How can we improve Yahoo?

Please give us the option to go back to the old page. The new one is terrible!

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bob Soto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

164 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how this could be considered an improvement. I had it set up just as I wanted it and it served me well for many years. Unless given the option of going back to that old version I will look for another site. I can't risk you changing things whenever it pleases you. This is AWFUL!!

• Chuck Mercurio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Anonymous below - you really SCREWED IT UP!!! THIS NEW PAGE IS HORRIBLE!!!
    I have had My Yahoo as a home page for over 10 years. Set up exactly as I want it,
    with one click on a particular Portfolio i could either go straight to the Performance table and see exactly where my investments were or with one click edit it as needed. Now I click on the title, and the portfolio goes away. or I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and 3 clicks later... after a ridiculous wait I get to where I'm going. UNACCEPTABLE! Yahoo used to be agile, not fashionable. it used to be useful, now I'll have to find a home page that is more functional and meets my needs as the OLD Yahoo did, customize-able to fit my needs, not those of a cadre more concerned about social networking than customer focused functionality.

I liked the old my yahoo, The new my yahoo is useless and cumbersome to the point I don't want to use it.

I cannot believe how badly Yahoo goofed up My Yahoo.
    ALL my bookmarks have disappeared.
    Stock portfolios used to be easy & concise, now a big cumbersome mess
    You inserted modules on my page that I had intentionally deleted from my page.
    You rearranged modules that you should have left alone.
    And don't get me started about what you did to my email.
    I want my old page back.

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever hear the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" You should have listened. The new homepage absolutely sucks. Please allow us the option to get the old format back. I love it and have for years.

I agree this new my yahoo is terrible. I kept my old one as long as I could. I am happy at all!

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, agree, agree. The layout is impossible! Difficult to read, scan for headlines . . . I don't want to spend an hour every morning trying to sort through the content, nor do I want ads flashing in my face! Please let us revert to our old page!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pathetic -- really! The value of the My Yahoo page to me was always that I could see headlines at a glance in several categories, in order of their importance to me. This is a horrendous arbitrary mashup scattered all over the screen, making everything difficult and slow to find and read. Please let me return to the old format -- or I'll reset my home page to another portal provider (after having used My Yahoo since it was first available). The new My Yahoo is all about graphics with no regard for content or usability. Reflects very badly on a company that purports to be interested in user-friendly design.

I am not resistant to change, but the new MyYahoo layout is awful. Hard to read and lost all the news summaries for each stock in my portfolio. Did you guys even test this? It's so bad, I am thinking of closing my account and using my GMail account only.

I can't log out from my Home Page. That is a pain to have to go to mail or something else to log out.
    The calendar is nice but takes WAAAY to much room. Where is the financial summary from the old Home Page?

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks greenraven1!!!!! You are a lifesaver! I don't know how to function without my bookmarks. Tomorrow I am copying them all and then going in search of a new home page! Yahoo is now for the birds (no insult intended to you)!

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New MyYahoo is quite a step backwards for most of us. Just like my real home, I spend a good amount of time at my "HOME-page" while online. Well Yahoo sort-a remodeled my home without my permission and I don't appreciate that invasion. Then again, Yahoo is the landlord and can do as they please with THEIR site. Then again, I'm going to move to "igHome". Thanks Yahoo, its been nice knowing you the past 10 years or so.

• Don Valley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changes are not an upgrade....in fact they are extremely limiting requiring more clicks to view the same content. Yahoo finance used to be the best, maybe its time to move.

• gary amato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new page sucks. I have had my yahoo as my homepage for years. If I cannot go back to the old format, I will drop it and go somewhere else.

Feedback and Knowledge Base