My Yahoo archive

To our loyal users of My Yahoo,

Our goal for My Yahoo is to give you a way to organize the web around your diverse set of interests. Your passion for My Yahoo inspires us to work hard to make it better everyday, and we’re just getting started. We’ve seen — and heard — the impassioned response about the revamped My Yahoo. You’ve shared lots of great feedback, and we want you to know we’re doing more than just listening. Here’s an update on your most popular requests:

• Scoreboard app – Your settings from the classic My Yahoo (like the teams you want to follow) will soon show in the new experience.
  • My Portfolio app (Oct 9, update) – You are now able to see multiple portfolios at once by clicking on the All Portfolios drop down.
  • Location settings for weather and news – Every time you visit My Yahoo, we try to detect your current location and give you local weather and news stories. If you don’t see the right city, you can change your location and save it for quick access. As soon as we have a more permanent solution we’ll make sure to let you know.
  • Theme backgrounds – We offer a wide range of themes to help you make your page more personal. You can change your theme at any time by selecting “Choose Themes” at the top right of your screen. We’ve included a “Classic My” theme for those who prefer the colors of the old version of My Yahoo.

Once these updates happen, we’ll let you know right here in this forum… and we’re not done yet – more improvements are on the way. So keep the feedback coming!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

The My Yahoo Team

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. "MY Yahoo?!" This is YOUR Yahoo!!

I expect Machiavellian treatment of users from Microsoft. But to tell users about a "new Yahoo" and cover the visual with a huge dialog box that makes it impossible to examine the "new Yahoo" without selecting the 'yes' button - and then locking the user into the new version instantly. Well. I'm in awe of how low Yahoo has sunk.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the new version was better. But it stinks. So there goes My Yahoo as the home page on all of my devices. Congrats, guys - another Google win!!

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give people a way to actually contact Yahoo instead of sending them in circles around your help pages that never ever answer the issue.

give people a way to actually contact Yahoo instead of sending them in circles around your help pages that never ever answer the issue.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    71 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lost all appointments on Calendar

Please bring back the original My Yahoo format. The calendar is terrible. It does not let you see a weeks worth of appointments on My Yahoo. I have lost all of my appointments for the rest of the year. How do I bring back my old calendar?

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Go Back to your old format

I can no longer access MyYahoo from my email which makes it very time consuming to navigate from my email to yahoo to MyYahoo. Are you trying to get people to stop using yahoo. If you are you are doing a great job.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  122 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why not just let us go back to our old homepages?

Why can we not go back to our old homepages? Everything you claim to have done to correct the "new" Yahoo is not true. I still get only the scores that you decide to give me on the scoreboard, none of my favorites either sports or teams show up. I know that whoever designed this page is deeply invested in it and thinks it is great, but it is NOT. I can only assume from the lack of response to all of the complaints, that Yahoo truly does not care about the users and is not concerned when people go…

55th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. STOP CHANGING MY HOMEPAGE!! DID I ASK FOR THIS? NOOOOO!!!! LEAVE YAHOO ALONE OR LOSE ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS!!!

STOP CHANGING MY HOMEPAGE!! DID I ASK FOR THIS? NOOOOO!!!! LEAVE YAHOO ALONE OR LOSE ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS!!!

27th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This is really bad. You leave me no choice. I'm getting a new home page. Goodbye.

This new design is horrible. Reminds me of the brilliant "Windows 8" mess. Since I can't go back to my old design, I have no choice but to use some other homepage. Hope your advertisers like the exodus.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I hate the new "my yahoo", it's ****** to read.

Did someone ask to have it changed? This is so much ****** to read.

30th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 32nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How can I get back to the old My Yahoo Page - there was more functionality on the old page

Under the portfolio there used to be a total so you could monitor your investments directly on the page. The refresh button for portfolios is also missing. I have been a yahoo users for at least 15 years and would like to have the option of going back to the prior version of My Yahoo

61st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The new My Yahoo page is terrible. Go back to the old!

I lost content when I switched. I also can't find a way to minimize content to a header like before. It appears that the purpose of the new My Yahoo is to make things look different (not necessairly better) and to delete some features.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Nope, real misstep here. Where are my running totals in stock portfolio? Hate the colours. Options and personalization? Total yuk!

Nope, real misstep here. Where are my running totals in stock portfolio? Hate the colours. Options and personalization? Total yuk!

36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 33rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Leave **** alone

Quit chaning MY YAHOO. I set it up the way I want it and you keep changing it to suit YOU. It says "MY YAHOO" not yours. Am damned sick of constantly erasing **** I don't want and having you put it right back again. Now this last trick...I can't even erasing or change the apps or theme you put in there. LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE!! If I want something on my home page, I WILL PUT IT THERE, dumb-*****!

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want my old "My Yahoo" page back!!! The new one SUCKS!!!!

The "New" "My Yahoo" page SUCKS!!! If it stays I am gone. I pay $20 a year for expanded capabilities not having to look at **** advertising.

Again, if the "old" page format doesn't come back I am gone and taking my $20 a year someplace else.

35th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All new My Yahoo is all bad

I like my My Yahoo page just the way it is! I went to a lot of trouble to get it set up precisely the way I want it with precisely the content I want on it. Stop FN with it! No "new and improved" (your idea of new and improved, not mine); Just leave it alone!

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 44th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. LEAVE IT ALONE! Or at least give the option of retaining the old page layout.

I hate the new layout and the fact that I'll have to spend untold time culling out all the **** that I don't want. I also don't appreciate having My Yahoo on my iPad browser automatically redirect to the new layout. This is the kind of **** that drove me from Facebook and now that Yahoo is jumping on the "we know what you want better than you do" it looks like I'll have to find me yet another site to frequent.

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!

Got back to the old one!!!!! This new one is HORRIBLE!!!!! At least give me the option. I can barely read my page with the colors! And the weather display is worthless.

43rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back the previous MY Yahoo page

There is no way I can customize this and it looks like ****. I don't want all of this on there. My personalizes My Yahoo page that always opened when I click on the internet button had the things I wanted on it. THIS new version does not and does not allow me to get rid of all the garbage and make it my own. Either bring it back the way it was, or I'll take my business elsewhere. I realize that I am one person but, after reading all the reactions to this new version, I see I'm not…

41st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

My Yahoo archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base