How can we improve Yahoo?

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a long time Yahoo user. I am so unhappy with the new format that I have changed my search engine and home page. Bring the old one back.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with the many others that feel the new format is a step backwards. Before making such a change, you should have allowed Beta Testing of changes that were being developed. This way you could eliminate the most undesirable changes before the final release of the new format. This new format does not allow many options to arrange the home screen to our liking.

I want my old page back, I hate the new one. Why do you fix something that is not broke? Before changing things always ask before doing it.

I don't like this new format. Why didn't you just leave it the way it was. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Thanks!!!!!!!!

• Rick Conway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lost over 10 years of data from my stock portfolios. It's ALL GONE!!!!! There also doesn't appear to be any way to add new stocks, or view any new data. Isn't is nice for Yahoo that they don't have any phone numbers and don't have to actually deal with any complaints?

Apparently YAHOO knows better than everyone else and could care less what works for the public. Yahoo did not even give one the opportunity to stay with the "CLASSIC" yahoo that focused on my preferences, my weather, my news. This has been worse than trying to learn where Microsoft hid all the features from one excel version to the next version to the next version. YAHOO would do well to LISTEN to this blog and not just say they posted it.

Obviously someone got a new job and is trying to justify their existence. This format is much less helpful and user friendly than the previous one.

I figured out a work around from this portfolio craziness. I set up a bookmark category called Portfolios with a link to each of my portfolios. I now have a direct link to my portfolio on my front page with one click. It was a work around because they got rid of the direct link from the title of the front page to your portfolio. Now today something new, they have blocked the ability to open bookmarks in a new window. You now have to leave the front page to go to your link. PUT IT BACK

The popup when I hover over my stock symbols is annoying as ****. I hate it. If I want detailed info I would click on it. Bring back the option to go straight to protfolio view when I click on each portfolio. you changed it to collapse and expand which is not the way it was.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no ability to look up stock or bond funds and I've lost the view of NASDAQ and S&P 500. No access to edit my portfolio because the link goes to an invalid web address. Completely arrogant attitude of Yahoo which disregards their customers.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no ability to look up stock or bond funds and I've lost the view of NASDAQ and S&P 500. No access to edit my portfolio because the link goes to an invalid web address. Completely arrogant attitude of Yahoo which disregards their customers.

• Michael Dudikoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another annoying feature is the roll over highlight of stocks...the pop up bubble won't go away when you roll over a stock symbol for a nano second. ***** this...I'm done with Yahoo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base