as much on the screen. Wasted space.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    190 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lost way too much personalized content. How can you say it's an improvment?

My customizations are NOT on the new My Yahoo as you claimed they would be. AND I was NOT given the option to opt out as you claimed I would be. I want my old MY Yahoo back! How could you possibly think this new layout is better than the old one. It's so cluttered now and disorganized. Please quit trying to fix things that aren't broken!!

6th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    164 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want my old my yahoo back, big mistake.

Please return to my old page. I don't like the new page, at all.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would also like the old My Yahoo back, too little content, does not detect my location on weather, stocks don't have the quick view + more

Give us the option to go back to the old Yahoo may be with more layout options - as old fashioned as it looked...I am at a point where i consider looking for something completely new - Yahoo appears to have too many bugs. Option for smaller font - to get more content on the home page, Weather only has one location compared with many before. Changing default location does not work.

10th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THE OLD YAHOO.COM HOME PAGE BACK

I have commented before and almost wrote you back to THANK you for bringing the old Yahoo.com home page back. But my joy was short-lived because the trashy new MyYahoo page comes up when I get on the Internet. It is a waste of computer space to download. I am NOT going to customize this trash page-- I already have a great MyYahoo home page! So now I have to open the trash page, go to Yahoo.com to read the REAL news and interesting stuff, , and then log into MY MyYahoo page-- which if you take away- I will…

14th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. You ask us to try the new home page but we cannot try it unless we accept it permanently. I don't consider that an offer to try it.

You ask us to try the new home page but we cannot try it unless we accept it permanently. I don't consider that an offer to try it.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Want my old page back

I have had the same my yahoo home page for so many years I don't remember when I got it arranged that way. Intro said there was a opt out. There is no opt out. Fix it or I will go to another provider.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Design not ready for iPad. Bad user experience

Hate the new design, and can't figure out how to change themes or content on an iPad. Also lost several of my modules. How do you add them back. Oh, and never got an option to opt out!

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I WANT MY OLD MY YAHOO BACK!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!

HERES AN IDEA! BRING MY OLD MY YAHOO BACK!

21st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Weather List

Currently, I can have a neat and clear list of my favorite cities with 3 days forecast, but in the new My Yahoo, it can show only one city, and there is no way to create a list.

25th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base