How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

specialty services - WORD to everything you said. As a long time (and now former) yahoo user, I moved on last October and haven't looked back. While my new start page isn't anywhere as nice as my "old" yahoo page, at least it's better than the new "****" MM/et al tried to shove down our throats. They ruined everything good about yahoo - the start page/mail/groups. Hopefully the BOD/advertisers wise up and remove Queen Marissa before she completely destroys what's left of yahoo!

• specialty services commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Fonts and graphics are too large and inconvenient. They cannot be scaled to convenient size by users. 2. Both weather locations and stock prices are sometime incomplete until refreshing the page several times. 3. My current location is listed as 'United States'. Various automated personalization attempts by my.yahoo place me in Oregon, Ohio, Kansas etc. I KNOW where I am and don't need to be told - especially incorrectly. 4. I can't get to show times at my local movie theater. After several clicks, my.yahoo will find my theater in favorites and list the movies playing, but when I click the movie I want to see, it takes me to a description page for that film with too many splashy graphic elements (that simply tie up my connection when on wireless devices) and shows a theater at seemingly a random theater location in the US. 5. Far too many of the linked pages to other Yahoo content are apparently coded so they do not horizontally scale well when operated in less than a full window.

Folks, I could go on for paragraphs more, but these are good for now. You are driving me and others to other sites for our start pages. I've personally started building a few to see which best meets my needs as my.yahoo used to. You tried to enhance or fix what wasn't broken and broke it - profoundly! Stop trying to tweak things now. The new system that does not fundamentally meet users needs and wants. There are thousands of user rants over this all over the internet. Eat some crow. Let us opt to go back. Then you can teak things to make them better. What you've done now is not growing Yahoo. It is destroying it. Think AOL...

• wingmate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo says, " We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing." This is the 1089th comment since September 29, 2013 - all negative. Obviously Yahoo isn't listening or caring. For the record, there is nothing I like better about the "new" My Yahoo! homepage.

• AnonEmouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going on 7 months now since Dave (OP) started thread and not 1 d@mn thing has been done to fix the problems. Looks like YAHOO will go crashing down into oblivion, like others have done. (Case in point: 1 of our local area email servers closed its doors years ago with NO notice and all users were left with NO Internet or email for weeks! Office doors padlocked and all workers gone! Never did find out what happened.)

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Yahoo/Feedback~ My comments mirror those of so many other long time Yahoo uses: Please bring back the former face page. If the powers-to-be can't quite accept this,
    then at least give us the choice as to which one we would prefer to use. Otherwise,
    Yahoo will go the way of AOL and other former websites---into the dustbin of history.

• Patrick Floyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be leaving yahoo as soon as I find an acceptable replacement. I've had it with the flooding advertising and constant obsession with changing the product.

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came back to see if they had addressed this feedback yet! Obviously they haven't. I have been away from YourYahoo for a month now and I don't even miss it. Thanks Yahoo for not taking any action on this and forcing me to leave. I will back occasionally to check this feedback just to see if you ever do anything to keep your remaining users.

• L. Punch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new format absolutely, unequivocally horrible. no channel number and no easily accessible ways between screens.

• Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But they so appreciate our comments and love our feedback lol, NOT!!!

I have never seen a company that received this much feedback with all the threads that our ongoing, and they completely disregard them, they don't look at them or even acknowledge them. To me this is a company that really does not care about their users or what they want. I trully do not know what they want, but I know what they won't have soon, and that is the faithful backing of the millions of users who have lost their homepages, with all the important information on it that was used daily, to include the weather; stock portfolio; news and the infinite amount of items that different users used on a daily basis. I left Yahoo last month, and have a new homepage and search engine, and I actually only come back now to see if anything has changed which it hasn't. It's time to move on people, because Yahoo left us in the dust a long time ago.

WOW! you guys are really on the ball! My weather location now says "United States" with a temp of about 30 degrees less than where I am actually located. So I guess this is an average temp of the entire US all rolled in to one huh. So what are the requirements to work for such a clueless company? I guess the thousands of feedback comments, ALL of which despise the new my yahoo mean nothing to you. Pretty sad when a company couldn't care less about what their users really want, which btw is the old My Yahoo!

The fact that this major change of how Yahoo allows presentation of web content was viewed within Yahoo positively enough to move forward with such a feeble product speaks volumes about the brain-trust and leadership within this company. How could anybody look at this change and see it as an improvement over the old version? Absolutely mind-boggling! Time to find a new provider.

Just tried ighome, thanks for the recommendation Dan! Much better than this "new and improved" version of their yahoo. I wish they had listened to ALL the feedback and just gave us all back what we were all happy with. So, sadly after many years with Yahoo, I am moving on. I now have a new home page.

Change it back Please! I hate absolutely everything about it! It's awful! I have yet to see any positive feedback on this change!

Please change it back! I hate it! Can't stand that stupid adds in the upper right hand corner and the fact you can't remove or even move it somewhere else on the page! I'm thinking seriously about going to Google and switching also from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.

• wingmate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is my observation that it is almost universal that your new homepage is not wanted by anyone. Admit that you made a mistake and let us all go back to what we liked. This is not progress but, apparently, change for the sake of change. This is absolutely not a "great experience". There is nothing that I like more about the new homepage than I liked about the old version. Either you don't read the thousands of negative comments or you just don't care about your customers - which is it?

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spent a fair amount of time researching all of the other options. None of them are as good as the old my.yahoo. uStart.org is as close to the old thing as I could manage. Still need to tinker with it more, but I do believe I'll be making it my homepage shortly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base