How can we improve Yahoo?

Please bring back the old My Yahoo

Your new "My Yahoo" doesn't even come near to the old "my Yahoo". If it doesn't change back soon I'll be looking else ware for a new homepage that is much more customizable than this.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Hey there,

We appreciate the feedback we’ve receive thus far with regards to the new My Yahoo layout and features.

We’re continually developing new product concepts to bring great experiences to our users. We’d love to hear more feedback about the design changes you’re seeing. Feel free to continue posting here with any additional feedback.

Thanks!

1151 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SERIOUSLY... YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS BETTER?!? My teenage grandson can produce a better home page than this.
    BRING BACK MY OLD MY.YAHOO.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad day for me. my.yahoo has been my home page since the late 90's, but after seeing no meaningful response to all the negative feedback I am finally giving up.

Changed my home page and exported my stock portfolio. I'm gone.

So long, farewell, until we meet again...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    What on earth was wrong with the old My Yahoo.au?

We cant agree with Jeremy more: You Guys Blew it! after 10 years we are finding a new Home page that IS NOT YAHOO

Jeremy posted March 19
    I can honestly say there is not one thing that I like about the "new" layout. The work around for now was to use the canadian version but you are taking that away now too. Why do you want longtime users to leave and find something that is usable. The only group that I can think of that would enjoy the new format would be 14 year old girls and that make up a very small percentage of the population. You have hundreds of pictures for the back ground but only a few layout. You cant tell me that all of your programmers are so incompetent that they cant make a classic layout so that myyahoo could still be useful

Move everything to netvibes.com (copy RSS links) before it's too late. Better (I think) than igoogle.

For a company like Yahoo which has been on the forefront of the internet since its' inception, I'm finding it very hard to believe that the recent changes to formats are just extreme stupidity.
    So please Yahoo, if the government is behind your stupid change decisions with more useless regulations to spy on the American public and gather data, let US know. Use your right to a free press to write articles about what they are doing so we the people can get on the backs of our congress.
    If your decisions are just out of sheer stupidity or greed to get more advertisers? Well then I guess you can just die a slow death as is proper in a capitalistic society.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too need a good stock tracker, which seems to be the hardest module to replace. I'm currently experimenting with igoogleportal (not associated with Google), which has a so-so tracker. The other modules are average at best, with some having hover-over capability, too. Until I find something better, it'll have to do. As I commented earlier in this thread, I think this is why so many of us are red with anger: NOTHING else available comes close to the old My Yahoo for function, appearance and content variety. If anything, the OLD My Yahoo is the "improved" version of the new one.

DT: Thanks for posting the link to the UK version. I was using the Canadian version, but it seems that this will also be shutdown.

I poste in another thread that the best use of this forum might be to share suggestions on using other platforms as a replacement for my.yahoo.com. For me, losing company news was a big hit, not to mention that location services and weather are just wrong, and not settable. Overall, the layout is cumbersome and a big step backward.

I'm looking at protopage, and have started playing with netvibes. I've also moved my yahoo company portfolio over to google, and google does provide some news based on the tickers in your portfolio, but it is not as rich as my yahoo was.

So, it looks like I'll use the UK variant and since that will be shut down as well, this is my final incentive to move on and customize netvibes or one of the others.

How sad to see yahoo go away.

• DT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

http://uk.my.yahoo.com/ still works till March 31, after that its bye-bye My Yahoo (RIP). If anyone finds a good online stock tracking site, please put here in comments

• chuckiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still wondering what gathering feedback means. I find it interesting if I open my.yahoo.com without being logged in the weather has me correctly located in Troy Michigan, once I login my current location becomes just Michigan. WTF? Why does logging in totally ***** up the location?

Oh well, anyway, I've had it. I don't think Yahoo gives a **** about what anyone thinks. I'm logging out for good and moving to either ighome.com or protopage.com. They both look like decent alternatives to the old my.yahoo. It's been fun.

• MEA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree Yahoo has really blown it this time. The new format really is not user friendly, before we could change the font colors and put our own background in. All the print is now in blue.......terrible. I will probably be changing to another one also if they don't to listen to the posts they receive.

This new Format SUCKS - what amateur thought this up - it is a step backwards.
    My portfolios, Weather etc require 3 times the effort to get to the necessary information.
    we should be able to see all portfolios and access and or edit an individual one with just one click not 2 or 3
    BRING BACK MY OLD MY.YAHOO!!!

I can't agree more with all of these comments!! I switched to CA my yahoo figuring the company would come to its senses, but they took it away instead of listening to feedback. I will be leaving yahoo all together. It's a shame since I've stuck with it over lots of changes for MANY years. Looking for a new reader/email account that IS NOT TRYING TO BE GMAIL/force bad ideas on loyal account holders etc. Going to search this comment thread for suggestions.

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've never seen a website go from so good to so bad with no explanation. Yahoo is totally ignoring its customers and seems to want us to leave. Yahoo will be dead in 3 years. Mark my words.

I have been with Yahoo, and MyYahoo since the beginning, but things have changed and like a bad relationship that you unreasonably hold out hope for you come to a point where you need to make a change. I cannot wrap my head around how these changes benefit users in any way. The new format is hard for me to actually enjoy looking at as I spend a few hours a day viewing world news in winter now that I am retired. I went to My Yahoo Canada but they are now taking that away 3/24 so I guess my use of MyYahoo is over. You too may want to take a look at http://www.netvibes.com/. It can be customized and provides a great deal of news, weather, Yahoo e-mail, and world content. I also took the advice from another comment and added Adblock Plus to Google to finally get rid of the obnoxious flashing ads in Yahoo mail - I felt I was going to have a seizure as I scanned the mail in Yahoo. I understand the need for ad revenue and have tolerated it but the Yahoo flashing and jumping ads made me block ads for all unfortunately. I have no confidence that Yahoo is going to respond to the preponderance of negative responses. I hope you find a suitable new web home.

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

did any one notice that Yahoo's stock was the top loser yesterday on NASDAQ? The stock dropped more than 2% , But I am sure they aren't paying attention, just like they are not paying attention to this top ranked feedback that is still gathering feedback even after 1039 comments! By the way Yahoo I am sure enjoying my tournament brackets at ESPN and CBSsports! After 20 years of playing your exclusively and religiously I have joined the millions of others who have left as well. In fact I now only come to YourYahoo to read the feedback and laugh at your ignorance!

OK Yahoo, are you listening? Your new My Yahoo is really horrible. Why don't you listen to your users?

I am truly upset that Yahoo has done whatever it can it seems to alienate most of its users. I can no longer scroll over content to view, I can not delete content, the lay outs are ridiculously too simple and lack functional customization, weather my location is never my location and can not be deleted, and much more as many others have advised you. When it appeared you were turning a deaf ear to us, I went to the canadian version and had my old home page back. BUT, now you are taking that away and forcing everyone to the "new and improved" US myYahoo. OMG! Well, this is the last straw. I do not believe you care any longer and your advertisers will soon notice. Very disappointed in yet another corporate insensitivity to it's customers. Bye Bye.

Feedback and Knowledge Base