My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. color me adios muchacos, time warner as soon as I get up tomorrow. YOU PPL GOT ENTIRELY TOO MUCH FREE TIME...YOU MISSED MY LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!

STOP MESSING AROUND WITH CUSTOMER'S STUFF WHEN WE WANT YOU TO HAVE AN IDEA WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU. OTHERWISE GO BACK TO BEING BRAINDEAD

235th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why did you 'break' the My Yahoo page? Get rid of this hard on the eyes abomination!!

What we had before was fine. This new layout is hard to use, toooo blue, too dark, and badly laid out, especially the weather section. It only shows one item.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How about stop f*cking up EVERY Yahoo page?

You morons are really trying to drive people away, aren't you? Does EVERY Yahoo page have to look like it is trying to appeal to third-graders? Do ANY adults work at Yahoo? Marissa Meyers is a complete tool.

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. torro mierda

fire your web master, leave a good idea alone

I am searching for another home page right now

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Echoing the rest - HATE the new page - switch back or I am finding a different site

I liked my old personalized easy to find stuff on page - DESPISE this & will not stick with it if it isn't changed back........at least give people the option, because clearly no one wants this.....& doing it with no notice is horrible.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Thanks for destroying my home page!! Wasn't it enough that you messed with my email?

Fire your R & D folks. Then fire your decision making executive team. Yahoo's future is just a little less positive than blackberry.

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add to the litiney. . .I liked my page the way it was. . .this new format is horrible. Hire a HF engineer before you go messing with things

Add to the litiney. . .I liked my page the way it was. . .this new format is horrible. Hire a HF engineer before you go messing with things

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change is NOT bad when it IMPROVES things. Change IS bad when it makes something CONSIDERABLY WORSE!

I'm sorry, but this new UI for MyYaoo! is absolutely horrible. I can appreciate UI overhauls and redesigns, specifically when they are done to improve the user experience or make users more productive/efficient. What you have done here with MyYahoo!'s layout is an incredible step BACK in both departments. It is NOTa better user experience and it does NOT make me more productive.

With the old layout, I had 12 content "buckets" across a 2 column layout that I could VERY quickly scan to determine which stories/links were worth drilling into. With this new layout (and I've tried the 2,…

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How ****** can YAHOO get?

Crappier and CRAPPIER!!!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF ****!

FIRE THE CEO AND START FRESH AGAIIN

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep the old themes

I like some of the new themes (the nature ones are very pretty), but please bring back some of the old ones - or variant of them. I particularly liked the holiday and patrioric themes. I like the transparent boxes for my content - very pretty, but I want the surfboard and the snowflakes and the flags, please?!

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You ****** up my homepage. Gdammigt

where the f is my notes?

235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BRING BACK FACEBOOK!!!!!!!

You have out done your self in the stupid department!!! I could only get to my facebook at work through MyYahoo and now I have no reason to even use MyYahoo!!! BRING BACK OLD FORMAT AND FACEBOOK!!

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 235th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)