Flickr Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Let us know how you want to improve Flickr Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Your flickr "Show in my feed" function to off groups in feed DOES NOT WORK! I remove the mark and nothing's change!

For example on page https://www.flickr.com/groups/11611663@N00/
    I can't remove the mark from "Joined / Show in my feed"

Your flickr "Show in my feed" function to off groups in feed DOES NOT WORK! I remove the mark and nothing's change!

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer multiple display options when submitting photos to group (Batch/Bulk posting, group rules, etc.)

Some ideas, for example:
    1) Allow us to expand the little box that shows groups so we can add a photo to multiple groups faster.
    2) Allow us to sort groups into sections on our end and then select said sections so we can easily post images to multiple groups.
    3) Give us the option to see group descriptions/rules beside groups so we don't have to guess what's allowed when adding en masse.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to remove 'invite friends' and just allow admin to do it.

In a private group, right now any member can 'invite friends', but that can quickly get out-of-hand. There should be an option so that the admin can be the only one (or give moderators the ability also) to do the inviting.

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Albums please! I mean come on, no really, come on... Seriously?

Groups need albums. Are we just supposed to pile endless amounts of pictures into a "pool" with no organization??? Get real!

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Leave groups

Hello! It would be great to quickly manage group membership, something like "Leave group" button next to the name of the group. Now you have to go to the group page and click the "Leave" button, and if you want to leave this group 10-20-30 turns into ****! Thank you in advance!

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's really useful to be able to see what photos you have already posted in a group – in the old version, by clicking on "YOU", not in NGE )

Somewhere on the Group pool page or the "add photos page there should be a button to view the thumbnails of your own photos already in the group.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reorder group content

Once a group is created, the order of the elements should be easily adjustable

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to play the photos in a group as a slideshow. There used to be a "Toggle Slideshow" option there before the update.

I would like to be able to play the photos in a group as a slideshow. There used to be a "Toggle Slideshow" option there 2 updates ago. It was nice as I could see the photos as I worked on something else on the computer.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Alerts for group conversations

I haven't been able to figure it out, but I would like to have the option to be alerted when there is a new reply to a conversation that I am in. I post something to a group and close the page. I never know if someone replied until I get back into the group.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bulk Group Removal

I am a member of about 500 groups.

I would like the ability to select a batch of groups and bulk remove my membership and my pictures from them.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Flickr Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base