How do you like the new photo page?

No way of seeing who favourited an image

There doesn't appear to be a way of seeing who favourited the image. You can see how many favourites an image as attained, but not who favourited it!

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ian GraingerIan Grainger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ali VahidAli Vahid shared a merged idea: Faves  ·   · 
    Mathew HanleyMathew Hanley shared a merged idea: Can't see have favorited a photo  ·   · 

129 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really... I still get Flickr app notifications saying "$$$ favorited your picture" and the admin of Yahoo product support is saying "Thanks for your feedback. This issue has now been resolved."?
        NO IT HASN'T: Flickr's iPhone app still isn't working as properly as 500px's!
        Denial won't solve the problem or restore consumer confidence. As a result, I already decided not to renew my Flickr membership. FYI

• anonanonanonanon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, Globalnomad01. Not seriously. You'd think, though, that it would have occurred to them by now that the crumb they tossed us back in November didn't last very long!

• Globalnomad01Globalnomad01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2 months since I last commented on this post and the ability to see who has favourited an image is STILL being planned. Seriously?!

• MargaretaMargareta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status "Planned" since October 1! How hard can this be? It's a feature we have had for years...

There's no point in leaving feedback comments, friends:

This, from June, 2013, explains what I've been trying to say to all these folks who still seem to believe there is some point in giving feedback. Wish I hadn't been away from Flickr for a year, only to come back to a new, unusable Flickr. I'd have left long ago, rather than in the near future.

"Yahoo CEO Mayer Cites Progress in Luring Flickr Users"

"Yahoo! Inc. Chief Executive Officer Marissa Mayer, in her first annual meeting with shareholders, said the biggest U.S. Web portal is making headway in efforts to attract shutterbugs and users of mobile devices. The number of daily active users for the Flickr photo app has jumped 50 percent since it was redesigned in May [one month before this speech], while use of mobile e-mail has climbed 70 percent since an overhaul in April, she said."

'All of our growth is going to start with our users,' Mayer said Tuesday at the company’s annual meeting in Santa Clara, California."

Full article:
        http://www.moneynews.com/Companies/Yahoo-Mayer-Flickr-users/2013/06/25/id/511880

• aukirkaukirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the latest update (rolled out on 12/11/2013), which seems a lot quicker and better looking... however, I was really disappointed that it still doesn't show favs! I have been a strong supporter of the new photo page against the recent "black day" protests, and think a lot of the paranoia in Flickrland will be alleviated with the ability to see who fav'd an image. Hopefully this gets moved up the priority list

• Martin PalmerMartin Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So a month later, and still not implemented? You've removed a feature and are 'planning' to replace it. I want to see who has faved my photos - I will likely visit their photo stream and maybe return the compliment. Or filter them as a creep. Whatever. This feature needs re-implementing, and fast.

Anonymous faving is not acceptable and that Flickr are still "planning" this feature nearly a month later is astounding.
        This feature should have been there from the start of this Beta as it's a basic and necessary control. On the positive side it's a way of "meeting" new contacts and finding new Photostreams that you might find interesting, on the not-so-positive but way more important side is the ability to monitor where your images end up and exercise some control when necessary.

I feel so strongly about this issue and the fact that it even has to be "Planned" at all that I've emailed customer care - whether they'll even read my email is doubtful, but I feel so strongly about this I felt it was important to do more than add yet another comment to a thread.

This has been "Planned" for nearly a month now - will it be implemented? I'm having doubts as some other things have been signed off as "Completed" when they clearly haven't been.
        This is a really important feature to be able to monitor who is viewing your images and (when necessary, as it occasionally can be) being able to block image thieves and creeps. I'm astounded it has to be planned at all!

Here's another one that was "Planned" and "Completed":

"Go back to the old Flickr of last year

votes
        Vote

IanIan shared this idea · Oct 5, 2013 ·

COMPLETED · Product Support
        ADMIN

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded · Oct 21, 2013
        Hi,

I understand you have concerns regarding the recent updates to Flickr. We are sorry if these changes have impacted you negatively in any way.

While we will not be reverting back to the prior version of Flickr, we do want to create a positive experience for all of our Flickr members. We appreciate your feedback regarding the recent changes.

Thanks,
        Product Support"

Mabel Amber, I understand your optimism, and can see why it looks that way, but I'm starting to get a bit cynical here, which is really not like me.

The last one I saw on that was marked "Gathering Feedback", then "Planned", and then "Completed" (on Nov. 22), was this one:

"it's missing an awful lot of feautres that the old photopage had, in no particular order:

doesn't show all groups,
        no way to get bb code,
        no link to map,
        no flickr toolbar,
        no hover/drop down menu on buddy icons,
        no pucntuation/spaces in tags,
        no view of which sets the photo is in,
        no link to see who has faved the photo,
        no machine tags,
        only one option in the ... menu - delete photo,
        no way to add a tag,
        no way to see link to a gallery the photo may be in"

I can hardly bear to go to Flickr to look at it now. Can anyone here report on whether or not these were actually implemented?

If you wish to know who has fav'd your photo, in comments click on the number or people who have faved, simples!!

Really really weird, what IS the point of faving if the whole show is anonymous?

• pmevanspmevans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good lord, why does this even need to go to a "Planned" status? This is a glaring example of how those responsible for updating Flickr are completely out of touch with the users. Something as crucial as tracking who is faving your images should NEVER have been discarded. This one change shows the people responsible should NOT BE ALLOWED to make changes.
        Fix it. Fix it NOW.

• davedave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY that we have a means of both knowing who favorites and CONTROLLING who favorites.

MANY of the users of Flickr use Flickr to surf ****. These users make favorite lists of their ****.

Flickr users who are not here for the ****, oftentimes do not like their work to be displayed amongst ****.

Flickr has done a pretty good job of isolating their **** side from their "safe" side. But when it comes to controlling favouriting, it is a miserable failure. It is currently tolerable only because we have the ability to know who is favouriting and have the ability to remove pix either one-at-a-time or by blocking.

Removing the ability to know and control who favorites will leave only the choice to go private with all pictures that we don't want posted in **** collections. As for me, that means ALL my pictures... I don't even want a common water snake of mine posted in anyone's **** collection.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base