How can we improve Yahoo?

Bring back the old MY Yahoo!

Bring it back. There is no option to show your Yahoo Fantasy Sports. The boxes are larger than My Yahoo so you can not fit as much on the screen. Wasted space.

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Terence shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

190 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a new homepage and only come back to see if the old MyYahoo! is back to replace the new YourYahoo! But it appears they are not listening!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After using Yahoo as my home page for over almost two decades, I'm moving one. This new format is not reponding properly and the layout stinks.

By MyYahoo! It used to be a really great tool, now it sucks! Your Web Designers really messed up.

i too am in fantasy leagues with yahoo and since the layout changed i have to access differently. I get the feeling the changes were made without asking My yahoo users if they wanted a change

I wholeheartedly agree the old way was fine. There was no reason to change. I accidentally did something where my old page was wiped out so now to redo is too onerous. therefore, i will spend much less time on yahoo

our apologies we have come to the realization we should begin the process of exploring maximum throughput analysis as a regenerative move while market saturation leads the pack in market innovation. Here at yahoo we are completely committed to this idea and this strategy. We have realized our role and involvement in the area of facilitating executive social networking as a technique of experiencing quantum holistic change while reasonable resource allocation revolves around a stability point. We are sure you will agree that these changes, while awkward at first will better empower us to serve you our customer.
    enthusiastically, The Yahoo! Team

our apologies we have come to the realization we should begin the process of exploring maximum throughput analysis as a regenerative move while market saturation leads the pack in market innovation. Here at yahoo we are completely committed to this idea and this strategy. We have realized our role and involvement in the area of facilitating executive social networking as a technique of experiencing quantum holistic change while reasonable resource allocation revolves around a stability point. We are sure you will agree that these changes, while awkward at first will better empower us to serve you our customer.
    enthusiastically, The Yahoo! Team

I really liked the old design. Easy to read, find things and adjust the layout. The new version isn’t. This is a classic change. It seems to show the trend toward tablets and phones verses desk/laptop. The newbie development staff (management included) seem to agree with the talking heads that the desktop is on its death bed and they must design for portable devices. What I’ve learned over the past few years is that these negative changes are really an opportunity. We can now look at other options with more of an open mind. My children are so disillusioned with Microsoft products they opted, to my angst, for Macs. I’ve started working more with Linux (after all many phones and tablets are Linux based). I feel empowered. I feel like Microsoft, Yahoo and their like have really done me a favor. I’m no longer loyal to brand and can really choose the best option for me. I do more than surf the internet, listed to music and watch videos. I want meat and potatoes, not the creme filling.

• kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's it...Ive had enough yahoo jerking me around. switching to BING

• CityandBala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone of the themes is butt ugly. Is garish some new trend? The fonts are not adjustable, the fix forgot small - what it calls small is medium so the choices are medium large and XXL. they mad various of the areas considerably less functional such as sports and portfolios. The weather one doesn't seem to know where one is and there doesn't seem to be a way to resize the first choice.
    With all these short comings I'm off on a hunt for a new home page that gives useful information at a glance.

I Hate IT!!!!!! Didn't even click update!!! It just automatically screwed up everything. Please give me the old version of my yahoo and my old home page. The new one sucks and is hard or impossible to set up like the old one. I can't get the same articles or newspapers I had. Can't get the weather I had. All in all, you took away all that I used.There are other homepage competitors out there, so when my frustration gets too much, I will be switching to the competitor, which will probably be soon. I'm sure that I won't be alone!

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The implication of the term, "MY" indicates that the owner has full rights in making an object, thought, or action exactly how they want it. I have not opted into the "New My Yahoo" simply because I'm very happy with the layout, colors, chosen features, etc. that I want. If I remember correctly, it began as a CHOICE to change over to it. However, I will be forced to use the new page as of Jan. 31. IT"S NOT Jan 31 and for a week now, I've only been able to see the "Option". I enjoy using different fonts, colors, the ability to individualize mail, reports, information of any kind and am extremely frustrated that the option is gone. I don't care if I LOOK Modern! I like the way I had individualized MY YAHOO homepage the way I wanted it. I doubt that I will stay with a site that refuses to enforce the term, "MY" just so they can LOOK a certain way and ignore their users.....you know, they people who keep them in business. I'm sorry this has happened, w/ a brain issue, making changes, whether by choice or forced, is extremely hard for me to comprehend new information. I was very comfortable and happy with what I had.

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give me the old version of my yahoo and my old home page. The new one sucks and is hard or impossible to set up like the old one.There are other homepage competitors out there,so when my fustration boils over which will probably be soon,i'll be switching. I'm sure I won't be alone!

I feel really bad for Yahoo. I have used My Yahoo as my home page since at least as far back as 2000. They don't seem to understand what they have that is valuable and what isn't. I am also a former Yahoo! employee. They have/had a great portal and really great features, but recently, many changes such as the My Yahoo page update are a step backwards. Apparently motivated by saving screen real estate, perhaps focusing on mobile devices. Leaving information off to save space isn't a winner. Losing the former My Yahoo modules for financial information and portfolios just reduces the value of the formidable Yahoo Finance section. While many parts of Yahoo may "look dated", its the customization and data that make it useful. Trading graphic design for reduced function and information IS NOT a winning solution.

Instead try to add more features, not take them away. Now, my former home page has the look of an advertising flyer, eye catching, but without the data that made it valuable.

Yahoo really needs to figure out what its mission is. Are you provider of "cool looking" pages for mobile devices, or a leader in portal information and tools? Despite not having the "latest look" Yahoo has been ahead of (and is still way ahead of others, including Google), in providing a useful portal, but you appear to be chipping pieces of it away. As we both know in this business, when your faithful users depart, they usually find something else, and then don't come back.

Restore the missing features for My Yahoo (I really don't care whether its the "new look", or the old, BUT I DO WANT THE FEATURES), before Yahoo! slides farther down the ramp to extinction; please. From a former employee.

• Norma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the format is anything like what is presented---I am not in favor of the change. I want to keep the old format. One thing I would like to know if there is a way to eliminate the right hand side of advertisements. I am not able to click the subject before it reappears.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base