How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Deb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's see.. hmm.. the above response was posted two years ago and nothing has been done. Never know Yahoo to blatantly disregard 'feedback'. But, after watching the stock reports I now understand why yahoo isn't fairing well.

• Deb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't a phone app. Most of us still use PC's. Give me back MyYahoo Home page.

• sandy woodard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there's sooooooooo many that don't like the new format, me included, with a whole lot of bad comments,,, guess what im trying to say is,,, does it make a difference that we want the old format??????????????????????????? ur going to do what u want, we don't get a choice

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just noticed that the ADMIN, Yahoo, last comment is from Jan 23, 2014, so the Product support is still hibernating. What a lot of losers, my wife already went to outlook, where they don't downgrade the performance of their product continiously!!!!

Stop thinking... your thoughts are no good, as you can read, hear and see from all the complaints.

I can't believe it's just your developers NOT knowing their job.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change the new homepage. It is terrible and not even close to the old homepage. I'm using a desktop not a tablet. I expect to be looking at a desktop web page not a tablet webpage. Because of this change, Yahoo will be not existing much longer.

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new page is absolutely horrible. Yahoo needs to stop messing around with it and leave it alone. This is forcing me to use a new search engine. Please send me the instructions on how I can go back to the old yahoo page.

I am dropping yahoo and moving to Gmail...you guys just did what Coke did years ago with new coke...drove up the Pepsi market! BYE!!

• Harvey Uken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, just how much feedback do you need to go back to the old layout.

Your responses so far indicate *********, yahoo user.

DO YOU EVEN CARE WHAT SO MANY PEOPLE THINK OR ARE YOU SO SMUG THAT YOU JUST DON'T GIVE A **** IF PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT. WE DON'T!!!!!!!!

we HATE this new set up. We just want the old one back. Had it wet the way we used things. We don't like that you can just do AWAY with our settings and put all this **** out. Maybe it is time to go to some other server. why do you feel the need to **** so many people off. Do you feel like you know more than we do what we use.

URGENT!!! PLEASE SENDBACK MY OLD HOME PAGE. I CAN'T OPEN MY FILES. I CAN'T EDIT, COPY FROM EMAIL AND PASTE IN MY NEWSLETTER.
    PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO GET THIS NEWSLETTER OUT TODAY!!!!!

I absolutely HATE the new homepage. What the heck was wrong with the old one? I'll be going elsewhere because this new lay out is the worst.

I don't like the newer My Yahoo page nearly as much as the older one, & don't use it as often. Harder to navigate, don't like the color & background choices much, & it's harder to shift the modules around to exactly where i want them. One of the worst re-designs of a website I know. I'm also so tired of Yahoo mail crashing, that after 15 years, I'm thinking of switching.

• Brian Schimpf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new homepage is confusing and difficult to navigate. It isn't at all clear why it was changed in the first place. Please give your users a headsup when you're going to make a change of this magnitude. It would also be nice if you provided a way for users to opt out of the change, but that may be beyond your technical capabilities.

• Icky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing on the new MY YAHOO works. I customize the page and I get
    "Sorry your MY YAHOO page cannot be loaded at this time, try back later or refresh".

NOTHING WORKS on it: no email, no calendar, no weather............. just Ads for everything a person doesn't not want to see. What are we to do but to find another homepage elsewhere that actually WORKS!

The old Yahoo mail would tell you who the sender was when you hovered over the name in the from column which could be different than the name given.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58

Feedback and Knowledge Base