How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the old page too. Location is only one of the problems. It still won't hold when I set it.

Stocks use to have pop when there is recent news. When you hovered over an individual stock the list of recent news items would appear. Also alert limits set on the finance page do not show up on the MyYahoo page as they use to.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did anyone read any of the reviews. It's not just the location that's a problem it's the entire "New Page" that no one wants.
    How do you go back to the old page it what people want to know.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new 'My Yahoo'...so much so that I have switched to Google as my home age....

And FYI Yahoo...It is "your default location..." not "you're default location..." js

• Chris Hollis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about just bringing back the old my.yahoo like everyone wants? Nobody wants the **** you have us looking at now!

I cannot find a single positive review of the new yahoo. You would think someone at yahoo would get a clue. It is terrible.

The problem that I have is that I'm in Portland, OR and our VPN is in Richmond, VA. Yahoo automatically picks up on that and wants to provide me with all this useless info for an area 3,000 miles away. Yahoo will not let me designate my home city.

I hate the new portfolio page - way too much wasted screen space. I also hate the way we edit and sort or reorder the data. What a pain. Different is not always better.

I keep getting the same advice...go to my account settings...verify my locations...

THE RESULT IS ALWAYS THE SAME...when I detect my location...it says that I live in Kentucky. No city just **

I have not moved. I have lived here for 5 years in the same house.
    Up until Jan 30, 2014, Yahoo could find me in Maysville, ** After the forced NEW YAHOO UPDATE...I appear to live in a place that is no longer findable.
    I have not moved, but Yahoo cannot find me.

I force a new location of Maysville, KY into locations.
    When I go to My Yahoo. It cannot find me.

I am giving up on Yahoo after 20 years.
    I am tired of all the unasked for changes to My Yahoo.
    It is so broken now and no one at Yahoo is reachable.
    No one cares.

I am gone.
    I will go find a different home page.
    I will then change from Yahoo.

They don't care.
    They don't even appreciate my $19.995 a year for 2 different accounts.
    I will go try someone else.
    They probably won't care any less about me than Yahoo, and it won't cost me $19.95 a year.

I just wished someone cared at Yahoo anymore.

You had a very good thing with the old Yahoo. Why is it, when someone thinks they are smarter than everybody they serve, they **** up a good thing.

I want my old page back. This one stinks like you know what.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plain and simple, the new my yahoo sucks. I bailed, found a new start page, and I will never be back. The best comment I have seen on these boards is "Yahoo is the new AOL" good luck and good riddance.

• Krista Kimba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved to Protopage. I'm able to add all kinds of snippets from other websites.

protopage.com

I always wondered what the weather was in Lexington, **
    I don't live there. I live in Maysville.
    The NEW UPDATE wil not accept the update.
    Always defaults back to Lexington when I leave and return to My Yahoo.

This is not helpful.
    I have been a Yahoo user for 20+ years.
    I have had it.
    I will be moving if you cannot fix the problem you created.

This is the least empowering change you have made yet.
    Everyone seems to be in the wrong direction.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome update!!
    I always wanted to know what the weather's like in Sunnyvale, CA!!
    Since I am in Ohio doesn't do me a bit of good....like most of your new homepage....

I'm annoyed that my weather location (therefor local news) won't stick...I live in Jersey and really don't give a hoot about Sunnyvale, CA.

• Lenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with local weather and news. Will not stick to page. That's seems to be something that should be BASIC and if that won't work, I can understand why other are upset about the "new" look.

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS NEW MY.YAHOO IS HORRIBLE!!! I have had My Yahoo as a home page for over 10 years. Set up exactly as I want it,
    with one click on a particular Portfolio i could either go straight to the Performance table and see exactly where my investments were or with one click edit it as needed. Now I click on the title, and the portfolio goes away. or I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and 3 clicks later... after a ridiculous wait I get to where I'm going. UNACCEPTABLE! Yahoo used to be agile, not fashionable. it used to be useful, now I'll have to find a home page that is more functional and meets my needs as the OLD Yahoo did, customize-able to fit my needs, not those of a cadre more concerned about social networking than customer focused functionality.
    AND- YOU SCREWED UP THE MOBILE VERSION AS WELL... I used to be able to go directly to my desktop home page THE ONE I HAD TILL YOU SCREWED IT UP. now I get the useless MOBILE version that SUCKS
    CHANGE BACK OR WE WILL ALL MIGRATE TO ANOTHER HOME PAGE - NOT YAHOO.

• Tony Bittner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get a total for my financial portfolio now, but the percentages don't make a bit of sense; maybe someone with math experience should be helping with the formulas.
    The weather feature is still very awkward because of the manner that Yahoo attempts to place where we are. I usually get either Arlington or Stanwood, WA but we live in Skykomish. Arlington is lower valley, Stanwood is on an island in the Puget Sound, and we are in the mountains just 17 miles from Steven's Pass. Weather in the mountains is quite different than weather down below on the water.
    Many of the headlines in my RSS news feeds are too long to be shown. That didn't used to matter as much when you could hover the curser over the headline and get the remainder of the headline or a brief preview of the article, but that option isn't available now. What Yahoo thought it was doing to save time for "My Yahoo" to load is more than lost in the need to click on numerous other pages to get the same information that used to be available at a glance. The real beauty of the "My Yahoo" concept was the time saved by just glancing through the headlines, portfolios, weather, etc. without having to go to every story or individual stock to see how the day was panning out.
    Yahoo may get some of these things fixed, and I still don't know of a better alternative, but Yahoo has certainly lost some goodwill during this unnecessary forced switch it pushed onto all of its users.

New Yahoo still sucks and Yahoo Finance page freezews up every time-do you pay these MBA's to thwart your customers?

• Shan Meils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting Sunnyvale, California, as a default, too. I'm nowhere NEAR there and no matter how many times I change it, it goes back! I'm using the Canadian page but check back every now and then to see if anything has changed. It just keeps getting WORSE!!!

YES to ALL of the above! Changing my provider as soon as I can get my grand-daughter over here to do it for me!

Feedback and Knowledge Base