How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too can not get the weather set to my home town. Resets to the state, which does not help me. May change home page to one that I can use. Sports teams are not the ones I choose, maybe gets 1 out of 4 correct. Can't easily click on a stock that I want info on, now when I hoover the mouse of the portfolio section a huge box pops up on the wrong stock giving me info I don't want, pain in the neck....Terrible format....Bad upgrade.....

Long time user of My Yahoo. Really dislike the new interface! It seems like a step backward from the previous version. Was there a poll to see if users wanted a change or what changes they might want? Or is this usual newer is better as suggested by IT personnel? I now have to click more times within bookmarks and my portfolio to reach what was much simpler to do in the past. My folders in bookmarks are no longer in alphabetical order and I can't leave those folders open that I access more frequently. I also no longer get Yahoo crosswords since this change - are they related? Yahoo mail has not worked since the last change there from Classic mail - no italics, bold, emoticons, underlining, etc. for use in my e-mails. Really can't see positives to this new change. Would really be nice to see some feedback on this and a return to the previous version. I would guess that the comments you receive are only a small fraction of the people who are really dissatisfied but don't bother to respond. Please fix this!

in an attempt to chng my loc in weather module I moved the module, now can't move back. Plus my loc is still wrong. Maddening. In addition, when I hover cursor over one of my stocks the pop up is actually tucked under that stupid, stupid ad at top of page. CRAZY maddening. For the love of you know who give us the option of using the old format

• Everett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too can not get the weather set to my home town. Resets to the state, which does not help me. May change home page to one that I can use.

Every time I go to the new homepage I have a different weather location, mostly of non-existent places. Where the **** is Huffaker, Nevada? McKinley Park, Nevada? I just want weather for Reno, Nevada.

And for those who say it's free to use Yahoo, NO! I pay for AT&T and they stupidly partnered with Yahoo.

I don't live in Sunnyvale CA. I've tried changing it over and over. It keeps coming back. It is on the other side of the United States from me, I don't care about their weather or news.

I like my old page better my.yahoo.com. Iwant it back. This is a terribel site. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix Weather module so that Auto Detect Location can be turned off. Right now the lead location is another state 600 miles away which is where our corporate headquarters is located. I don't care what their weather is going to be......

HOW TO MAKE NEW MY YAHOO BETTER - CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Okay, the changeover to the New My Yahoo has happened and it's not going back to the Classic. So - what steps can Yahoo take to make the new experience better?

1) Offer more themes (dump Joe Buck), including a retro-classic look.

2) Let consumers choose font color.

3) Give us a choice on layout that allows 3 columns set up as: narrow - wide - narrow.

4) Reduce the size of some of the modules. Weather takes up way too much space (mainly because the fonts are too large), and there is a lot of wasted space on Stocks.

5) Fix Weather module so that Auto Detect Location can be turned off. Right now the lead location is "Montana," which is fine because I live in MT. But this is the 4th largest state in the U.S., so an average weather report for the entire state has nothing to so with my region in the Northwest. As I write there is a 10-degree difference between "Montana" and "Kalispell."

I'm really glad you decided to put "hover over headlines" back. Great feature.

So, we're stuck with this new design. Let's all try to make it better. Deal?

• gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sucks, very bad choice yahoo. Please at least give us a choice !
    I will have to find another homepage much to my regret, I understand its free to us but you have ruined it

I have to admit that even my old page didn't stick with my choice of locations for things like weather, movie theatre, etc. But this one is worse. And I can't delete a weather report on my page that I no longer want/need. It's crazy and annoying. I don't understand the administrator answer about your feedback. It doesn't solve anything by following those suggestions.

even the advice from the product support yahoo (pun intended) will not accurately reflect your location. And there was NO WAY to modify it to be accurate, so all of the alerts I get will be for the WRONG town and leave myself and family without timely knowledge.

• Elayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate this new design. Want to go back to my old page!! From what I have read I am not alone

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I hate the new My Yahoo. Why did you drop the Fantasy Sports content? It was the only reason I used my yahoo on my phone. I won't use it on my phone until it is added back. I am also sick of setting my phone to my current location only to have it bounce back to Sunnyvale. Seeing my desktop on my phone is another option I miss.

Feedback and Knowledge Base