How can we improve Yahoo?

You could not leave well enough alone. The old was better by far. At least give us the opportunity to chose if we want to switch.

Go back it was much better.

20th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Hargraft shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here at Yahoo! we are investigating various possibilities in the realm of rooting out management inconsistencies in the delicate time after marginal statistical error becomes a viable decision strategy. At the present time we are stepping back and looking at the big picture while minimum loss of after-tax revenue substantiates my marketing projections. These new changes will establish active directions in the area of mining latent opportunity matrices as a transitional cooling off period before the time_spent to resultant_productivity ratio energizes possibilities for positional advancement.
    My boss buys it so suck on it!
    enthusiastically
    The Yahoo! Team

Here at Yahoo! we are investigating various possibilities in the realm of rooting out management inconsistencies in the delicate time after marginal statistical error becomes a viable decision strategy. At the present time we are stepping back and looking at the big picture while minimum loss of after-tax revenue substantiates my marketing projections. These new changes will establish active directions in the area of mining latent opportunity matrices as a transitional cooling off period before the time_spent to resultant_productivity ratio energizes possibilities for positional advancement.
    My boss buys it so suck on it!
    enthusiastically
    The Yahoo! Team

• maury_midlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that you want us to see the ads, but there must be a better way. If we cannot go back to the old "my.yahoo" I will have to change to something else where I can see the Value totals of my portfolios on my home page.

The New MyYahoo sacrificed lots of good functionality. What did it give in return? A somewhat flashier but useless appearance. And now we have to put up with the large obnoxious ad in the upper right corner. In the old MyYahoo one was able to move it to the bottom. Yahoo evidently buckled under the pressure by the ad people. I agree with every one of the commenters here who hate the new version and want the old one back!

• jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes I totally agree..this is ******** that we cant have the option of keeping what we like and are forced to go to another homepage..

• BJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'm really sorry I switched and am very dissatisfied with the new My Yahoo. To improve My Yahoo, let us have the choice to go back to the old one. Otherwise I will find another homepage.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had my yahoo since my 1st computer back in the 90s. If you're trying to chance it to get the younger crowd, fine. But, gives us older users the choice of staying with the old my yahoo. The kids you have working for you may like it & think it's an up grade. WRONG!!!!

• Brenda Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope you listen to all your dissatisfied customers. We live in a free country and choice matters. Listen to what others are saying about the clumsiness of the new Yahoo. At least, offer a choice of staying with Yahoo with the old page. The way you are railroading your loyal customers is totally inacceptable. We don't use anything else but Yahoo and have been very happy and pleased with the ease of access for many years. Please do not make life more complicated than it is by changing the Yahoo page.

• Brenda Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been long-time users of yahoo.com. We are in our 70's now. We like it the way it is and have becomes used to it. Learning new things is not so easy at this age and we are sure you will lose customers to other websites. We certainly will change if you pursue this change, especially if there is no choice to keep what we have and what we love. Shame on you, Yahoo.

• doris g martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it is my new Dell. but I can't get my yahoo mail or messenger .and I my pasam mad. I KNOW swordwill n, but it. Syahoo ot accept o! frustrating

With the new mail screen I can't see the entire width of a message and the horizontal scroll bar in inside the vertical scroll bar. Composing messages is also awful. Each new paragraph makes the letters a larger type and style. Someone didn't test this new version at all by the looks of it.

• Jack Bentley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would like to have the old Yahoo page back! I used it for years and years and loved it! I guess I will experiment with Google now. I use to be able to get all my bookmarks with out having to change the drop down menu. Can't find or track my favorite sports team no longer. Very Displeased with the new design. My Mail will not load after downloading IE 11.

they deleted articles that I'd saved on My Yahoo for the longest time.Just got rid of them.they have to constantly be screwing around with the site in order to give themselves jobs,I suppose.It's ridiculous how they decide for you what you are going to see and keep,and,what you're not.

• Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using Yahoo as my hope page for years and been happy with it for weather, news and email. The new version is horrible. Yahoo tries to translate my email to another language, spell out all numbers and render the smart typing useless. I live in a suburb of Denver, but can't get Yahoo to save my location as any place in Colorado (currently shows Dallas TX), nor can I view the other locations I have saved in my profile. If this doesn't get corrected soon, then I will have no choice but to drop Yahoo all together.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base