How can we improve Yahoo?

Want my old page back

I have had the same my yahoo home page for so many years I don't remember when I got it arranged that way. Intro said there was a opt out. There is no opt out. Fix it or I will go to another provider.

15th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Norm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kathy Muir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not "opt-in" to new Yahoo, my home page just went there; I couldn't even get the new info to leave my home page without looking at new page. I thought I would have had to sign some kind of "I accept" statement for the page to change. I can't even go back to my Bellsouth home page! Very unhappy.

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched to the Canadian version of Yahoo and my old page is (mostly) back. As long as it stays, I will probably not switch to another home page. HOWEVER, if they change that, I'm outa here for good!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried various type sizes but came up with a more muddled page than I had before. My stock listings does not seem to match the news items like it did before. Why is everything all spread around? I like it the way it was before. Why did you not let me go back to my old lay out. I tried to get aroung your notice of change but could not. There was no alternative. Is this your best, Marissa

• Reno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo has turned into a dictator by forcing the new My Yahoo upon us and not being able to opt out to keep our old version. I think I speak for thousands of others who feel the same. In my opinion the new My Yahoo looks ******.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congratulations. I have made good on the sentiments expressed here and have found another home page. I love the old format of My Yahoo and will check back to see if you finally listen to all of the feedback telling you that the new page is not working for your loyal subscribers. I used to go the my yahoo page multiple times a day to keep myself informed about the world. The new page does not work for that purpose. It has less to do with technical issues and more with the general layout. It should be telling when the vast majority of comments are aghast at what you have done to the My Yahoo pages we all still love.

I totally agree...the New My Yahoo is a piece of junk! Am seriously considering a different provider as are many others!

Yahoo is so frustrating, this new my yahoo is not an improved version. I prefermy old one and am getting quite tired of these yahoo hassles.

• Chuck Mercurio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horrible!!! I have had My Yahoo as a home page for over 10 years. Set up exactly as I want it,
    with one click on a particular Portfolio i could either go straight to the Performance table and see exactly where my investments were or with one click edit it as needed. Now I click on the title, and the portfolio goes away. or I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and 3 clicks later... after a ridiculous wait I get to where I'm going. UNACCEPTABLE! Yahoo used to be agile, not fashionable. it used to be useful, now I'll have to find a home page that is more functional and meets my needs as the OLD Yahoo did, customize-able to fit my needs, not those of a cadre more concerned about social networking than customer focused functionality.

I agree.. The new version is horrible.. Please allow us to get back to the old home page

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new portal looks like a throwback to the 90s. Bring back the old home page!

Why did you change my yahoo e-mail setup. I hate it. My wife's wasn't changed, why mine. I want my old one back.

• srself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open http://ca.my.yahoo.com and bookmark it. In my case, all of my content is the same as it was in the prior U.S. version, including layout, themes, weather locations, market summary, portfolio cumulative totals, company news, etc. In other words, Yahoo has not changed the Canadian version of My Yahoo. Maybe they won't. You cannot add U.S. content, but at least you can get back to what you had.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base