How can we improve Yahoo?

Very disappointed. I prefer my old My Yahoo page. Can't get local news or weather to stick. Keeps switching to a city 100s of miles away!

Also can't see totals for My Portfolios. I don't want to have to click three pages away to find the total value for a portfolio and I'm not as interested in individual stock's movement. Why can't I see a total like my old page had?

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jedd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After having Yahoo for about 18 years , no one cares ! Like Obamacare you will use what we tell you and like it ,as usual Yahoo has always been a left wing outfit but i used it ! Forced it on me and do NOTHING to fix it !
    RSS feed don't work right ! weather can't find my location ?? can't drag things on screen to where I want , LOOKS like **** ! What is NOT to like !

I don't live in or near Sunnyvale Cali. but that shows up for my weather here in Pa. Can't get rid of it!!!!!!!

• Taylor Dickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Yahoo keeps switching my Local Weather & News to Sunnyvale, CA. I am TIRED of having to change my location BACK to Gulfport, MS every other day! This is getting tiring. I want my OLD YAHOO back, as well as many, many others have complained about! When will you appease us and make things right? Whoever designed this new facet of Yahoo MUST have been part of the Obama Health Care web site, because this Yahoo doesn't work EITHER!!! Fix it, DAMMIT!!!

Weather & Local news keeps changing to Sunnyvale, CA. I don't care one bit what happens there. I want MY local News & Weather! This new changeover sucks. It's not working right, so apparently whoever did this 'new' creation must have definitely worked on the Obama Health Care website launch. Because it's NOT WORKING! It is slow as ****, it doesn't react to changes or edits you make, and it just makes me madder & madder each time I have to correct it!

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey you bunch of yahoos at yahoo how about thinking of us, your users, and give us something we like: Like the old yahoo! Weather and news constantly wrong and my profiles are not set up the way i had them and cannot change.
    I am looking to change and will as soon as find what I want (like i had before you screwed it up) unless you allow us to switch back.

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sadly we are not getting it back. I haven't heard of Oxnard, but I feel your pain.

To make it even stupider, before I log in, the Weather "autodetect" shows some location known only for two bear families, a tree hit by lightning, and probaby its nearness to a broadcasting tower. And when I log in, it "detects" me where i have not been in years - but my provider is. It is 100 miles plus away from my place, but you couldn't care less, now could you?
    I kindly and politely ask you to please bring back the previous My Yahoo page, and let the children play with something entirely offline. This has been insulting enough, and you people should realise that your users are not total idiots to tolerate this prank much longer. Thank you.

• NEKansasBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. My "current location" in WEATHER is 150 miles from where I actually am, and I can't change it. You think Yahoo read these? And if they do, do they care?

New My Yahoo is terrible. Old My Yahoo was specific to my location, not where my isp is coming from. Can't change weather to my current location without have to view where my isp is pinging from. Let us go back to the way things were. I have dropped Yahoo as my home page until improvements are made.

I will not go on My Yahoo anymore. Let me know if you go back to the old way. Why do people think they have to change something they think is better, but in reality it's worse. Thanks a lot for nothing.

• Disappointed in South Dakota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate it, too. Try to 'see more stories' and get a message: 'Oops! We are not able to retrieve any articles at this time. Please try again later.' I'm tired of so called improvements to almost everything not being an improvement.

My weather has me in nyc and I am in Buffalo, miles away, I kkep changing it and it goes right back to ny. I am now using google

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible, I live in Pa but my weather is from Ohio, tried to change, I give up, Yahoo must have used the same programers that Obama used in setting up the new health care program. SUCKS

Hate this new Page ,parts do not work ,want old my yahoo back or will go else where soon

• Glen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to save new cities on the weather on My Yahoo page and the tiles are very sensitive and relocate at the slightes swipe

Total FAIL on the new layout. You've lost a long time user unless you revert back to what WE ALL LIKED!

Your "improved" home page SUCKS like all your other "improvements"! As this poster says, none of the changes I make to the content will stick - it keeps changing to areas and info I have NO INTEREST IN.

You have DESTROYED your groups - every Yahoo group I belong to has moved to Facebook since the changes with this part of your "services" because you RUINED Yahoo Groups for members and staff. Now you have destroyed the home pages. Are you *trying* to lose all your members because I can tell you I have been looking for another home page provider since the most recent Yahoo disaster and will be leaving Yahoo as soon as I find a suitable provider.

Your new "improved" email sucks as well. My email is full of little boxes that I assume should be icons of some sort. It is very difficult to find things in the email now. Contact addresses won't auto-enter even tho they are saved to the address book meaning I have to go look up address, copy/paste to send a message. Contacts that have been saved will disappear over and over. We now have to go through 2-3 pages after reading a message to get back to the inbox.

Where the **** are your heads? Not with the people who have, in the PAST, used your services that is for sure!

• TB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will local news be truly local? I live more than 200 miles from New York City but ... that's the news I get. I have posted this comment often. Maybe it's time to start contacting advertisers with our complaints. Seems to be no response from Yahoo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base