How can we improve Yahoo?

Please give us the option to go back to the old page. The new one is terrible!

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bob Soto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

164 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty much like health care sounds like a good idea and when implemented the thing just SUCKS and does not satisfy anyone but the ones who had the brilliant idea to begin with.

• Stu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So something that has worked really quite well for a lot of intelligent people for almost 2 decades, now needs replacing? Really? Like saying "Gee. We've played a Super Bowl for almost half a century, and folks pretty much plan their winter around it. But, on the other hand, I'm new here, and trying to launch my career, so let's just pull the plug on this tired old SuperBowl. We'll replace it with something more user friendly and such. So, here you go, loyal football fans...the First Annual Croquet Tournament! Everyone will love it, and there is none of that complicated 'neutral zone infraction' stuff. No! Croquet Tourney I will be really colorful and fun!"

This MyYahoo hijacking is maddeningly stupid.

Hate this layout as SFW states below. The fact that I was forced to go with it is also problematic.

Typical, tell the customer what's best for them. No wonder your company shows no growth.

• SFW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

List of Issues/Errors
    1) Ugly interface with "Themes" that are unappealing at best and impossible to use due to contrast issues.
    2) Is actually slower to load on my system then before. Likely due to too many embedded graphics (why do you think we need to see a team logo?) and the ridiculous continuous scroll along the margins.
    3) No why to "refresh" just the portfolio section without having to go through the long refresh of the entire page.
    4) No logic used in the interface.
    5) My Yahoo insists it knows where I am located and keeps giving me weather for there. Allow us users to set the location and have the weather ignore where it thinks I am.
    6) Yahoo! Sports pages are now completely unusable as the new layout is such an attempt at "art" it is no longer useful. Data overload and no way of finding the simplest things easily (e.g., standings, records). It is not designed for use by sports fans - it is designed to show what can be done - even if it is terrible.

Thanks greenraven1 - You Da Man!! I use My Inbox at work to see what emails I am receiving and the New version only shows 5 where the old one showed 20. Using the Canada version gets me that back..!!

The new my yahoo page is awful. I want to go back to my old yahoo page. Improve it by going back to the previous version.

• greenraven1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to a comment here I went to Yahoo Canada at ca dot my dot yahoo dot com (Yahoo doesn't like links even to another Yahoo site).

There was MY beloved home page still there with my Fantasy Sports teams etc.

Yahoo Canada, stay strong and true. I'm one American heading virtually due north to the cyberland of freedom and choice.

• Thor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's clear that users are overwhelmingly opposed to the new format. Is there anyone at Yahoo that is listening?

Hate the new format and will be looking around for a better option. Sad since I have had Yahoo for years but it is really terrible and not user friendly.

Agreed. The financial section actually gives me less information than before. Some improvement!

YAHOO SUCKS!! Give us back the old format we had before this. I am gone to MSN or Protopage. Bye Bye...

• Jean Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forgot to mention...it would appear that well over 3,000 users agree with my opinion, and that's 2 weeks away from your so-called launch date. I was notified once...ONCE, that changes were coming, but was given no warning that it would be changed without option of choice. Since you didn't bother to run this by us prior to pushing it on us, I don't suppose you're bothering now to actually listen to this cacophony of outrage. This is simply an unsound business model people. Yahoos' days are numbered...

• Jean Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an utter FAIL. I've already changed to another homepage & won't be back until we are given the option to opt out of this mess you've forced onto your users. This is so outrageous that I may not be back even then.

• ekimflow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using since 1997. I gave up on Yahoo mail because you played around with that and screwed it up, so I moved to Google. But you have my My Yahoo page so messed up that I don't feel like reorganizing it. My portfolio section is a mess and I can't figure out how to fix it from anything I can find on Yahoo. It will be easier to start it up somewhere else, so I'll start looking around tomorrow. Stop trying to be Google, you lost each battle and finally the war.

Feedback and Knowledge Base