How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also cannot get the correct weather location set! I DO NOT understand the logic of making something WORSE and calling it an improvement. Almost like obamacare, a complete and total mess! I will begin shopping for another service soon.

• Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old My Yahoo page was perfect. The new one is horrible. Why make a change for the worse?

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep checking to see if anything has improved; it hasn't! In fact, it's getting WORSE!!! The tweaks they're added have made it even less functional, if that' possible! I no longer use My Yahoo has a default home page and won't EVER unless it goes back to the attractive, useful way it was! >:-(

• Lynn Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like that you FORCED me to change the home page I had because YOU wanted it. I was very happy. This is a mess. I rearrange the page and every time I go back to it the page has reverted to the original layout. I want my old page back!

• Fed up commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with 'Very disappointed'. I get weather from a different location every time I open My Yahoo page, although it says my location correctly. Same thing with the local news, which is usually from a location hundreds of miles away, even though it shows my location. This is the most useless homepage I've ever had. Add the fact that my 'high speed' DSL is always less than 1Mbps in speed, which is slower than my old dial-up was. I can't watch a 4 minute YouTube video without it regenerating 4 or 5 times. And my mail page keeps saying Internet Explorer blocked content with certificate errors. About time to start looking for a new internet provider.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new My Yahoo is seriously flawed, amateurish, virtually no ability to customize (some of the themes are downright stupid and are an affront to good taste and usability - Joe Buck? One of Marrissa's favorites?). Site is now pretty much worthless.

I've set up Protopage and uStart pages and will flip back and forth between them until I decide to settle on one. Not quite as good as my Classic My Yahoo, but leagues ahead of the new Yahoo version.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beyond bad advice, admin. How about wrong advice, just like wrong decision to change a personally set up page.

Admin, you're is a contraction for you are, I believe you meant your.

My settings are correct, your new interface sucks. I hope this is an April Fools joke, if not my new homepage will be Bing...

Hey Admin:
    You cannot set default location in Yahoo account settings. All you get is a link to "detect my location" which we know does not work.

I prefer classic yahoo. I can't get my messages because the page is frozen. This is awful. I hate it. Please, let me get the classic back

• chuckiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100 miles away would be GREAT! I'm in Michigan but it shows my current location as Sunnyvale, CA

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried the "Fix" recommended by Yahoo? Like the rest of the page, it does not work. All my information is correct and it still thinks my location is about 400 miles away, and it still has no idea what time zone I live in. Upgrade :( is a total failure..

This is ridiculous and getting moreso every day. One day my weather is California and the next somewhere else. Right now it is Bellevue - which is nowhere close to where I live. I liked the old format - I could get my local news - still not able to get the local newspaper news under local - my local weather and I could list the sites I used more often alone the left hand side of the homepage. This new format is a waste. More cumbersome and useless.

you've changed the font so small I can barely read anything anymore. What gives?

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using the Canadian My Yahoo site...until it was completely dropped. So I have found a new site for a home pate. Still, it's not what I had with the OLD My Yahoo!! I miss it. It says it's "under review" but I don't believe they have any intentions of changing it back! I sure won't be buying any Yahoo stock!!!!

iT HAS BEEN IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A 'CONTACT YAHOO'
    I WANT MY OLD PAGE BACK AND MOST FRUSTRATING, I CAN'T KEEP 'MY" WEATHER LOCATION IT KEEPS JUMPING TO ANOTHER SC LOCATION.
    GIVE ME BACK MY SEDATE OLD MY YAHOO PAGE. I MISS IT

• CV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am so disappointed with the new format and it looks like I will also be changing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base