My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Redesign Themes!

The Themes for MyYahoo page are awful. I much prefer the old version as far as Themes go. At least they were simplistic and pleasing to the page. These new ones are just plain ugly and unappealing. Please consider listening to everyone that uses MyYahoo (or those that are left) and make changes.

226th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new MY HOMEPAGE doesn't work at ALL and there is no way to keep great old one.

My yahoo page doesn't not work AT ALL. Since I depend on its calendar, I have been scrabbling to get my appointments that were on Yahoo Calendar......... now, I have to write them down. Furious!
    Nothing works on it AT ALL. New or old. There is NO FIX just a
    Sorry for the inconvenience.... refresh....... come back later.....
    total ****!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mail - no grouping - cant respond to person I want to easily

bring back old email or I will switch to gmail after 20 years at this address. It is a pain! Today having issues with search through mail where I can open one email in the search group but then it doesn't open another. Have to close it out and start all over. Pain in the a*&^%!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clean up the Scoreboard

Give me back my Scoreboard with just MY TEAMS.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 226th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You can improve it by allowing me to keep the homnepage I designed myself. This coming "upgrade" will contain content I neither want nor wi

I'm informed my personally-designed homepage is to be "upgraded" to contain content I neither want nor will use. This will be a "downgrade." Yahoo has become less and less dependable recently, and this "upgrade" is just one more example. And I seriously doubt that this comment will be read by anyone at Yahoo who really cares what I think anyway. YOU said I could design my own homepage. I did. Now you're taking it away.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 160th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the mail counter, please, on the new Home Page

For the past month, as I've received email at "My Yahoo", the counter on the "new" home page has continued to count the incoming emails - I'm now up to 78, whereas before this f**ked up mess you created, I got actual totals of new incoming mail. Please fix this before it becomes totally stupid.

I don't like the new lay-out either - it's clunky and looks like it was created by a six year old. It is quite obvious that customers were not consulted before you foisted this change on us.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How can we improve yahoo you ask? Be more like Google. Don't force your chitty changes on your loyal users.

I'm now a former yahoo user and a loyal Google user. All because yahoo forced their changes on me without my permission and without letting me have my old homepage back. Google is so much better I can't even describe it in words. Yahoo, you suck!

164th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Thanks for showing me the door.

Last year you guys ruined Yahoo! Sports, and I went to ESPN. This year you've destroyed what little functionality MyYahoo! offered, so I guess it's time to check out Google Plus.

170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Yahoo UGLY - BULKY - AND IT'S BS!!!

I HAVE TWO YAHOO ACCOUNTS - I HAVE STOPPED USING MY PRIMARY ACCOUNT (WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS) BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND THE LAYOUT AND LOOK OF THE "NEW" YAHOO YOU HAVE FORCED ON ME.... NOW YOU HAVE SAID THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE SAME TO MY SECONDARY ACCOUNT ON JAN. 31. I WILL HAVE CLOSED BOTH ACCOUNTS BY THEN AND MOVED ON TO A NEW MAIL SITE.... I HOPE MANY OTHERS FOLLOW AS ITS CLEAR THAT YOU - YAHOO - DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT OUR NEEDS... I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE FEEDBACK YOU HAVE RECEIVED…

170th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ca.my.yahoo.com

agree the "new" yahoo sucks? Found this cure on the weather app page where people couldn't get alternate weather sites to work. Simply make your home page as if are Canadian, for some reason yahoo screwed over only Yanks. ca.my.yahoo.com & presto my old banned yahoo home page was resurected . Yahoooooo!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Portfolios area made almost none functional. Bring back the old one!!!

Restore the ability in portfolios to see the price trend for the day and new news on a stock without having to click to a new page. The removal of this function makes Yahoo vastly less useful for financial news and literally invites people who use this area to leave Yahoo!

You should fire the idiot who approved such a change. Your aim should be to make financial news more NOT LESS functional.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Incorporate TV listings, ability to update stock prices, plus stock news for those you are following, saving changes, smaller weather font

This is okay... but... it didn't save any of my changes. Weather fonts are way too big; Can't get TV listings on my page. Also the Financial widget was so much better before. But how can this be functional if it doesn't even save your changes?

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New "My Yahoo!" Page is Terrible

List of Issues/Errors
    1) Ugly interface with "Themes" that are unappealing at best and impossible to use due to contrast issues.
    2) Is actually slower to load on my system then before. Likely due to too many embedded graphics (why do you think we need to see a team logo?) and the ridiculous continuous scroll along the margins.
    3) No why to "refresh" just the portfolio section without having to go through the long refresh of the entire page.
    4) No logic used in the interface.
    5) My Yahoo insists it knows where I am located and keeps giving me…

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You have completely destroyed Yahoo Mail now you've destroyed My Yahoo

Every aspect of Yahoo is now rubbish. Marissa Mayer has taken this company and made it into a laughing stock. Your advertisers are catching on that your core product is worthless. Your users have left in droves. Just wait until Alibaba goes public and you no longer have that 24% keeping you afloat. Bye Bye Yahoo...

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Presidential Action

As president I am considering a bill that would force Yahoo to give you back your old home pages. You have voted and the new yahoo page is just no good just like healthcare.gov.

164th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base