How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the new Yahoo sucks!! And I also will be changing my homepage very shortly, but wanted to let you all know if you go to uk.my.yahoo.com, your old homepage will come up. Unfortunately it is short lived since the UK is being switched over on March 31.

I have been with My Yahoo for almost 20 years, and being forced to switch without the option to keep my old home page really has me hot. If someone wishes to switch, fine, let them, but for those of us who liked the page we had, to be told we have to switch really stinks, and I will not be forced to keep something I do not want. So on March 31, after almost 20 years I will be switching to Protopage. The only way they are going to listen is to really leave! Maybe after we all leave this sinking ship, they might have the brains to realize all they had to do was give us the option, leave the plug in the ship or pull it. They gave us neither. Good Bye Yahoo.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm switching to Protopage. I've got it to look mostly like my Classic My Yahoo, even down to the colors.
    The headline hover feature now removed from the New Cruddy My Yahoo, is available on Protopage.
    They do not offer a widget for the New York Times Dining & Wine section, but I discovered I could grab the URL from the Times site and import it into Proto - that was a nice surprise.
    I also modified the weather to add a proper looking Accuweather module by going to Accuweather Apps and copying the HTML for a better widget and pasted that into a "User Added Widget.
    So I'm ready to motor away from Yahoo into a Brave New World.

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new Format SUCKS - what amateur thought this up - it is a step backwards.
    My portfolios, Weather etc require 3 times the effort to get to the necessary information.
    we should be able to see all portfolios and access an individual one with just one click not 2 or 3
    BRING BACK MY OLD MY.YAHOO!!!

• MA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had My Yahoo as my homepage for 18 years. I really looked forward to it, I was a loyal Yahoo SE user too..but the new design is really bad. I am not going to try to make it work anymore, I am going to set up a different page with another browser. What you should have done is make new theme/design/background options, not wreck the UI with features people didn't want.

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horrible new format What in the **** where you guys thinking? which amateur intern did you allow to sell this idea? bring back the old format.

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JEEZ, Admin, can't you even spell correctly??? It's "your", not "you're"! No wonder this site is such a mess!!!

We should all contact MSNBC about the new layout and the lack of response and how users are leaving yahoo. This way they can report it on one of their business shows and warn stock holders about the future of yahoo's customer base. I used yahoo for the past 10 plus year and this is only the 2nd or 3rd time I've been back to yahoo in the past month (all of the time were to see if anyone is listening here). I deleted all links to yahoo off of my computer, phone, and tablet to avoid accidental clicks. Everyone needs to leave and then maybe they'll listen then, Only come back to read the feedback and nothing else. Don't let them make any money off of your browsing.

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

today was my first visit in a week after I left my.yahoo.com. My life is better without my.yahoo.com.
    Keep up the bad work yahoo!, I am getting my life back.

• Sherrie LaMont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My location changes constantly. It has a town where I don't live, with my zip code where I do live. What's with that?

• JoAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weather current location: I am also 300 miles away from current location in city I have never been to. Follow directions to fix current location and without signing out of my browser it returns me to incorrect city! Ridiculous.

Hello...is this thing on?

Are they not listening at all?

I'm in LA today. Very helpful if I was actually 2000 miles from where Yahoo tells me I am.

Im having the same problem as everyone else. cant get my local weather and news. you have my location wrong....even wrong state. You wont let me get to my
    account setting so I can make sure the location is right. I'm really disliking "YOUR NEW Yahoo. Please give us the option of having our old "MY YAHOO" back.
    Listen to us and fix the problem. PLEASE

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks you Yahoos! I got my daily news update and weather for Sunnydale! Too bad i'm in Ohio..keep up the good work giving us what YOU want not what WE want and you will soon be a footnote in history!

I wonder whether anyone at Yahoo really cares? I wonder if there is one person who likes the new forced format?

• Txgal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even when location and ip address IS correct the 'local' news changes every time I return to the page to somewhere hundreds or thousands of miles away! Yahoo is OBVIOUSLY NOT reviewing ANY of these comments and is certainly NOT paying attention to them. The whole thing is paying homage to the programmers who think they know better than the users what the users like. APPARENTLY the programmers do NOT use My Yahoo as THEIR home page. Typical.

See above UNDER REVIEW - I went to the YAHOO ANSWERS - MY YAHOO and there were NO ANSWERS to speak of. Community Support Team? Forget about it. And the Yahoo Admin guy must have failed basic English. With all due respect, he meant to say "your," not "you're" (a contraction of "you are"). So typical of Yahoo.

This should be real easy. Give us a checkbox in front of our favorite locations labeled "Default". If a favorite is not checked, the app can use ip address to find current location. If a favorite is checked it will default weather and news to that location. I believe most of the frustration is being caused by ISP's that are not in the city where people reside.

I agree not liking new page at all and can't even get my location in weather portion.

Want to EMAIL your complaints to Yahoo HQ in Silicon Valley? Send them here:

media@yahoo-inc.com

Try setting the topic line with: Press Query

This is address us their news/press department, but at least someone inside Yahoo will see your message.

Spread the word.

Feedback and Knowledge Base