How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • beanbobb96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news section has city's that we set up to get the latest up to time news, but what I see is news from a city that is 200 miles away and has nothing to do with the city that we are looking at. Why does this have to be can you not correct this, I want local news from that city then why can not get it??????????

• beanbobb96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a page that I personalty set up and you people changed all that for me to the point that nothing works. The mail sucks, before when I would read my mail and Delete the message I would get the next item on the screen. Now it takes me back to the inbox so I have to open a new line. This is a bunch of ********??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I get rid of the Bing search that comes up instead of My Yahoo home page?

New Yahoo home page bad not as compact as before--more key stroke to get info. Mail is awful--very labor intensive--my print get larger with each line & I have to go Bake & make it all the same in every single email I send. I am looking in to other avenues away from yahoo.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not opposed to change, but it sure seems like someone or a group at Yahoo is working hard to justify their jobs. Change for the sake of change is, well, Yahoo e-mail!
    It's now confusing and just plain annoying - definitely not more user friendly, which is what I would think you'd be striving for.
    So many things - you can hardly tell which are new as the 'bold' is so faint...it's not texting so don't make it look like that!...underline - gone...stationery - gone...getting the first few words by hovering - gone...etc. WHY?!
    Gathering feedback is nice, but I should think with the number of complaints I saw and all the people who are frustrated but don't bother to write you'd do something. If not, and it won't be fun to switch, I'm off to G-mail.

I truly dislike your "improvements".
    Before you shoved this latest change down our throats I was able to reload the "current minus 2" version of the home page I preferred by opening "craigslist' then e-mail and then if I clicked on the homepage tab the version I wanted re-appeared.
    Now this does not work.
    Previously I accidently located a yahoo library that contained the "my.yahoo.com/" homepages but I can no longer locate that either.
    Also the new e-mail smells worse than the mess the raccoons left in my attic.
    I am actively searching for a different homepage that is more to my liking.
    When someone at Yahoo calls a meeting of intelligent minds and figures out a way to allow users to have a choice of the homepages that were previously available please let me know.

• Leia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello: Please bring back the old Yahoo Email system and also the Settings option. I really am having trouble on this new email system and settings option on here, and I can't seem to block email addresses. Your Help section doesn't help at all. Please bring back the old way. Thank you.

• Raul Serrano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY OLD EMAIL ADDRESS AND ALL MY FORMER EMAIL WOULD THAT BE POSSIBLE.ALL MYFAMILY ADDRESS OR ON THE OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

The new format SUCKS! I post Craigslist ads for sailboats in (2) sailboat groups along with several others..and NOW when I post a link..it brings up a preview of the entire ad that I just posted in the message. Provide the ability to turn it OFF PLEASE!!

I LIKE MY OLD,MY YAHOO. IT WAS BETTER. PLEASE BRING BACK,THIS NEW ONE STINKS. SORRY, JUST HONEST. SINCERELY, PAMELA RHODES

My old home page was designed for my specific needs and easily modified. I could quickly access what I needed & move on to email & other concerns. I hate, hate, hate the new format. Too much stuff all spread out. All attempts to modify the page has resulted in worse results.

Give us a choice or I am GONE!

• Diana Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back old yahoo. This mess doesn't work. My weather says that today is Friday???? Its Sunday. My email won't load, I now use a client to collect my mail. Too many other issues to list. Tired of fighting this..

• Mark Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring back the old Yahoo. I use it at work and i go to my book marks many times each day. Now my book marks are missing so i guess i will have to look for a new homepage that has book marks. bring back the old Yahoo please

Feedback and Knowledge Base