How can we improve Yahoo?

"MY Yahoo?!" This is YOUR Yahoo!!

I expect Machiavellian treatment of users from Microsoft. But to tell users about a "new Yahoo" and cover the visual with a huge dialog box that makes it impossible to examine the "new Yahoo" without selecting the 'yes' button - and then locking the user into the new version instantly. Well. I'm in awe of how low Yahoo has sunk.
It wouldn't be so bad if the new version was better. But it stinks. So there goes My Yahoo as the home page on all of my devices. Congrats, guys - another Google win!!

23rd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Unhappy Former Yahoo User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dont change my name!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo continues to do nothing but review. They refuse to accept that they have a fatally flawed website with tons on issues! I have been trying for weeks to see my teams on my page and instead it will not update my selections. I have posted numerous feedback posts yet they fail to address the issue. It is very obvious that we have a company here that is totally mismanaged and will soon go the way of ***** and JCPenneys and all the other mismanaged companies that currently are struggling to continue to exist. Yahoo has long lost its place as an internet leader and soon will be a has been. But yet these product support people continue to post unrelated canned computer generator responses that do not address the problem and telling the rest of us how stupid they thing we are. I have switched my home page, I now go elsewhere for everything I used to get from my Yahoo and only come back out of curiousity wondering how long it will take for yahoo to listen to us or go belly up. I believe now that belly up and six feet under will be the final verdict for yahoo!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here .... I'm done with Yahoo because it its Yahoo's My Yahoo not mine anymore.

I trusted them... not now

I totally agree with that **** takeover of my homepage. I had it the way I liked it and can't stand looking at this **** they put up here. Probably leaving this after nearly 15 years. Big Brother bull.

I waited until you FORCED me onto your mess of a page as my mother's was moved there earlier and LOST MOST of the CONTENT she USED!!!! When I logged in and found I'd been FORCED onto this HOT MESS along with MOST OF MY CONTENT GONE, limited choices for readability column widths that have to ALL BE THE SAME and the crud layout NOTHING LIKE the imaginary BS your propaganda depicted all I could think is it's a HUGE STEP BACKWARD!!! My 9 year old niece could create a better page for my use than this useless advertising ploy!

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last year they ruined Yahoo! Sports, and I moved to ESPN. Now they've replaced the few pieces of useful content I had on my front page with ads, so I'm out. I didn't want to start using Google Plus, but since I have to change anyway...

Intelligent company leadership would fix this disaster before all their faithful long term customers leave. I will be moving my mail, homepage and portfolio to another service if this is not repaired before the end of February. I hate to be forced to leave, but if I have to redo everything anyway I will find a better format on Google, MSN or other service currently under review.

It is obvious Yqahoo needs advertising dollars so we are the scapegoats. I wish Yahoo could choose better management methods instead of the force feeding we are getting.
    If the changes to the site were new and exciting maybe they would fly but, when revenues are the only driving force this *****-up becomes the result.

• Tom Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you "expect" it from Microsoft? Oh...is it because you are totally ignorant of Microsoft and just follow he anti-MS crowd like a brainless lemming? Microsoft has given its users FAR more freedom than any other tech company EVER has. But I guess for some people, letting others do your thinking for you is just an easier way to go through life.

• srself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until Yahoo fixes this Yahoocare mess, open http://ca.my.yahoo.com, bookmark it and log-in. In my case, all of my content is the same as it was in the prior U.S. version, including layout, themes, weather locations, market summary, portfolio cumulative totals, company news, etc. In other words, Yahoo has not changed the Canadian version of My Yahoo. You cannot add new U.S. content, but at least you can get back to what you had.

• Alan Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking about going to Google as my homepage as well. This new "s**t" sucks . The new calendar suckss the whole page is NOT user friendly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base