My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. If you want to update it... give us an option of Old vs New

Too confusing. The color is too gaudy... in your face! dont like it at all.. Hard to look all the links... Makes it too complicated for NO REASON.
    Frankly I wasnt even sure whats been shown on the page... I couldnt even recognise my own My Yahoo page. GO FIGURE how bad this design is!!

170th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dear Yahoo. You ask me what idea I have. But today I see that my page is gone, again!

I want my old page. That is my idea. I have said it over and over again. I do not want new ideas, I do not want all your jazzy news, your hot, hot, hot topics, It is shallow, uncool, and trying way too hard to be sooooo in. Sorry. I like my old page, I want my old page, I like what I had. This is my idea. Are you listening, or do you just want your overly jazzed up junk. and really, when it comes down to it, don't care at all what we are all saying. The…

199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Very sad. USA is in the midst of starting war with Syria and no mention on Yahoo frontpage.

Very sad. USA is in the midst of starting Syrian war and no mention on Yahoo frontpage.

235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. my account is blocked more than 2 days how did i need to change my password

help me please because this email is our company email

164th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Thi is awfull

Go back to the old yahoo layout. I hate this one

235th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changing themes on iPad?

Blue and grey lettering on dark blue background. Are you kidding? Hard to read and no apparent ability to make changes on iPad. Might have to consider other home page alternatives...

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BRING BACK THE OLD YAHOO PAGE!

When I clicked on I.E this morning, I had a major panic attack. I saw a piece of trash addressed as "My.Yahoo.com". I thought Yahoo had deleted the My.Yahoo home page I customized years ago. I had my vital calendar of events at the top! I ciicked on the "Home" tab of the new trash page and the original www.yahoo.com page appeared. That original page was the one I was used to see upon entering the Internet. I should be able to read all of the great news, trends, etc.on that page and THEN sign into MY "My.yahoo.com" page. There…

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I hate the new layout!!!

Why do you insist on making change changes to the My Yahoo page. I had it set up the way I wanted it. What makes you think I want it different. I don't need to keep wasting my time to change things every time you feel like making change. Put it back the way I designed it so that it really is 'My' yahoo.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want all portfolios visible and the 6 months ago editing method, Not pretty but way faster than now!!!!

I want all portfolios visible and the 6 months ago editing method, Not pretty but way faster than now!!!!

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I don't like the new logo; your brand should be the last one forever--like GE, Coke. I want former page back. No space to write either. End!

Do what the Yahoo people want. If we hate it we have our reasons...we've had Yahoo's "My Yahoo" home page for 10+ years and some when you started. It took time to set up that page the first time, with your subtle changes, then some more changes, and now this big ugly flop. Maps used to be conveniently located in 1998; not now. You'll see how when you tally the votes and review the words how loyal Yahoo users feel. I'll bet your advertisers love losing folks at your site. I'm thinking of going to MSN, Google, etc. If I…

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New front page won't load my portfolio and calendar.

Since these are the only two features I regularly use, please fix them before I find an alternative.

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some people don't like "new and better"

I understand you want to keep things fresh. However, there is a whole GENERATION or two that do NOT like changes. We learn how to use something, set it up the way we like it, and then you change it. PLEASE at least allow a way to keep the old layout as the new one is not for me.

164th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Whatever the #$%^ you're doing is messing things up royally!

For the last week or so, everything Yahoo has been acting totally freaky...for instance, right now when I try to access "My Yahoo", all that comes up is a listing of the local lottery numbers...THAT'S IT! Nothing else, none of my news feeds or other options, just a big nearly-blank screen with lottery numbers! Along with this kind of issue, various things have only been working intermittently all week, as the site often says it can't display news headlines, can't find stock prices, etc, etc. This is NOT the way to keep or attract users!

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New My Yahoo layout is ugly, too big! I am not on a **** tablet!!!

Yahoo. Stop trying to be a Windows 8 operating system. It was not a great idea to begin with!

164th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DO NOT LIKE the new format. Restore the old one.

Otherwise, I will quit using Yahoo for any purpose. Do not make radical changes without informing the users. Not good PR.

Restore what we had.

Going to Google...

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This isn't My Yahoo anymore This new page is nothing but Yahoo for Yahoo. Totally disregarding the people whom you are saying you want to

You're like little children in a store. Leave things alone keep your hands to to yourself. If I want to make a change I will. Maybe Google Chrome is more grown up about what their users want on a homepage.

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base