How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jimlve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We appreciate your feedback"...but as you can see by our reply could care les what you want or think. Regards, Marissa

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dan, I had tried ighome but guess I was too abrupt to abandon it. You're right, the stock stuff is as good or better than what I'm using now, plus the other modules are definitely better. Thanks for the follow-up!

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try ighome.com. Very similiar to myyahoo and is customizable.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt the petition will do anything, but I signed it anyway. If they won't listen to the thousands of negative comments on their own discussion sections, I doubt a petition of a few hundred will change anything. Instead, I refuse to even visit that POS new format, and I've stopped using all Yahoo services: News, sports, finance...whatever has Yahoo in the name, I avoid it. It's a shame, because I liked Yahoo Finance very much.

Everyone should just find another page. I've tried the popular ones (Protopage and uStart), but neither has a stock ticker worth a ****. Only igoogleportal has something I can tolerate, so I'll be using that until someone at Yahoo wakes up and realizes what a monumental error in judgment they made. I'm not holding my breath, though.

• Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting, Yahoo has been gathering feedback since January 2014, and over 1070 comments, and they still don't know what Yahoo Users want. If this doesn't tell everyone what Yahoo thinks about them nothing will.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree over $200 a month for my AT&T service and I am paying way to much for less. I hate the new My Yahoo. Why did you drop the Fantasy Sports content? It was the only reason I used my yahoo on my phone. I won't use it on my phone until it is added back. I am also sick of setting my phone to my current location only to have it bounce back to Sunnyvale. Seeing my desktop on my phone is another option I miss.

• Fed up commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

****** AT&T service and now a useless homepage...my high speed DSL runs LESS THAN 1Mbps...slower than my old dial-up...***** changing homepages, I'm changing internet providers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new homepage is terrible. I hate it and it's not user friendly. Gotta go and find another homepage.

To Bosco: There are plenty of sites out there a couple are uStart; Protopage; MSN; Google. Some people are using uStart and say its actually pretty good. I went with Protopage, which I got to look a lot like my Classic Yahoo. I am sure there are others, but there are a few.

Unfortunately, Yahoo is never going to change back. They are not listening to any of us at all. Has you can see from their lovely comment above. So the only way to get them to listen is to leave. If you complain and stay, then what you get is what you get. I will not settle, and have left totally, except to check back on the complaint pages, to see if they have responded to anyone, which they haven't.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing I like about the new site is the "Minions" theme. It doesn't remember my display preferences, it can't find my location or tells me I'm miles from where I am, I can't just arrow through the news stories to find one I want to see, and I don't want stock pop-ups every time I happen to move my mouse over a stock. BRING BACK THE OLD "MY YAHOO"

• RLF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else...I hate the new layout. Regardless of how many of us complain, you won't change the MyYahoo page back, so I won't even bother listing my issues. After nearly 20 years of being a loyal Yahoo user, I'll be spending today searching for a new, customizable, home page. You've lost me!!!

• bosco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want to switch homepages after this new disasterous 'update', would people please leave some of their favorite finds? i've been using yahoo for so long, i don't know what's out there. now i need to find out. thanks.

Went online to see if any news service was picking up on the disaster going on with Yahoo!! Check out what I found out: This is a small portion of what is on web page:

https://modsandmembersblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/

** What really lies beneath the brand new NEO interface Yahoo claims is so wonderful? Want the truth? Below that shiny appearance is disaster.

Classic lies in ruins with its archives in shambles, the photos scrambled, and the NEO code they tried to replace it with so full of bugs we would need to hire a fleet of exterminators to remove them all.

And here’s the BEST part….it was created and released with all those bugs! Yessirree, Yahoo decided that maybe it would be a great idea to foist this new, non-beta-tested, buggy interface on a random selection of Classic Group Users…with no warning!

That was back in August of 2013. August 4th is the earliest date anyone has provided me for the Neo flip. And as usual, people took to the Yahoo Uservoice forum to comment.

One particular comment, we fondly call the “Top Topic” in Groups, was created on August 7, 2013. It had been the longest running topic we had going down there and the most voted on one.

Return Groups format to prior format that WORKS!

Below is a screen capture of the beginning phrases of that topic. Note the vote count box to the left. (This capture is from a user with a different computer and browser, so the fonts won’t exactly match the next image.)**

Couldn't get it all check out the website for more. But isn't it nice to know we were used as guinea pigs??????????????????????????????????

LOL, LOL, LOL!!! You have to love the Admin comment above. Seriously!!! They think we like this page now? Do they honestly not understand that we hate this format. Do they not realize how many people are leaving because they will not bring the old format back??? It's like they are talking to children. Pat us on the head and say there, there, it will be ok, and we are supposed to smile and say ok!!! Unfortunately that is not going to happen. Yahoo is not bringing the old format back I finally get it. The UK sill has the old format, but as of 31 March, it will be gone, much like I am already. Went to Protopage and made a new homepage, which looks a lot like the Classic Yahoo, before they destroyed it. Changed my search engine to Google and left Yahoo behind in the dust. So the only thing left to do is decide whether staying is worth it, or it's time to leave! Maybe if everyone leaves, they will finally understand that we are not children, and can decide for ourselves what we want, and it is definitely not the NEW FORMAT they are trying to force down our throats.

Feedback and Knowledge Base