Skip to content

Yahoo Tech

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

178 results found

1. Consistant format between News Home and Yahoo Tech & Politics comment sections.

Comments on Yahoo Tech and Yahoo Politics are not posted chronologically. A comment 1 minute old is directly above a 2 day old
    comment. No availability of a "My Comments" button. No choice of
    "Most Recent" "Popular Now" "Most Replied" etc. Just the one way
    of looking at them at that is as they appear to be thrown against the wall.

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Get rid of those constant motion ads that distract from reading articles, or allow to stop.

Ads like that old lady with her hands and arms always moving make it hard to concentrate on what your reading! The only time I pay attention to those type ads is to note the company in order to ad to my list of companies to Never Buy From!

164th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Too many photos.

More reading, less photos for the adults.

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How do you access a human being at Yahoo???

How do you access a human being at Yahoo???

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please help me, need to change my phone # to access a new password an ur advice is not working

Need to change my phone number or put in a gmail address to get a new password for my account and your tech support pages only allow a msg to be sent to my old #..HELP!!!

164th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharon,

Sorry you’re experiencing difficulties. Our Accounts team can help you with accessing your Yahoo account and updating the recovery email address/phone number on file so you can recover your account online in the future if needed. Use this link to get in contact, which will show the available contact methods: https://help.yahoo.com/contact/account_care?actp=social

From there, enter the Yahoo ID you need help with and select ‘OK.’ https://flic.kr/p/pSNH5J | NOTE: After entering the Yahoo ID there will be a link to the Password Helper, but don’t use that if you’ve already tried. Use the contact option displayed right below it where it says “We’re here to help!”

6. 276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove ALL ads, especially, ones about surveys!

Ads pop up when I am trying to log on to my email. They are annoying, because I must then begin the log in process again. I equate them to robo calls from politicians, at dinner time!

36th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Story runs off the screen

The story runs off to the right of my screen and doesn't allow me to scroll over to read it.

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to get a Yahoo account, however because I don't have a cell phone, I cannot complete the registration process, is there a way?

It seems Yahoo does not allow one to register without a mobile phone number, and when I give my land line, it does not recognize it a a valid number which is confounding to me. Can anyone assist me?

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joseph,

Yahoo, and many other vendors now require existing users to add a mobile phone, as well as new registrants to help protect your account. Adding a mobile number to your account is an important account security step (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN14992.html?impressions=true)

- Greatly reduces the risk of an abuser accessing your account.
    - If you need to recover your password, this is the safest and most effective method to recover it.
    - Yahoo will alert you through your mobile device when we suspect unusual login activity on your Yahoo account.

Yahoo does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or non affiliated companies, except to offer products or services you’ve requested. See our Privacy Policy for more detailed info on how we keep your information private.

https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html

10. Require readers that use the "thumbs-down" button to post the reason (a brief statement) for their choice.

To say that a reader disagrees with someones opinion or statement does not seem sufficient to support an action that contributes to the possibility of a post being hidden, nor does it give the author or other readers an adequate understanding of the negative action. For instance, is a person disagreeing simply because they are a member of an opposing party or because they have something relevant to add to the conversation?

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create an option on the toolbar to allow clients to delete all adds and popups

why not install an option for clients like a button or a feedback option to correct technical problems etc on toolbar.

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 164th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathy,

Sorry you’re experiencing difficulties. Our Accounts team can help you with accessing your Yahoo account and updating the recovery email address/phone number on file so you can recover your account online in the future if needed. Use this link to get in contact, which will show the available contact methods: https://help.yahoo.com/contact/account_care

From there, enter the Yahoo ID you need help with and select ‘OK.’ https://flic.kr/p/pSNH5J | NOTE: After entering the Yahoo ID there will be a link to the Password Helper, but don’t use that if you’ve already tried. Use the contact option displayed right below it where it says “We’re here to help!”

14. Report Button

Articles are being posted with questionable reputability and intent.

Here is an example of one such article, which is advertising 3rd-party software for home router configuration:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/now-secure-home-wi-fi-network-just-one-190600114.html

The article is so offensive, that it has received nothing but negative feedback in the comments section. One such statement, is that the article itself is "Dishonest and unethical."

This led me to realize that Yahoo! articles do not have a REPORT function. This is crucial for user feedback, and expresses a level of unprofessionalism on Yahoo! News's part. There should be no excuse not to provide users with a way to contribute…

164th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. problem with login

I changed my device and any time I try to login i'm asked to send the code that was sent to me but I don't get any codes and it's getting frustrating. Please help...thanks

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry you’re experiencing difficulties. Our Accounts team can help you with accessing your Yahoo account and updating the recovery email address/phone number on file so you can recover your account online in the future if needed. Use this link to get in contact, which will show the available contact methods: https://help.yahoo.com/contact/account_care

16. Ineed to talk to a person having trouble creating a new account

make a place where we can talk to a person I'm having trouble creating a new account it says it save and I can go to the page if I choose start now but when I leave and come back it says Id not in use or something like that

276th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mark,

17. 12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 64th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How Do you contact Yahoo.. You dont because they dont care what your opinion is.. otherwise How do you contact Yahoo....

make a button for feedback to a real employee and not this stupid blog *.. I absolutely hate the auto play feature on videos.. If I want to watch a video I will watch it.. Do NOT start it for me.. What happens idiots is that when you got multiple screens open and they all start playing and the same time.. You get computer freeze ups and thats not necessary to have happen.. STOP THE AUTO PLAY BACK PERIOD.. If not then you deserve to loose money.. I wont buy a product that yahoo auto starts just off of

71st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We do appreciate all the feedback we receive, and we do listen to the feedback from our users on this Suggestion Board. Our Product Group checks each post on a regular basis.

With regards to the auto-play feature, you can turn this feature off. You’ll want to click on the menu icon when hovering your mouse over the video. Then use your mouse scroll wheel to see the bottom of the feature list, and click Preferences under Settings. Turn Autoplay Off, and click on the X in the top-right corner to close out of the options menu.

20. no ads.

I ignore ads and if if ad is really persistent or annoying I will never buy that product

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Tech

Categories