How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This reply was certainly useless. As soon as I find find something suitable with hotmail or google or someone, I'm gone. Had the yahoo page for about 16 years,but you guys managed to screww that up in just one step. And with only feeble attempts on your part to address issues

I have left Yahoo and don't see why I should come back. The current format is total frustration goodbye

• Sandy Reik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to get assistance from both locations, no luck. The yahoo account settings won't let you change the default location, only adds additional. Community support team was no help.

• GilesB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This did nothing for me. Cabn't overrule Yahoo picking my location.

• Daniel Kellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement" -

It looks like this has been about 10% fixed. I can see the dollar amount of the total now, but still no dollar amount for total change. None of the portfolio components have dollar amounts or dollar amount change yet. Percent change is OK, but I do not need to know points and point changes. Why not just copy the format from my basic portfolio view if you can't figure it out?

Is it not obvious that you all have totally trashed Yahoo. You can play all the games you want but the like is just not there, I would say I was leaving but emailing your advertisers from my Google account about not buying from them and why seems like a far better idea, I think I will put it out to all my friends that at one time I worked with to switch to Yahoo. Hopefully that enables you to see the wisdom of going back to a useable yahoo like it used to be. My Yahoo isn't mine anymore, it doesn't seem anything like what I set up, until it does, the correct name is Your Yahoo, cause that piece of ____ isn't mine (or My).

I gave up on Yahoo. The old "My Yahoo" was great! I rarely use it now. Why did you ruin it?

I hate your new My Yahoo page. It was my home page, and I used to look at the old one at least 3-4 times a day, frequently more. I will not stand for that piece of **** shoved at me--so I am doing the only thing I can do--boycott it. I have changed my home page, and I will not give it the benefit of even one click anymore!

It keeps on detecting the wrong location for me....new and improved hasn't really worked out for Yahoo!...first y'all mucked up the sports page and now you have mucked up My Yahoo!....flash is no substitute for content and proper functioning.

• Jane Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am no longer using Yahoo as my home page. Unfortunately, I have had my email account for 10 years and it will take me quite awhile to switch... but, I am working on it. I have been a very loyal Yahoo supporter for many years but, lately, each switch Yahoo has made recently is just p**s**g me off. I hate the new Yahoo layout with its big blocks, the inability to view my stock portfolio..., etc., etc., etc.

• Scott Irwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no "default location" at the account setting you reference, only current detected location (which I can't change, only "detect") and saved favorites (none of which is labeled or editable as "default"). And the current location is often wrong (off by 100's of miles).

• Tony Bittner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My location in my default settings would be Skykomish. "MY YAHOO!" keeps placing me in Everett, Stanwood, or Arlington, for weather and news. This is an obvious problem with an obvious solution, but Yahoo doesn't seem to want to fix the problem. I received a link for this thread in my email and find the ADMIN comments to be a joke. There is no way to actually contact Yahoo for help; all links loop back to some useless pretend solution.
    Community Support Team doesn't seem to exist, no phone number available, no reply email available, just loops with empty solutions.

• GR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If our default location was correct why would we post this error of detecting our location is wrong ?
    Why not let us select our own location and save it or just let us delete the misguided detection of our location !?? been this way since force feeding the new yahoo with no answers just the same answers that lead to NO FIX ............lame

And... As everyone else is clearly saying, this "update" has been a disaster, and we all want our old Yahoo back. The layout, the entire design, the lack of "news" on stocks, the "location" issues, weather, it's all big step backwards. Probably too late for me though, I've already opened a new home page on MSN, and even they have you beat. Good luck with your company. When a company forsakes its users it can't last long...

Thanks for the "tip", but the reason it is not working is because my default location is incorrect. It thinks I am in another city, and Yahoo provides no way to correct that. That's the problem. The "Default Location" field is not change-able, as far as the Account Settings allow. This never used to be a problem. How about just fixing the problem instead?

• Bob Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worthless advice - bring back the real Yahoo My (Home) Page. Can't you see how much credibility and how many users you are losing?

• M. O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what you said:"If you’re default location within your Yahoo Account settings is correct, I’d recommend posting on Yahoo Answers – My Yahoo for assistance from our Community Support team:"
    WRONG--there doesn't seem to be anyway to change the wrong location, even though in my profile it is the correct!
    I really hate the new layout--give us the option to go back or FIX THIS NEW ONE.

Feedback and Knowledge Base