How can we improve Yahoo?

Lost way too much personalized content. How can you say it's an improvment?

My customizations are NOT on the new My Yahoo as you claimed they would be. AND I was NOT given the option to opt out as you claimed I would be. I want my old MY Yahoo back! How could you possibly think this new layout is better than the old one. It's so cluttered now and disorganized. Please quit trying to fix things that aren't broken!!

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff Lawlor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what bugs me. The switch to the new My Yahoo is supposedly so drastic that you can't go back to the old My Yahoo!.

Yet if you go to ca.my.yahoo.com, uk.my.yahoo.com, in.my.yahoo.com, nameyourcountry.my.yahooo.com, you're back to they old My Yahoo (minus a few features).

Yahoo!'s claim seems very ingenious when you see your old My Yahoo! in its former glory on another country's site.

Can you, Yahoo!, be better than congress? Can we compromise here?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE the new page. I want my old yahoo back. Lost too much of my content and I am MAD. The new page SUCKS!!!!!

I liked tho old my.yahoo much better. Too many features are no longer there.

I would be happy if my yahoo homepage looked like the one in their photos. I can't add content... change themes... and can't change the layout. I don't like it at all!!! I have been searching for another homepage to use. I don't like their "new and improved" Yahoo homepage. It's awful!!!

I created my homepage since 2002 and I liked its appearance. But now I just delete them all because things are so messy since yahoo wanted to make "your yahoo" No more yahoo.

• LJK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use the term "hate" lightly.......but if you don't get my old "my yahoo" back real soon, I'm leaving yahoo altogether !!

• parsgal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible. All of my personal feeds I've had for years, some of them for more than a decade are now not working. How do you call absolutely destroying something an improvement?

• Leigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I almost feel like I just want to get another provider for my homepage. I just got my homepage set for the holidays and this new mess doesn't even have holiday themes as an option. I don't have a clue which bookmarks I had. They have been there forever. Now I have to go and figure them all out again and set them all up again. I may as well start completely new.

WORK AROUND!!! log into yahoo

CANADA CA.MY.YAHOO.COM

INDIA IN.MY.YAHOO.COM

I agree the new yahoo does not even come close to meeting my requirements
    now using google

We should be given the option of going back to the old MY YAHOO page. The new layout is awful. The news pages are different; the weather block won't keep my hometown, keeps giving me Sunnyvale, CA; and a few times has totally thrown in things that I didn't ask for. Let us have the option of going back. Sometimes new is now better.

i want my old my yahoo back also ,this is very unfair as i don't remember switching it but it just started that way one day ,what gives how do i switch back ?

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the ability to customize my own homepage background. The weather menu no longer lists/shows all my selected cities at one time. The current background selections are bland, unimaginative and boring. The content boxes are "klunky." I am now blasted by an add that is static, unmovable, and useless. The iGoogle import didn't assist in making it any better. Most changes I can roll with and get used too, this one may make me choose a new home page. To sum it up the new home page "Sucks Donkey Kong!"

Don't even think you could get the old Yahoo back. The team who designed it left the company already. Now they just start new thing and nothing works normally as it should be.
    I'm trying MSN and Outlook. It's so much better

Not like the new format for yahoo mail. Everytime I go to open a new email from someone it has arrows to the left and to the right, not letting me view the whole email, it cuts it off at some point. Also it is so confusing seeing all the history on one page, if there are more than one in one day it can get very confusing being your system does not always keep it updated as the most recent or oldest first PLEASE GO BACK TO OLD WAY OR HELP US OUT I CANNOT READ HARDLY ANY OF MY EMAILS!!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base