Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Searching within folders

It seems we don't have a way to limit/ refine my search to a particular folder. Sort of defeats the purpose of having folders.
    Not even limiting the search to 'spam' folder, let alone any custom ones.
    Can we please expose that functionality again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hi Piyush Thanks for your feedback. If you click in the search box, you should see an option called Advanced Search. From there you can narrow your search by folder. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks, Kevin Day

2. Undo button

Sometimes I delete a message by accident. I meant to delete the one above or below it. Can there be an "undo delete" pop up for 3-ish seconds above all my messages so I don't have to go all the way into my Trash folder and find the email I deleted to undo the delete? If not, it'd be nice if I could organize my trash folder by "last deleted"

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shortcut K will mark read messages as unread

When I select all messages to mark them as read, read messages get marked as unread so I have to press 'K' again to mark them as read. Apparently, this is by design. http://bug.corp.yahoo.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6977552

Am I the only one that thinks thinks it should just mark the unread messages as read in the first place?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We have not heard any complaints from production yet so it’s good to see internal feedback on this. We can certainly change the order from unread to read so that K toggle to read first. – Seema

4. Focus when Replying

When Replying/Reply-All to a message, the Focus should start in the message body. It's more common to not be adding new recipients at this point.

When Forwarding a message, it makes sense for the Focus to start at the To: field as it already does. By definition, you're adding new recipients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do put the focus in the body for replies and in the TO: field for forwards. It seems to work on Chrome. Can you please open a bug using the feedback widget in Mail?

5. Links within emails don't connect

I have had many emails with links to take me to websites within my emails but they don't work when clicked on. I have to right click and select open new tab for it to work. This just started to happen recently, say within the last week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. out of office

I did not see how to create an out of office message.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently don’t support this feature on YME but are gathering feedback on most common asks for YME. You can set OOO messages from OWA in the interim. – Seema

7. Option to disable the highlight and icons on mouse hover

I find it visually exhausting to have to watch the highlighting and icons appearing whenever I mouse over the message I want to select. I know what I want to click on which is why my mouse is pointing at it and don't need distracting animations. Moreover, the search, trash and star icons cut off the sender name when they appear in a crude way. Would it be possible to provide a setting to disable these?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear that the icons are not working for you. We currently don’t have plans to change the icons but if we hear more users complain, we will certainly think of alternatives. – Seema

8. Text in small calendar icon is cut off at the bottom

Repo- Make an event in calendar which is 15 min long. Give it a name. Observe that the text is not centered in the box. The time is correctly placed but the name is not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to bcc myself when sending email

Both Outlook and Thunderbird have this option. It would be nice to have it here as well. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Uminder, you can do this. Click the “cc” option, then “bcc” and you can now add yourself as bcc. Did you mean “auto-bcc” ?

10. Reload while viewing the calendar

When I hit my browser's "reload" button while viewing the calendar, the calendar is not reloaded. It changes me over to the mail interface, rather than reloading the calendar interface.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It will be great if you can open a bug for this issue so we can take a look at ways to fix this behavior. You can use the bug link in the feedback widget to create a ticket. Thanks, Seema

11. Problems in loading emails

This is the message which I get

Yahoo Mail is having a problem retrieving the original email for reply/forward

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Nitin, Can you please open a ticket with the details on the mails for which you receive this message? We can look into our logs and see what’s going on.

12. Mail Contacts Auto-fill doesnt work well

Type a few characters, the contact auto-populates, but if you select one of the contacts using keyboard, the selection does NOT work

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sai. Thanks for reporting this, curious to hear more about this. Could you elaborate/email me (malbers@yahoo-inc.com) on what you do.In both the search box (on top of page) and during compose, typing name, scrolling down with cursors and hitting enter should work – works for me.What are the keys/order you do this in?

13. Please remove the feedback bar on top of page

The top page in Mail has this bar that runs across the page and none of the links work.

Yahoos: Problem with this Mail page? File a bug! nc2.n904.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

We have a similar one on the right bottom of the page to submit bugs or feedback, please remove the one on top as it serves no purpose and is a HUGE distraction.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe this is a Yahoo installed extension bar that carries over across all the yahoo properties. You should be able to disable this in your browser, mail itself isn’t doing this. The only one triggered in mail is the bottom right.Please go to tools→Add ons→ extensions and disable “Yahoo bug reporter”.That should fix the problem.

14. more detailed error message

I seem to be getting a lot of error messages today that read like "There appears to be a problem loading the email "X".
    Try Again".
    Can more detailed error messages/error codes be added to help with debugging the issue?

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Francis, It will be great if you can open a bug when you see the issue the next time. We can then quickly look into our logs and see what’s going on. We try to be a as specific as we can about the issues but sometimes we just don’t know what went wrong and have to resort to a more generic message. Depending on what issue you are seeing, we might be able to see if it’s something we can fix.

15. Yahoo Mail logo for Retina Display devices

The logo in a retina display MBP looks very blurry, this kind of details makes the difference ;)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve forwarded this feedback to the Universal Header team. Please feel free to open a bug in the UH product on Bugzilla also.

16. Search is too often unavailable

I receive an error message it seems most of the time. I also get inconsistent versions of the result page.

----
    Mail search results are temporarily unavailable.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. We are performing essential maintenance on the Mail search system and expect to be done shortly. In the meantime, you can continue using all other features within Yahoo Mail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve, We were consolidating some of the Mail Search backend servers in May. During that consolidation/upgrade, the error you saw as being reported. We have since stopped that consolidation and so you shouldn’t be seeing that issue. If you are, please feel free to contact me at cprithvi@yahoo-inc.com. Thanks, Prithvi.

17. There's no link when click the Box Office Thumbnails

In the Box Office Menu there˘__Ľ__˘s no link when you click on the thumbnails. I could not know if it will open links related to the movie like description, reviews, trailers or just the audience numbers. It would be nice if we could find anything related to the movie, maybe. In general I liked very much. Easy navigation. The spotlight trailer is really impressive. And all the news conduced by thumbs. Very nice! Congrats to the team!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ad quality is extremely low

I get the same ad for a dating site over and over. How can I stop it?

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Hans, Thanks for the feedback. Mail sells about a billion ad impressions per day and are always working on ways to have as many of those ads as we can be targeted and relevant to the user. It doesn’t always happen but we are making progress. Also coming soon you should be able to provide feedback directly on any display ad in mail and have that feedback impact what ads you see in the future, so stay tuned for that.Kevin

19. Mailto links don't work

When clicking a mailto link, a blank page opens and never loads.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tables losing all structure

Unable to copy-paste Excel tables into an email without losing all formatting, and no workarounds other than attachment or g-doc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I feel your pain. The current RTE we use, is legacy code and we have been trying to patch it. There is only so far we can go. We are actively discussing to start with a new modern rich text editor. Thank you for your patience. -mayukh

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base