My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Your new MY Yahoo page, SUCKS!!! I see another Blackberry blowup Yahoo...

Your new MY Yahoo page, SUCKS!!! I see another Blackberry blowup Yahoo...Give me my old page back, whoever designed new page should be fired!

137th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TRY new MyYahoo home page? How?!

You tell me to try the new home page, but once I click and get there a pop up tells me if I proceed I can't go back to the original home page format. TRY the new page? How? You can't even SEE the new home page because it's covered up by the pop up. Idiots.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding new stocks to My portfolio tab

The current portfolio tab supports a few stocks. However i am not able to add my own stocks that i wish to monitor. I can do view all which takes me to yahoo finance. I would like to add some stocks there it self

152nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can I please just have the same look and feel of the Yahoo! home page I have had for years? The new theme requires way too much scrolling!

The old simplified layout was much easier to read and use than this new garish layout. I visit Yahoo! Mostly from my iPad, and the new layout takes up much more space and requires a lot of scrolling to see it all. That is not a good thing.

101st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How can you t

How can you change the color and the content?

157th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. need drag and drop between tabs, and moving tabs back and forth

need drag and drop between tabs, and moving tabs back and forth

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My Yahoo Layout

GAWD!!! Return the My Yahoo's layout to its original form. I don't my mail situated on the same side as the News. It was just fine where it was on the left side of the page.

Is there nothing about your site that you DON"T want to ***** up?

First Notifications essentially have disappeared. Then various feature's pages have become practically un-navigable.

Who are you employing that keep coming with these "brilliant" ideas? Please fire them ASAP.

I have been a Yahoo user for three years and in that time it has become less and less User friendly and far…

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Leave thing's alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's an idea.... Leave thing's alone !!!!!!!!

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Horrible Layout Design

This horrible layout was very poorly designed. It takes up a lot of space to show a little info. Very user-unfriendly. The old layout compressed a lot of info into a small space & you could see a lot at a glance instead of having to scroll up & down. Also, calling it My Yahoo is obviously false, because the layout that appears has little to do with what I chose.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The hypertext links for pages/tabs are incorrect

If I click on the tab for the second page of my myYahoo, I end up remaining on page one. I note that the URL when I click on the tab does not look right.

The URL for the home page is https://my.yahoo.com/p/1.html?p=p1. When I click on the tab for the second page, the URL switches to https://my.yahoo.com/p/1.html?p=p2. If I manually change the URL to https://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html then I get the correct second page.

199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why have you bastards destyoyed my ,"MY YAHOO" home page. YOU STINK !!!

It's obviously not MY YAHOO it is YOUR YAHOO. I had my home page the way I wanted it.

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. give me my yahoo not yours

give me my yahoo not your idea of what yahoo should be

109th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. **** it. Yahoo did it again. This My Yahoo is nothing more than what Yahoo wants to give to me. I want the page I chose, I put together,

I want the My Yahoo I have had for years. Not all this stuff Yahoo chooses and then says, oh, oh, this is your My Yahoo. I want the freedom choice my own page or I'm gone. No more Yahoo for me. Why tell me it is My Yahoo when you do all the picking and choosing. I don't want, like or need half the stuff you put on there.

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unless I have the page that I choose, and have had for years. I'm out of Yahoo. This My Yahoo isn't my Yahoo, It;s Yahoo chooseing for me.

In the past we chose the background, the news that we wanted, even bird sites that we had on our page. This new page is nothing but Yahoo for Yahoo. Totally disregarding the people whom you are saying you want to please.

114th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't call it MY Yahoo when it has nothing to do with MY Yahoo.

I guess the new CEO's idea is to destroy the experience for it's users. Hard to believe with all the other choices out there that she would think it's beneficial to take away what the users want and replace it with a bunch of ****! Not sure who she is pandering to with these changes, but it probably has something to do with money...greed overrides common sense all the time. She must be a republican....doesn't care what is right, doesn't care what the majority of people want - it's all about the check at the end of the day. She…

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My Main Tab

I had my MY Yahoo set up just the way I like it and now you've changed into something that's useless for me. Good bye, after >10 years.

120th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Here we go again. You with your ideas usurping my choices. This happens again, and I'm gone. After over 10 years. Yahoo, phooey

Give us back the pages we create for ourselves. Why on earth do you people feel you have to do all the creating, all the choosing. You are loosing it, Yahoo, and for what? Power? That e-mail address I just put there because it is required will be changed to something else if Yahoo doesn't get the message. We want our own choices.

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base