How can we improve Yahoo?

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version.

I lost all of the news connected to the stocks in my portfolio. How is this new format better. Hate it. Bring back the old version or enable news connecting to this again.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

411 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Larry Wallerstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My portfolio regularly doesn't come up. "S.yimg.com" often shown at page bottom as source but it doesn't get the info to me. Whether this is new format or something else, if you don't fix this stuff soon, I will consider leaving Yahoo despite years of use and all the work that will entail for me. It's incredibly frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lost all my news as well, it is horrible. It does not even list the line items in individual portfolios,
    also looks of the new yahoo page is so unprofessional.

I, too miss the small yellow note tags to indicate there is news to a particular stock. Without them there is no use in using Yahoo's portfolio tracker, and therefor their homepage. I have complained many times about this but it appears Yahoo will not return the service. So, I will go elsewhere.

My complaints on the new less efficient Yahoo.

1.) Can no longer delete emails from MyYahoo screen. Was this to force us to go to Mail to view the ads?

2.)Lost the summary when you would hover over / on news articles. Was this to force us to go to News to view the ads?

3.) Lost the additional info or latest news when you would hover over / on stocks. Was this to force us to go to Finance to view the ads?

My last question. Was all of this done to force us to go to a different homepage? Even my 16-yr old son commented on how my home page was awful.

• HAROLD THOMPSON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE THE NEW FORMAT. MY PORTFOLIOS ARE NOTHING LIKE THEY USED T O BE .USED TO BE ABLE TO LOOK UP A STOCK PRICE AND INCORPORATE IT DIRECTLY INTO MY PORTFOLIO'S. NOT NOW ALSO NO NEWS.THE NEW FORMAT JUST STINKS AND IT IS FORCING ME TO ABANDON YAHOO FOR GOOGLE.

• Bicyclist1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am out too. I just can find any useful value, let alone usefulness in the dumber myyahoo. I'll check out protopage. So, after 15 years, it is time to move one. Goodbye Yahoo!

It's clear that Yahoo is not offering any help, or even commenting about loss of service and functionality with the new my yahoo. I'm glad to see that the topic is now turning to alternatives. More than ever, it seems like it is time to move on. Thank you for the uStart and protopage suggestions. I also started tinkering with finance.google.com, and found that by moving my portfolio from yahoo to google, I can now get both an overall market news outlook, as well as news based on my portfolio. Frankly, not as good as what yahoo used to offer, but lets face it, it is time to move on. My yahoo doesn't offer the company news anymore, it gives me weather for cities that I'm not interested in, and has removed other functions and flexibility that made it a useful site.

Let's work together to find alternatives to the my yahoo and yahoo mail.

• Pete Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too tried Protopage and liked it, but then tinkered with uStart.org and now use uStart as homepage. uStart looks even more like the old classic MyYahoo. Can even access and see new email headers in mail module, even yahoo email which I still use. Hover mouse over module headlines and get small popup thumbnail just like classic MyYahoo. UStart.org rules!

I'm switching to Protopage. I've got it to look mostly like my Classic My Yahoo, even down to the colors.
    The headline hover feature now removed from the New Cruddy My Yahoo, is available on Protopage.
    They do not offer a widget for the New York Times Dining & Wine section, but I discovered I could grab the URL from the Times site and import it into Proto - that was a nice surprise.
    I also modified the weather to add a proper looking Accuweather module by going to Accuweather Apps and copying the HTML for a better widget and pasted that into a "User Added Widget.
    So I'm ready to motor away from Yahoo into a Brave New World.

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new Format SUCKS - what amateur thought this up - it is a step backwards.
    My portfolios, Weather etc require 3 times the effort to get to the necessary information.
    we should be able to see all portfolios and access an individual one with just one click not 2 or 3
    BRING BACK MY OLD MY.YAHOO!!!

I have to agree. I put off changing to this new format until I was forced into it. Hate it! I want my stock news on the front page with my stock quotes! I will not likely continue using this page. I'll have to rely on Twitter for stock news now I guess.

Not a good change Yahoo!

How is this an improvement. Forced to keep items on the desktop that I have no interest in seeing.
    (can not turn off or delete)
    First impression ..... not impressed!

WARNING WARNING I just got a message on the top of my paid AT&T Yahoo site that they are changing as of March 31, 2014. I pay $133 per year for the privilege of having Yahoo email and the dynamic stock portfolio front page that all of you used to enjoy. I thought since I paid they would keep the portfolio the way it was. But no, if they change and get rid of the front page portfolio format I will cancel my subscription. Are you listening Yahoo.

Why are you still messing with My Yahoo. Everything is in different spots from where it was yesterday! If I just knew something else to make my home page.

Hi, not my first post. My name is Michael Mulligan, and I have used My Yahoo longer than I can remember. Used the portal to get to my Yahoo finances, to search the net, for news, sports, weather, and even the occasional ad click-thru. In the past I've yelled at you; this late in the game I'm just sad. I'm sorry to see you go away, but no choice except to go somewhere else when you for some reason deliberately turn your product to junk, and refuse to listen to us or comment back. I will keep you around every day until the 24th, after which I will see you no more. Again, say hi to Netscape when you run across it in the afterlife.

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

did any one notice that Yahoo's stock was the top loser yesterday on NASDAQ? The stock dropped more than 2% , But I am sure they aren't paying attention, just like they are not paying attention to this top ranked feedback that is still gathering feedback even after 1039 comments! By the way Yahoo I am sure enjoying my tournament brackets at ESPN and CBSsports! After 20 years of playing your exclusively and religiously I have joined the millions of others who have left as well. In fact I now only come to YourYahoo to read the feedback and laugh at your ignorance!

Feedback and Knowledge Base