How can we improve Yahoo?

Go Back to your old format

I can no longer access MyYahoo from my email which makes it very time consuming to navigate from my email to yahoo to MyYahoo. Are you trying to get people to stop using yahoo. If you are you are doing a great job.

11th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Doug shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used Yahoo mail for YEARS, and was always happy with it....not anymore! I run a small business and NEED to be able to access my email QUICKLY and EASILY!!!! It's a **** shoot if I can even log in anymore!!! BRING BACK THE OLD YAHOO! I can't afford to keep missing emails. Do something to fix it NOW!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I have used Yahoo home page for ever, I always liked the clean uncluttered way it presents everything. This new page is simply AWFUL, if not fixed soon I too will be outta here!

Totally agree with everyone saying it's a lousy design. I've used Yahoo forever and this is just plain bad. Poor design. My theme won't stay set. My hometown weather won't load. It was so nice to be able to load your own photo as your homepage. Lousy design and will now use Google much more often. At least on Google, I can still design it MY way.

• phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS NEW YAHOO SUCKS GIVE BACK THE OLD ONE OR IM GOING TO OTHER SERVICE!!!!!!!

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the narrow column option for things like calendar, finance, and bookmarks. The new layout is VERY imposing.

It also takes away a critical feature on the Mail module: The ability to preview the first lines of a mail message. I like the popup that shows the text. I also would like to see more than the top 5 messages. Preference is to allow my to edit the choice, but at least give me the old 10.

Movie module is useless now. I preferred showtimes for the my selected theatres, not ads for movies I don't give a flip about.

I'll come up with others as I try to make this work, I'm sure.

• a drake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New email format has too many glitches and not user friendly. I see my drafts in my inbox and it is unclear if the email is already sent. It is 5:49 and I have been trying to send an email since 5:30AM and it does nothing. The order yahoo displays the email now looks like google's email format.

Now, I am unable to have more than one email open at once. I have to open a new window (or several) if I need to refer between different emails or just have the need to open them.

when referring back to a conversation, I have trouble even FINDING my last email sent in the conversation!

Why change something that works?

• Dave Husman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys must have hired the people who Microsoft thought were too stupid to design Windows 8 to do Yahoo groups! It is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

I hate the new Yahoo e-mail format. And I would like to access all my mail again. I hope you will fix whatever is wrong soon.

• ,aslo we r getting barred and not in alowed back in rooms and we keep freezing up commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do something about yahoo spades,since you all got new servers it is terrible,most of us are having trouble getting into the rooms and when we do we get booted from other players saying that yahoo cant do anything about iti have played on yahoo for many years and i have never seen it so terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Your new email format is horrible. If you don't revert to the old format, I'm out!

• -------------- commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm giving Yahoo until the end of October to switch (or at least give an option to switch) back to the old mail or I'm finding a new service. Please join me so that this pathetic company and its incompetent new management finally get the message!!!!!!!

• Brooke Babineau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a free and easy way to block all the ads: With Firefox browser use the Ad Block Plus add-on. Like Magick! all the **** disappears when you access your yahoo or AT&T mail page. it even works on the Yahoo.com news page. I donated $5. thru Paypal (optional).

• lorrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Classic Back.....!!! I believe that you are trying to get people to stop using yahoo and go to google or elswhere. Otherwise I would be able to access my account. This is a hack/virus job or a deliberate ploy to get people to stop using yahoo!

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I hate the new yahoo and would love the classic back. Really thinking of cancelling the account and moving to gmail

• Valerie Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am leaving yahoo. I am transferring all my contacts to gmail and to my personal internet provider, consolidated.net. I have two business that I run, and I am sick and tired of not being able to open my emails, having to "retry" several times, having to reconfirm my email password because my system has "time out"? What in the world does that mean?
    and I hate your side bar ads. They are obnoxious. Goodbye Yahoo.
    Valerie Rodriguez

• george costanza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

google tried this abortion of a user interface over a year ago and the result was the same only users stopped the migration in its tracks..shows how desparate yahoo must be to allow this to happen

any competent Junior product manager which is really 2 levels above what mari-assa freaking mayer is woulda nixed these changes years ago; but she plowed on..digging a deep hole..

carly fiorini is her mentor

This is a great big mess!!!Who asked you to change everything? I HATE HATE HATE it!

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the way you ask for me to fill out a survey, BEFORE I have even looked at the groups. I saw it was different, didn't like it, and was interested in filling out the survey when I was DONE. But, no, you ask the questions first. I gave pretty good answers for all the items on the survey. I have just spent time in the group, and it *****. I wish I had never filled out the survey - it looks like I iike the new page. I DONT - I WANT THE RIGHT TO KEEP THE OLD VIEW! Even Google gave me that option when they came out with a new format. I have been an active user of groups for many years, even moderate a few. If this doesn't change, I will not be back, and that is a sad disservice to the people who are using the groups for support during difficult times. And that is what most of my groups are - people helping people. How can you help people if it takes forever to find a ***** thing. GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base