How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

found the help link on Sunday. Today is Thursday. They say they will respond in eight hours. By my calculation eight hours has long since gone by! Just another sign that Yahoo doesn't give a **** that they have the worst customer service in the history of internet!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE are not dumba**es. We know where we are, your sight just does not work. Take ca away...we will not have any reason to stay.

• GOFUCKYOURSELVES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They must have seen a huge influx of people using the Canadian site when they screwed over the US site. Do they think a bunch of Canadians just got the internet or something? Its not that, its all of us going there to get the product we want. And now on March 24th you are going to take that option away too? I hope you all get AIDS.

• GOFUCKYOURSELVES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There were 100s of other home pages that came and went while we all sticked with Yahoo. What ******* idiot thought it would be a good idea to change something that we obviously were happy with. If we wanted some new layout, we would have gone somewhere else you dimwits.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like your new page. Please go back to the old page which was perfect for me.

• R.M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Q1: Does anyone know Marissa Mayer's email address?

Q2: Is there any evidence that anyone from Yahoo actually reads any of our comments?

My sense is that Marissa Mayer and the rest of Yahoo don't care what the loyal users of myYahoo think about the "new [bad]" myYahoo.

Yahoo doesn't even have the decency to respond to their users that are complaining.

It really is time to leave the site because they don't really seem to care.

CANADA MY YAHOO (our old favorite Classic page) is being discontinued by 3/24. The end is nigh! If you want to save the Classic My Yahoo now is the time to let Yahoo know - in droves and droves and droves. Seriously. Do not wait. Let your voice be heard now!

Idiots! If your weather is correct, why would you need assistance? "Hey guys"? Really?
    I AM NOT IN SUNNYVALE! The setting don't change. For "Local" headlines, the city is correct BUT THE HEADLINES ARE FROM CALIFORNIA! I live in Michigan.

Yahoo....WAKE UP! You need to listen, nothing will stay and this whole thing has to be the worst thing you have ever done! Listen to your users before you lose all of us! There is not one person I have spoke with that appreciates your non response. I think it is called customer service!

While they continue to act stupid because they don't want to admit they have a very flawed new YourYahoo! and they don't know how to admit it and save face I have found the following solution which I am posting in as many feedbacks as I can:

Yahoo doesn't know how to fix their own problems, hence the always gathering feedback and under review they do without ever responding. They don't want to give the reason solution. I finally after much experimenting found out what one has to do and it is not pleasant. If you want to change any of your settings you have to totally remove that module. For example, I could not get my teams to update. So I totally deleted all my tabs. I then had to re add the scorebook tab. When I did so my changes finally were saved!!! I know it is a real pain to have to delete the tab in order to add or remove content, but unfortunately Yahoo does not want to listen or fix the problem so this is the only way. I will NOT do this every time so I will just leave me content at the bare minimum and use another site for all my news weather and sports. It is just not worth the hassle!

Yahoo doesn't know how to fix their own problems, hence the always gathering feedback and under review they do without ever responding. They don't want to give the reason solution. I finally after much experimenting found out what one has to do and it is not pleasant. If you want to change any of your settings you have to totally remove that module. For example, I could not get my teams to update. So I totally deleted all my tabs. I then had to re add the scorebook tab. When I did so my changes finally were saved!!! I know it is a real pain to have to delete the tab in order to add or remove content, but unfortunately Yahoo does not want to listen or fix the problem so this is the only way. I will NOT do this every time so I will just leave me content at the bare minimum and use another site for all my news weather and sports. It is just not worth the hassle!

Yahoo continues to do nothing but review. They refuse to accept that they have a fatally flawed website with tons on issues! I have been trying for weeks to see my teams on my page and instead it will not update my selections. I have posted numerous feedback posts yet they fail to address the issue. It is very obvious that we have a company here that is totally mismanaged and will soon go the way of ***** and JCPenneys and all the other mismanaged companies that currently are struggling to continue to exist. Yahoo has long lost its place as an internet leader and soon will be a has been. But yet these product support people continue to post unrelated canned computer generated responses that do not address the problem and telling the rest of us how stupid they thing we are. I have switched my home page, I now go elsewhere for everything I used to get from my Yahoo and only come back out of curiousity wondering how long it will take for yahoo to listen to us or go belly up. I believe now that belly up and six feet under will be the final verdict for yahoo!!!

• dont change my name!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo answers is just as worthless as Product Support!!!!!!!! I posted for an answer and the only thing I got was that if I wanted to use Yahoo I had to change browsers!! I am not changing my browser for a lousy site like Yahoo!!!!

• dont change my name!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo continues to do nothing but review. They refuse to accept that they have a fatally flawed website with tons on issues! I have been trying for weeks to see my teams on my page and instead it will not update my selections. I have posted numerous feedback posts yet they fail to address the issue. It is very obvious that we have a company here that is totally mismanaged and will soon go the way of ***** and JCPenneys and all the other mismanaged companies that currently are struggling to continue to exist. Yahoo has long lost its place as an internet leader and soon will be a has been. But yet these product support people continue to post unrelated canned computer generator responses that do not address the problem and telling the rest of us how stupid they thing we are. I have switched my home page, I now go elsewhere for everything I used to get from my Yahoo and only come back out of curiousity wondering how long it will take for yahoo to listen to us or go belly up. I believe now that belly up and six feet under will be the final verdict for yahoo!!!

Too late . Already switched home pages. Don't send me anymore of your great ideas unless you go back to the old page.

• lindave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 'old' calendar showed a full 7 days of appointments on my homepage. This was so helpful for making plans. Having to go to the calendar to see upcoming events is such a waste of time. PLEASE go back to listing a whole week of appointments not just the current day

• dennis strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't live in Hastings Nebraska. Don't care to, don't want to, and will not consider it a vacation spot...
    So tell me, thee of high intellect, why am i forced to view information about Hastings Nebraska?
    Got a clue? Didn't think so.
    I haven't a clue as to how "ya-hoos" ever stay in business.
    Bet you voted for buttrock.
    figures.

very very disappointed because I can not see any news in last 24 hours on any given stock in portfolio because new version of portfolio does not have * on left of symbol. Please reinsert this feature in new yahoo portfolio. In last three weeks I gave this feedback for about 100 times but yahoo customer service does not care. I wrote email to customer service but you DO NOT CARE

Feedback and Knowledge Base