How can we improve Yahoo?

I HATE the new colors. I can't read the words on the purple background. I will stop using My Yahoo as home page if I can't go back to white

I HATE the new colors. I can't read the words on the purple background. I will stop using My Yahoo as home page if I can't go back to white

59th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. The new color scheme and pictures behind my layout, I have a hard time reading many of the links and previews. Also, with the new update, they messed up how i'd had my page organized as well. I held out until they forced me to upgrade, and since then, I RARELY go to my.yahoo.com any more!

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one more thing, verizon has a simple yahoo page. the background is white. you can also access your email from there. not sure how to customize the page yet.
    i wonder how long that one will be around. i may have to find out how to have verizon as my email address.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

srself commented on going to ca.my.yahoo.com. I have used that ever since the US version changed. the Canadian version is no longer available. i am now using uk.my.yahoo.com
    As with the Canadian yahoo, there was a warning:
    Thank you for using My Yahoo. To help focus our efforts on core Yahoo product experiences, we will discontinue My Yahoo by March 31, 2014 and redirect you to uk.yahoo.com. You can still access the US version at my.yahoo.com. Learn more.
    The UK version now has this warning. the only thing is when you click on the learn more it says this: At Yahoo, we are focused on making the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining. More than ever, that means focusing on our core products and experiences. To that end, effective March the 31st, 2014, My Yahoo is shutting down.

If you want to transfer your current My Yahoo settings, you are able to do so signing up on the my.yahoo.com site. Many of your applications will migrate to the US experience. However you won’t be able to transfer a small number of them. To fully understand the My Yahoo experience on the US site, useful articles can be found here.

Thank you for using My Yahoo!

i find both statements confusing. Re-directing to the UK.yahoo.com part is opposite of what it says in the "learn more" section.

I am running out of options here.

• R.M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Q1: Does anyone know Marissa Mayer's email address?

Q2: Is there any evidence that anyone from Yahoo actually reads any of our comments?

My sense is that Marissa Mayer and the rest of Yahoo don't care what the loyal users of myYahoo think about the "new [bad]" myYahoo.

Yahoo doesn't even have the decency to respond to their users that are complaining.

It really is time to leave the site because they don't really seem to care.

• Jo Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You claim to offer a Classic MY Yahoo choice but it isn't what we've been using for years! Did you ever review or use your own products before destroying them?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is nothing good about the new format, but the e mail is really bad! The themes are the worst! Makes it very hard to see anything on your screen! There is no selection of stationary. Bring that back please! The old way was so much better! Why would you change that? The design over all, is just pathetic! Very sad!

• esetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, can't read anything when I click more info. In additions, I don't seem to be able to move things from one column into another or to move things up or down within a column. My calendar doesn't have any entries (it also shows just 7 AM), even though my Yahoo calendar has lots of entries. My home page is now TOTALLY WORTHLESS.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've changed the theme to the one that works the best for me of the choices given. But on the home page of My Yahoo the print is very pale or faded, it is not strong and clear. The font is very thin on the mail. It would be helpful to have a thicker font. For instance, the light blue box that has "post a new idea" and then the slightly darker blue print with yet a different blue for the number beside it is hard to look at. I keep wanting to fix it to something easer to read.

• srself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until Yahoo fixes this mess, open http://ca.my.yahoo.com, bookmark it and log-in. In my case, all of my content is the same as it was in the prior U.S. version, including layout, themes, weather locations, market summary, portfolio cumulative totals, company news, etc. In other words, Yahoo has not changed the Canadian version of My Yahoo. You cannot add new U.S. content, but at least you can get back to what you had.

I HATE THE WAY MY EMAIL LOOKS. I CAN'T SEEM TO CHANGE THE UGLY PURPLE BACKGROUND AND IT'S HARD TO READ. I WANT THE ORGINAL YAHOO MAIL BACK. IT WAS EASIER TO WORK WITH. MAYBE I SHOULD TRY GOOGLE EMAIL INSTEAD.

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to CHOOSE my colors like on the old My Yahoo. I didnt like the default My Yahoo , so "Classic" doesn't help. How is removing our choice of colors reflect our own style or personality? I guess they only want us to be able to reflect THEIR style and personality and their choices. They should call it "Yahoo Our Way"

Near the top right of the screen click on Choose Themes. Scroll down through all the stupid themes to the very bottom and select Eggshell.

The new layout still sucks horribly but at least it's a little more readable this way.

Yahoo, who did you beta test with? People who didn't currently use MyYahoo because they thought it looked boring?

Feedback and Knowledge Base