How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But on the bright side, I now know what the current temp is for Sunnyvale California. I live in Georgia, but my curiosity about the weather in Sunnyvale California has now been addressed. How did you possibly know that I even wondered about this?

This new page should be put where the sun doesn't shines and the grass doesn't grow and there smell all the time.

There is nothing about this new format that I like. I am particularly annoyed by the weather function .... I do NOT live in Sunnyvale, CA, and do not want to see the weather there. Why you thought this page needed revision is beyond me.

I can't get my local news or weather to "stick" either. I have to change it every time I refresh my page. I don't like the new layout either. It was much cleaner and user-friendly before. I agree with all the other folks who ask you to bring back the old version. This one is awful!

New My Yahoo page is terrible. Can't get my local news or weather to stay. Very disgusted with this new change.

• DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone at Yahoo listen? This new version SUCKS!! bring back the old version

I agree with what others have said about the weather. It wants to show me weather in Sunnyvale CA. I've tried switching it to where I live, but when I check back, it says Sunnyvale again. Also, you can't delete it. Epic Fail yahoo.

Sorry but this new design really sucks. Keeps changing my weather location, can't move blocks where I want them and more. Please bring back the old my yahoo

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTE FAIL - WHO WAS THE IDIOT THAT MADE THIS DECISION.
    I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio or be able to edit it or see the performance. the old home page - one click
    Better news modules and we could change it all to suit.
    BRING BACK MY "OLD" YAHOO.

I live in TEXAS not Oklahoma. The page goes back to Okla.no matter what I do, ie: check mail ,read an article, etc ,etc

NOT WORTH THE HASSEL ANY MORE

• Angela Vinther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keeps putting me in a city 100 miles away. I use my iPad for weather now. Only keeping Yahoo because I don't want to change my e-mail address

I agree with you about the new Yahoo. It is NOT working properly..i've tried at least 8 times to change my weather locations,(following your directions) and it keeps coming back to Sunnyvale....I DO NOT LIVE in SUNNYVALE....the news does NOT refresh often enough... this is NOT an improvement...keep the old version and quite trying to change something that is NOT broken...youre as bad as the governnment.!!!!!

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Put it back the way it was!!! Can't get my local new to stay; I'm in Florida, want Colorado news and it keeps insisting I'm in California! WTF????

Used to be able to select the local newspaper. Don't mind the addition of local tv stations but not liking the news from 100 miles away. Can't seem to set my location properly or have it remember where I am from day to day. Will likely go back to reading the newsprint as this change defeats the purpose of having local news displayed.

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone. Have used my yahoo for years quite happily. Now the fonts are too large, the boxes too large, new content is WAY harder to find and the Weather......don't start on me about the weather and why it is telling me that my current location is hundreds of miles away from where I actually live. Why mess with something that was working fine? It seems far more limited than before.

• Robin Chamberlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all posts. this version is horrible. I cannot get the weather to stick. It changes daily. the page is clunky and it is not pleasant to the eye at all. it takes a long time to find any information i am looking for! I definitely do NOT like this new format and don't appreciate the change.

We sorely miss not being able to see the totals for our portfolio. We can see it on the Yahoo Finance page that displays our portfolio, but not on the My Yahoo page --why not?

Feedback and Knowledge Base