How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Dan. They are going in and deleting out threads with HUGE volumes of comments concerning the old homepage and how everyone hates this one.I was with Yahoo for over 17 years and I loved my homepage, but like Dan says below they are not listening and they don't care, so people it's time to leave them behind like they did us. There are other sites out there to include Protopage, MSN, Google, uStart, Hotmail, and many more. I left over a month ago and have a new homepage and I really like a lot. And an awesome feature!! My weather is now located where I live not in Sunnyvale, California. Also there is a website within Petition.org where you sign a petition to bring the old homepage back. I doubt it will work but it's worth a try. Here is the site: http://www.change.org/petitions/yahoo-give-my-yahoo-users-the-option-of-using-either-the-old-or-the-new-formats-instead-of-only-offering-the-new-format But what you really need to do is LEAVE so they get no money for their advertising. Who know if there advertising stops maybe then they will listen, but by then it may be too late.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well looks like Yahoo is at it again. This #1 used to have nearly 1100 comments posted. Now only showing little over 200. They are going to stick with this abomination so you don't like it you might as well find something else. I have and now I don't miss it at all. I was a Yahoo user for ten years or more but not any more. I just come back occasionly to see the comments. It's obvious they are not listening and think if they stall long enough people will stop complaining and just accept it. I've switched to ighome and couldn't be happier. Yahoo bury your head in the sand pretend you know what's best for your users. I'm not a tablet user and this format stinks for laptops and desktops.

• Rhonda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just for giggles, I did as he asked and guess what....my location IS current and set for my hometown BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. My weather still only shows "general" Illinois and since the changeover, my "local" news is always Chicago area stories. Which is almost 5 hours away from me! Before this lovely, unwanted conversion, at least my weather was for my hometown and local news was the St. Louis MetroEast area, WHERE I AM! And it's been over 2 weeks now and no fixes for this. Epic FAIL Yahoo.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot for the life of me understand how you can take something that worked perfectly and replace with something as dumb and stupid and unreliable as the New My Yahoo. It is a fathomless mystery. Yikes!

At first my location was 30 miles wrong North. Now it is 60 miles wrong South. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

• K S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin, your reply does not help at all. I am unimpressed with yahoo breaking something that did not need to be fixed and then instead of fixing the problem sending us to another support team for help. Now I am unable to open my mail from the myYahoo page. Apparently you do not want any users left.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to the "Product Support (Admin, Yahoo)" response - are you kidding/??? Please, you KNOW the "answers" at Yahoo Answers don't help becaus you know that the real problem is that Yahoo decided to set our locations for us via the location of our ISP provider. THAT is the problem, and THAT is what we want you to fix. The problem is not that we don't know how to click "detect," it is not that we have set the wrong language (really??? come on), it is not that we are not trying to set our TEMPORARY locations correctly. You know perfectly well that our ISP providers can be hundreds or even thousands of miles away, and you know perfectly well that WE can't change that. We used to be able to just set our location ourselves. For reasons unexplained, Yahoo no longer allows users to do that. Until you change that and allow us to set our location ourselves, this problem will never be fixed. So, the real question is why is Yahoo so defiantly refusing to just give us back the very simple "set your location" option? It's been over 4 months since your users started complaining about this - what is the issue?

• John Lenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. My new page sucks! News articles freeze and then locks my computer. Incredibly slow reminds me of dial-up! Takes several minutes just to change pages! I have lost out pn auctions because the reload time is extordinary or not at all. What a mess!

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found a new home page, but checked back to see if there was any change to the MESS that the Yahoo page has become. Imagine my surprise to find that not only has it not improved, it's WORSE!!! Remember the "New Coke"????

I love the response from "Product Support (Admin, Yahoo). It just proves how completely clueless Yahoo is about customer service. Do you think we should explain to them that their ad revenue depends on how many users will actually see the ads?

• Russ Cottrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why when yahoo responds they act like the person is the only one in the universe with this issue? Hint YAHOO if the person has the third highest rating from OTHER users you can bet that your simplton plat answer from a customer support cheat sheet is not THE CORRECT solution and THOUSANDS IF NOT more have this problem, when given simplton answers written for a computer neophite those of us looking for a real solution (and we wouldnt contact you for a simple little setting adjustment) are for the most part offended you think so low of us and then get ****** at Yahoo because with thousands of users having real issues with your "services" you never seem to give a real answer or make corrections, dont talk down to us, some (most) of us are quite computer savy, Dont ask for our comments or suggestions or concerns if you dont intend to do anything about the issues, if you would admit it when there is a true issue, listen, and react positively to the users and your customers you would be a giant in the buisness, as it is I do not expect Yahoo to be in buisness in the next 3 to 5 yrs if not sooner.

• Janet Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey product Support guy/gal, are you joking with your comment? you must be because you clearly have not used the product. There is no way to set your location as default and I have tried and tried and tried. Simply refreshing the page sends my location to anywhere USA other than where I am (and my information says I am).

It is getting close to time to move to another provider I think if you cant fix even the basic items

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey - Admin, Yahoo
    Answers - My Yahoo - DOES NOT have an answer to this problem!
    All it gives is the way to "set" it. Problem is that the city 100's of miles away is NOT selectable as an option to delete.

• Larry Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with most of the reviews. We should have had a choice to keep what we had-more accurate, weather wise and I miss the seasonal themes. Over half of what's offered has no appeal to me. Bring back what you had!!!!

The "new" My Yahoo is terrible - flawed with bugs and usability issues. Your Quality Assurance manager should be fired!! Bring back Classic.

• Beverly D. Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know you gave fair warning that the home page would change on 3/31. However you did not and should have had an opt-out option. I've had the same theme and layout for over ten years. Granted you can change on your laptop, PC, etc. I'll give you that. However, I use my Iuse my Ipad about 95% of the time and only use my laptop when I print. You've now made it impossible to change themes on the home page on IOS devices without jail breaking which I don't believe in. PLEASE give us this option. I for one don't like anything being forced upon me. Just because Yahoo thinks it is better, let the end user, the consumer decide. We are the ones that made you wealthy. Bottom line all I want us the option and you've taken that right away. Think you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base