How can we improve Yahoo?

stop changing my customized home page, update around it or offer new backgrounds and colors. I hate that you seem to do that at your whim.

update around my customized home page, stop changing my background, and color scheme this is how I want my page. stop changing my background and color. thank you

22nd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Toni Watson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to CUSTOMIZE MY OWN Personal HOME PAGE !! Or I will go somewhere that I can. Thank You.

How difficult would it be to offer new backgrounds that are not horrible? Who chose the ones made available? I offer my services if you need someone with good taste.

I am totally frustrated with Yahoo. Everytime I turn around my homepage has changed. I am seriously considering changing to a different homepage.

• Pam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Please put the old themes back for the My Yahoo page AND for the inbox page, or at least offer the old ones AND the new ones. Although I like some of the features of the new Yahoo (emails stacking up in one thread, and the auto-save feature is better) I dislike other features so much (the new themes :(, the fact that when I try to delete one email in a thread on my phone it deletes the entire thread, the lack of the underline feature, the lack of stationery, etc.) that I've been considering quitting dropping my Yahoo email and going solely with Gmail. The only reason I haven't done it so far is the hassle of changing my email address for groups I'm on, etc. To be frank, I liked Yahoo much better before, except for the lack of emails stacking in one thread.

• Patrick Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is typical geek: "Well, we can do this and that and it's cool." But you never ask the customer what he wants. The screens are horrible and difficult to read and navigate (or is that intended?). The screens are ugly. I've lost a lot of unique information and links. Did you even beta test this on a large sample of users?

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you keep fixing things that aren't broke? Let us go back to the older version. You can't seem to change things without 10 tries and even then it doesn't always work. Please!!

Your themes are awful. There was a reason we all used to customize our pages, and that is because your themes are too limited, and they don't work against the text.

• Evie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't tell me I can customize / personalize when I really can't. There's really NOT much I can customize to what I would really like to have.

you might want to look at my page view record, i think it has droped from several times a day to every other day. you happy about that? what i frequently looked at in the past is no longer there and you cannot tell me how to get it back. see you in a few days maybe.

I want my old home page back - I absolutely hate this one - how can you just change things without permission.

Where did my feeds go? 2 tabs are inaccessible, several feeds on the 1st page are unavailable. Something I literally built over years is destroyed by an upgrade better described as a downgrade. Themes are impossible to read, distracting, lacking in contrast, and font is so large you have to scroll for hours to see the contents. I had 7 feeds per column. It would take a week to read the 3 tabs because they are now so huge. And that's with just 3 stories when I had a 3 - 5 depending on the feed.

I can't get my local weather to stay. I get weather for Crestline fine! The old movie directory was much better. Everything about the old home page was better. I'm going to find a new home page.

I wonder how many comments are needed to understand the simple request? Give us back our former My Yahoo pages!
    I would expect a mail from Yahoo containing a link to my previous homepage, and an apology for indecency of making me the one-way change to something as awfully half-thought design as the new one.
    This has been now going on for really too long, and still we have to prove our point.
    And Yahoo has the nerve to do this to people they call their "loyal members"?
    What a laugh. How come no-one at Yahoo sees the shortcut out of this mess? Just roll back the previous, carefully customized pages, and then go on designing and advertising the current one all you want. But if that does not happen soon, I think I'll be leaving. I'll be sorry to do that after all these years, but that's what I'll do, and not for any reason other than Yahoo lack of basic politeness.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base