How can we improve Yahoo?

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with this comment as well as most of the other comments. AT&T made a big mistake going to this new format. It's junk. I'm looking to leave AT&T if they don't restore the previous format.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Bozo that created this must not own stocks. Bring back the news links for the portfolio stocks. You had a good thing and are destroying it. Not a good move yoho

I'm as upset and disgusted as virtually all the other "commenters." Change for the sake of change? No thanks.

I REALIZE THAT THE CHANGES AT&T/YAHOO MADE TO EVERYONE'S HOME PAGE WAS ABOUT PROFIT. I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU'LL PROFIT WHEN EVERYONE LEAVES THIS SINKING SHIP?

HOW TO MAKE NEW MY YAHOO BETTER - CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Okay, the changeover to the New My Yahoo has happened and it's not going back to the Classic. So - what steps can Yahoo take to make the new experience better?

1) Offer more themes (dump Joe Buck), including a retro-classic look.

2) Let consumers choose font color.

3) Give us a choice on layout that allows 3 columns set up as: narrow - wide - narrow.

4) Reduce the size of some of the modules. Weather takes up way too much space (mainly because the fonts are too large), and there is a lot of wasted space on Stocks.

5) Fix Weather module so that Auto Detect Location can be turned off. Right now the lead location is "Montana," which is fine because I live in MT. But this is the 4th largest state in the U.S., so an average weather report for the entire state has nothing to so with my region in the Northwest. As I write there is a 10-degree difference between "Montana" and "Kalispell."

I'm really glad you decided to put "hover over headlines" back. Great feature.

So, we're stuck with this new design. Let's all try to make it better. Deal?

I hate the new format. Bring back the old one. Why didn't we get a vote in the matter?

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bring back individual stock news feed. Don't like new format and looking for another site.

Hate this new format. Was able to customize my old homepage. Can't customize anything on the new one. I'm searching for a new homepage and will switch ASAP.

Terrible!! My "go to" page is gone with a bunch of twirling stuff- bring back the old one until you get the new one under control- will be looking for a new homepage today...sadly- My email is still Prodigy- does that tell you how long I have been here??!!

HATE the new format! Long time user - I'm going to look at MSN or Google to replace MyYahoo. Portfolio is no good, weather no good, headlines no good ...... : (

I agree, if better means less, you have achieved success. Bring the old Yahoo back before it's too late.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No fantasy sports option and always knowing what the weather in Sunnyvale are not bonuses of the new Your Yahoo....I wan My Yahoo back.

where is my portfolio news? I really wish you would stop 'improving' the website by deleting functionality.

• Ron Finch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not care about sports! OK, you changed it. Please give me an easy way to set up my home page the way I want, or I will go somewhere else.
    signed, one of a thousand users who did not take the time to e-mail you.

PS. I must agree to terms of service to post this note, but you do not tell me what they are?
    You will go DOWN!

Feedback and Knowledge Base