How can we improve Yahoo?

New Re-design

Yahoo was the first website I saw back in the Dark Ages (1995). I understand business growth and evolution, but for us old timers, there was always a comfortableness with Yahoo main page being my Home Page. Now you want to change that. Reading the comments below, I see I am FAR FROM ALONE on this. There is no reason why Yahoo can't have newly designed pages for newer users, and, have an 'opt-out' option for those of us that want to continue to employ the perfectly functional and wonderful original Yahoo main page as our Home Page.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
joseph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1198 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • gone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

obviously we are totally ignored since this was posted 09-19-2013 and Yahoo continues to change things for the worse. the new front page is horrible, please restore the previous front page, fire the development team and leave things alone.

• david nodsle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give me back the old yahoo. if it aint broke dont fix it. if some one wants a job give them a pay check and tell them to leave the old yahoo alone.

• Michael Unfried commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded IE 11 enhanced by Yahoo and your new design does not recognize that I have the latest browser that is supposed to be supported by Yahoo. However, the tools button for the toolbar does not work. The dropdown list is blank. When I want to choose a new theme, Yahoo says my browser is not up to date when it is. And I was enjoying the new Yahoo mail. But, now you only give me the basic service. As far as the Live button goes on the toolbar, I do not want it. I have tried to have it removed. But it will not go away. Why does Yahoo assume that everyone wants what they want. Please give back to me the ability to ad or remove any button on the toolbar I choose. Thank you, for taking this into consideration.

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo has just made themselves DISPENSIBLE!!!

So, you want to FORCE feed your toolbar down my throat in order to access my bookmarks! If I wanted a drop down list I could save them all in my browser.

The point is I DON'T WANT them in a drop down list!!!!! AND! as indicated by others the ONLY reason I have stayed with Yahoo as my home page has been the bookmarks module. Taking that away doesn't differentiate you from any other web page.

I might as well copy all of my links into a draft email that I can access on any computer and have All Recipes as my home page. That is how useless Yahoo is to me without bookmarks accessible on the page as opposed to a toolbar!

In addition, I AM NOT GOING TO ASK THE NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR TO DOWNLOAD YOUR STUPID TOOLBAR!

And, what is your answer for those of us who are now using an Android tablets. I no longer even own a PC and tablets DO NOT USE TOOLBARS!!!!!!!!!

Give me back my bookmarks ON my homepage!!! Today I srart the process of moving them all to an email!

What a bunch of jerks Yahoo has turned into!

• n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you guys keep messing with our bookmarks.. You take them from an alphabetical organized folder filing systems and have managed to make it next to IMPOSSIBLE to find any of our specific files/bookmarks.. What The **** Yahoo Get this back to the original... Ever hear of 'Don't change if its working' Or if its broke.. Well Bookmarks wasn't broke, but you all decided to make it better.. NOT !!!!!!!! So disappointed and can't find what I am looking for.. No bookmark folders, can't locate my utility bill folder to pay my bills, can't find my banking or credit folder. Yahoo you really messed up... BACK TO THE OLD simple suggestion.
    so sad I can't do anything with my computer , can't locate a **** thing!!!

• Mark King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still upset about the removal of Yahoo Bookmarks and the switch to the clunky toolbar which is an absolute disaster from the multiple negative comments below. Question for Yahoo Help: So if I login to my Yahoo Account on a friend's computer should I ask them if I can download the toolbar so I can see my bookmarks? Or do I need to call my IT Administrator at work and waste his/her valuable time to install this add-on? And the fact that your developers lost all my notes that were so useful in the old bookmarks and did not transfer them over to the tags section in the Toolbar/Bookmarks is also a disaster and will be the reason I spend more time or switch over completely to your competitors. Please do the right thing Yahoo and listen to your customer feedback.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to be forced to have a toolbar that I don't want just to access my bookmarks. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Disgruntled Yahoo User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyday, since the 1990's, I have happily used My Yahoo home page. No problems or issues. Clean and done the way I am comfortable with and liked it. Since February 2014, when Yahoo decided to change everything about the home page to what THEY WANT instead of what the customer wants, I HAVE HATED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

You can't access easily like before any of the Fantasy sports teams, and now you are changing up the "bookmarks" and making it even more inconvenient for me to do anything I am accustomed to doing.

Wake up!!!! It is incredible to me that you would do this and keep on getting worse with your "improvements". They are not improvements!!!

Give your loyal users the option to have back what they are used too or consider me gone from ever using Yahoo again. I'll make sure to tell others to stay away.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS APPEARS TO BE UNDER REVIEW SINCE SEPT 2013 - IT IS NOW JUNE 2014.

WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?

IF IT IS CALLED "MY" YAHOO THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE IT "MY" WAY.

PLEASE ALLOW US TO CUSTOMIZE THE HOME PAGE WITH MY INTERESTS - NOT WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD BE INTERESTED IN.

Okay, so I tried installing this awful toolbar thing and getting the following error message:
    "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a
    connection failure with Toolbar.Yahoo.Com."

Finally, the demise of Yahoo has come!

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The loss of Bookmarks to the "Home" and other pages is just another step in the demise of Yahoo.

yep, the only reason that I have been still using "My Yahoo" as a home page was the Bookmarks module. It made it so that I could access those favorites on any browser, on any device. Now that they've removed that, I have absolutely no reason to use My Yahoo, or Yahoo at all for that matter.

• John Marietta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like you should be getting the hint by now that all people do not want to be hand fed what you want them to have. Seeing all the complaints so far, and there will be more, trying to force us to install a toolbar that we don't want isn't going over well. Yahoo toolbar has been available forever. If we wanted it we'd already have it. Making our bookmarks only available on the toolbar is only going to find another browser. It's becoming a matter of principle as well as choice.

Well Yahoo. Your new toolbar still sucks. Forcing people to use that ridicules thing is outrageous.
    The smartest thing you folks can do is bring back the former Bookmarks.Yahoo.Com site.
    I heard of company's shooting themselves in the foot but you guys take the cake.

By the look of things Yahoo still has not come to their senses yet. They are still trying to jam that stupid Toolbar thing down everyone's throat. They should give people the option or not to use it. If they are not going to allow users to go back to Bookmarks.yahoo.com then the Tool Bar should allow a section for notes and not just "Tags and Folders." But I guess you gotta be a Phi-Beta-Kappa from Harvard to figure that out. Come on Yahoo, you can to do better than this.

• Icky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wished many Yahoo changes were reversed ............ many miserable users out there ..........

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60

Feedback and Knowledge Base