How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google homepage is looking better and better...hate the new yahoo. Bring back the flexiblity we used to have and some control over our "default" location.

too bad, so bad. i have used yahoo for my home page since my first computer, this is annoying to say the least, not many of us want the weather in sunnyvale ca. all the comments are right on. maybe google will have a better home page.

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree,, only the weather thing still happened with the old one.. Never could get the default to stay.

Agree with all, cannot get my local new or weather, who wants information 200 miles away, I want my local newspaper new...not Chicago...or Fox, I hate the themes, I had my page set the way I wanted it for years now...and now this sh**....I think will set up something different and not use you YAHOO.

• Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else and find Weather particularly annoying! The default location is absurd and NOWHERE can I get a clear listing of my favorite locations -- locations of people scattered around the USA and world that I deal with on a regular basis. This new format is stupid, ugly and NOT user friendly!!!!!

******* terrible.... What happened to my yahoo. from greatness to total clucter ****. WOW

Couldn't agree more 15+yr user Local news -- impossible Local weather --- totally frustrating How do you people expect to retain loyal users with **** like this ??? It is NO WONDER Yahoo is going down the drain ---- NO WONDER AT ALL !!!!

• Lea4h commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree about the weather. I've tried at least 20 times to get my weather to stay on what "I" want, but it keeps reverting back to "Tennessee". No town, just "Tennessee". I don't even LIVE IN TN! Granted, I am literally on the state line of TN, but I live in VA. I keep changing it to what I want, but every time I come back to my.yahoo which is my home page, it has changed back to "Tennessee". Geez! When will yahoo wise up and get rid of Marissa Mayer and put things back the way they were, ....You know, back when they FUNCTIONED????

• Krista Kimba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame after using this page successfully for 12+ years.....but we have to move on. I personally like Protopage..but am testing it out that I can get the same feeds in. So far customization is incredibly easy, fast and responsive. NO WHITE BACKGROUNDS if you don't want that forced white background look on Protopage!!!!

Here are some alternative dashboard sites.

http://www.protopage.com
    http://youstart.org
    http://www.netvibes.com
    http://feeds.qsensei.com/

• TB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My local news is not local anymore. Cities 100's of miles away, while in the same state, are not local!

Same here. Local news and weather default to "Sunnyvale, CA." Gee - why would that be?!? No way to save my local settings. Stock ticker is gone, so I can't see the market performance at a glance. Just not well thought out...

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base