How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to my page size, it's to big?? I can't even see all my options like the 3 horizontal bars... My favorites are gone. I am not happy.

• Helen Terhune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my old yahoo back with my collies dogs on front page this one stink can not even get the themes I want . PUT BACK THE OLD ONE PROGRESS DON'T ALWAYS MEAN GOOD IN THIS CASE IT STINK.

This service has improved over the years, but the new version is awful. I can't take any action while viewing an email. All action buttons and tabs are gone. Will be searching for a new mail carrier...once very loyal user.

I have lost my tabs and action buttons. Not usable in this format. May have to switch to another mail service

I'm like everyone else!! The new Yahoo is really a joke. The email is awful. Just don't understand not being able to go back to the way it was or at least make it similar. Half the time I don't even read my email. Guess I need to change "My Yahoo" and email!!

• Kev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have complained since Yahoo removed the buttons on the bottom of the preview window for a long time now....the buttons to delete email from the preview window for instance, without having to open Yahoo Mail.

Suddenly, they were back. That was great. Now they are gone again!

What gives? Bring back the buttons so we don't have to open Yahoo Mail just to delete one message, and allow us, as we were able to do in the past, to simply go to our My Yahoo page, preview our mail, and delete from there any messages we know we're not ever going to read even if we open Yahoo Mail!

It's so simple. It makes using Yahoo Mail better. It makes having My Yahoo as a homepage better.

The broader issue beyond the poor functionality of the new Yahoo is the issue of trust.

I don't believe I can trust Yahoo with my data anymore.

I'm not willing to invest time and effort to make the my Yahoo page, which is home page, look the way I want to because I no longer believe that Yahoo will respect what I've done, nor will I be able to retrieve information once I put it in there, such as my bookmarks.

I'm already making arrangements to migrate to another platform.

Destroying my trust in you is probably the worst thing you did when you insisted that everyone conform to your ideas about what my Yahoo should contain.

The new home page should be junked and the old one brought back. It is difficult to manage content. I cannot get my location in weather, I cannot get some sport teams removed from my teams. I cannot not show calendar content on the home page, All these were available on the old home page. Please pay attention to all the negative feedback.

• carol pollack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please leave the Weather box on the My Yahoo page alone (which you finally got right). I used to be able to glance at the 4 cities I wanted to keep track of....Well my home city was not exact, but close enough. Now nothing is on my My Yahoo but a link. Click on the link and a WHOLE screen comes up with pictures and a ton of info about my home location (which is finally correct) but way tooooo much...To see the other three locations...I need to click on each one of them individually. I don't want all that info....I could get the info I needed easier the old way. It is also too hard to get back to My Yahoo after clicking through all the other locations.

And NO, I could not upgrade all through May when you kept telling me to. I tried repetedly. I had -0- idea I would be punished so heavily for my computer not being able! You are very mean.

I don't give a fig about what you do to the home page, but my email is ruined. You took away emoticons, spell check, stationary, font choices. I don't think you had to be so radical just cause I have a 7 year old iMac!!!!! I am very upset.

Feedback and Knowledge Base