My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. New Re-design

Yahoo was the first website I saw back in the Dark Ages (1995). I understand business growth and evolution, but for us old timers, there was always a comfortableness with Yahoo main page being my Home Page. Now you want to change that. Reading the comments below, I see I am FAR FROM ALONE on this. There is no reason why Yahoo can't have newly designed pages for newer users, and, have an 'opt-out' option for those of us that want to continue to employ the perfectly functional and wonderful original Yahoo main page as our Home Page.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1198 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too many of us have tried the new confident we still had the old

How can I get back to my old customized My Yahoo page that I've had since 2001? This isn't the Godfather. I might just abandon My Yahoo if I have to accept the "new, improved" layout, which is terrible

4th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  227 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lost way too much personalized content. How can you say it's an improvment?

My customizations are NOT on the new My Yahoo as you claimed they would be. AND I was NOT given the option to opt out as you claimed I would be. I want my old MY Yahoo back! How could you possibly think this new layout is better than the old one. It's so cluttered now and disorganized. Please quit trying to fix things that aren't broken!!

6th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Design not ready for iPad. Bad user experience

Hate the new design, and can't figure out how to change themes or content on an iPad. Also lost several of my modules. How do you add them back. Oh, and never got an option to opt out!

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Weather List

Currently, I can have a neat and clear list of my favorite cities with 3 days forecast, but in the new My Yahoo, it can show only one city, and there is no way to create a list.

25th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lost all appointments on Calendar

Please bring back the original My Yahoo format. The calendar is terrible. It does not let you see a weeks worth of appointments on My Yahoo. I have lost all of my appointments for the rest of the year. How do I bring back my old calendar?

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Go Back to your old format

I can no longer access MyYahoo from my email which makes it very time consuming to navigate from my email to yahoo to MyYahoo. Are you trying to get people to stop using yahoo. If you are you are doing a great job.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  120 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nope, real misstep here. Where are my running totals in stock portfolio? Hate the colours. Options and personalization? Total yuk!

Nope, real misstep here. Where are my running totals in stock portfolio? Hate the colours. Options and personalization? Total yuk!

36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 44th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  411 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    214 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What's up with Current Location and why can't you seem to fix it?

Why are you having so much trouble getting the Current Location feature to work ALL THE TIME. You were doing well for a couple of weeks, but today (1/4/14) I'm back to living in Sunnyvale, CA, where it's a heck of a lot warmer than where I'm actually located. Obviously, the Current Location also impacts my Movie Favorites, too. Please do something to fix it PERMANENTLY, or you're going to continue to lose more and more people to Google.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  128 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In order to use Yahoo Mail, please turn Private Browsing off. Please go to Settings » Safari » Private Browsing, and turn it off. There is n

In order to use Yahoo Mail, please turn Private Browsing off. Please go to Settings » Safari » Private Browsing, and turn it off

There is no such setting in SEttings, Safari!!

Help!

170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sports scoreboard: I only want to see certain sports teams on my scoreboard.

It looks like we can't select teams to appear on the scoreboard. Showing all teams makes the scoreboard too "clumsy." If one wants to see all teams, that should be an option, not a fixed default.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't like sports pages. Bad design, no flexiblity.

New Yahoo sucks. New sports pages suck. Bad design, no flexiblity. It wasn't broke, didn't need fixing. Here's a good idea, start over on the redesign, and bring back what worked!

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New My Yahoo should still be in BETA, has poor customization, should be Optional

There are lots of problems with the New My Yahoo, it is not ready for public usage yet. So far it is a big step backwards from the regular My Yahoo. Here's a list of everything I have noticed so far:
    - The Modules are not nearly as customizable as before, you can't choose to view 'images only' for a side-by-side gallery style display.
    - You can no longer mouse-over a news headline for a 'pop-up' detailed view of articles (this was very important and saved time).
    - The Weather Module sometimes displays the incorrect city (mine regularly shows a…

38th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Weather is wrong

The weather on myYahoo is for a town 65 miles away from my home. I made sure to have my hometown as the default location but it just keeps going back to the same town.

46th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Seriously?! I can't go back to the old page?? I am leaving yahoo.

I don't like this.

1. There aren't enough themes. I liked picking seasonal themes & now I only have bland options.

2. Where is the main news header with the breaking news, celeb gossip, and other random fun articles?! This is why I like the Yahoo home page!!!

3. I don't mind the setup per se, but it is ridiculous that I can't go back to the old home page until you fix theses issues!! I am definitely switching home pages until this is resolved. From the looks of the other comments, you may want to take this "permanent change"…

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base