How can we improve Yahoo?

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this version is awful. The original version showed a lot more info per screen, plus the stock news headlines which I really valued.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version is terrible. There is no update time shown. There is no way up update without reloading the whole myyahoo page. Lost is the hover for chart and news. This is certainly not progress...

• Bev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with these comments, the hover over the asterisk to see news alerts was a great feature. I did try the suggestion to get on the Canadian page, and was glad to see my familiar page back, but the news alerts didn't load. However, it did show my weather where I actually live rather than where my ISP lives, vastly different results. PLEASE bring back the stock news feature.

• chuckiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does the portfolio even update during the day? It seems I have to refresh the page just to see what's going on in the market.

Marissa fire the JO that screwed up what was your biggest draw to myahoo-the prior
    portgolio with all it's functions, particularly the news

I totally agree. I loved the ability to view stock news bubbles. Sayonara yahoo

On the "my finances page" you used to provide the list of headlines tied to all the stocks in all my portfolios. No more. I admit that this could be a lot of headlines, but it was OK to scan to see if I needed to be aware of anything.

I used to tell people that Yahoo finance was one of the better places to do research. Guess that is past tense.

I will not renew my yahoo finance for $131.00. No search tap, no way of having a value in MY PERSONAL PORTFILIO. NO NEED FOR THIS ANYMORE.

Can't believe the lost the hover feature and the news alert icon. Clearly, whoever implemeneted these changes has no investments our just one (Yahoo! stock :) ) Spent a long time building a portfolio hate to see that effort lost, which it will be if I have to go to another site. I will leave unless this fixed pronto.

Please provide a mechanism to return to the old My Yahoo layout. I don't care for a Victoria Principle background or a sky-scraper skyline. My carefully selected vanilla light yellow background was perfect for me. Can't find it in the new look-and-feel.

I find I can hardly read the portfolio section. The old green and red on the background was much more readable.

The portfolio module on the main page used to show portfolio totals and the gain/loss in % and $ terms. This is extremely useful in getting a bird's eye view of the portfolio's performance from the front page itself. I regard this as a significant missing feature on the front page. Please address this.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could understand if the changes were to make the page more flexible or customizable but in this case it is actually a worse layout than before! If Yahoo is going to make a change, make it easier to use by adding optional layouts by the user! I agree... bring back the old layout!!

Can someone recommend a site that actually works? Used to like this one, but it's gone forever I guess

Where are the headlines for stocks in my portfolio? Just because you can change something doesn't mean you should.

I agree!! I've been using this for many years. Fix it fast or I'm moving on.

• na commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google doesn't have to compete for your customers, they can just wait until you ***** this up so badly that we just move over..

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Primary reason for using My Yahoo was the ability to quickly scan top news for stocks in my portfolio. That capability needs to be available or like many others I will move to another home page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base