How can we improve Yahoo?

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lestercohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what password should I use for stocks & email. every time I log into my yahoo it asks for a password. my regular password does not work. which password r u looking for?
    on the old myyahoo I signed in one time and every thing worked
    I did not read any comments that were favorable to the new system.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been waiting many months hoping someone sensible at Yahoo would put this feature back (all news connected to stocks in my portfolios). I used to easily spend 1 hr a day on this. Now I go to my yahoo page and dumbly stare at it. I'm not able to follow the 100 companies that I used to follow on a daily basis. Does no one at yahoo do stock investing and monitoring?

• Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over 5652 threads, and all of them negative to how users feel about the new Yahoo. You would think by now they would have realized that the negative comments are not going to stop, and that everyone just wants their old Homepage and Email back. The sad truth is that they are not coming back, because Yahoo will never admit that they made a huge mistake. So although I come back to see if anything has changed, by now I guess I should realize it never will. People we can complain forever, but unless someone is listening, which they are NOT, nothing will ever change. The only change possible is to go to another site for your homepage. Choose from uStart, Protopage, MSN, Google, and I know there are more out there. But since they aren't listening why should any of us continue beating our heads against a brick wall. It's time to move on, because Yahoo certainly has!!!!!!

I cannot for the life of me understand how you can take something that worked perfectly and replace with something as dumb and stupid and unreliable as the New My Yahoo. It is a fathomless mystery. Yikes!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here. getting tired of YAhoo's oops couldn't get your personal info everytime they try to "improve" their portal. Haven't seem my stock portfolio and email show up for days now.

Yahoo finance keeps asking us “Have you upgraded your Yahoo portfolio? You can keep track of all your brokerage accounts, automatically.” Well here is the deal, we don’t trust you with our Brokerage Accounts. Maybe, just maybe if you fix the web site to the previous high standards or better, than maybe we will have a look at linking our broker accounts. Right now you can’t link the title in the home page to My Portfolios and give us an accurate account of how our accounts are doing.

• Dr. J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AGREE 100%. THIS NEW PAGE IS WORTHLESS. YOU HAD A GOOD THING AND THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT. IF IT DOESN'T CHANGE, THERE IS NO REASON TO CONTINUE USING THIS AS MY HOME PAGE.

Why is this taking so long to fix ? I want to see news connected to the stocks in my portfolio like it was in the old MyYahoo, where I could see 3 article headers at a time for each stock. This hovering **** SUCKS -- Let me say it again - IT SUCKS !. When you updated MyYahoo a few years ago you did the same thing and every one complained.. No wonder Google is kicking your ***! Any one know Marissa Mayers emails so we can write her directly

Yesterday I could not spell engineer today I are one. this must be the new engineer on the job saying try it you will like it. NO THANKS

Stop forcing me to the new yahoo.I like the old one just fine every time i try to get on it is blocked by your add to go to the new one !!!

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All news I wanted used to posted at my fingertips on three pages. Now I am seaching all over the place to maybe find same info. This is NOT an improvement.

The most valuable feature of the portfolio tracker is the yellow post-it notes to tell you that there is news pertinent to that stock. Without it you have to check the news feed for each stock, every single day... which adds an extra hour to my daily routine. Your "new" features do not make things easier!

• James Deitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of April 7th, you can hover over the ticker symbol to get news and a chart. I don't know how to "hover" on an iPad so it doesn't help me much.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try ighome.com. Very similiar to myyahoo and is customizable. I also have AT&T Uverse and this ****** format. Also being overpriced is another reason I'm going to leaving them soon. Found me a new home page.

• JSD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the old version. I liked the rotating news stories and stock value daily profit or loss.

These communist bastards won't bring back the old yahoo because this ****** new version tracks your interests so they can fill your home page with adds. yahoo sucks now and will until someone without a nazi idealistic personality takes control and makes their dot head employees fix it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base