Corp Mail Testing

Corp Mail Testing

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Alpha Sort By From & To

Can we please get the Sort By feature for 'Sort By From' & 'Sort By To' in Y! Mail? This is a feature used very often in Outlook (known as Arranged By) and is extremely helpful & efficient in sifting through emails. For ex., if I know I received an email from someone whose name started with a 'K' (or wasn't sure if it was a 'K', 'L' or 'M'), I can easily sort, go to 'K' and find the person. In the current setup, I would have to guess multiple names and hope to find it. More sorting options…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Product Support responded

Hey Erik, Sort by sender is available in non-conversations view. You can get this by going to settings and unchecking “conversations”. In conversations view, it gets tricky as we show participant list for the conversation. What outlook does is that it switches the user to non-threaded view on sorting by sender. If we want to do this on webmail, we will need to refresh the entire page or change how we’ve built Mail. That said, we’ve heard the feedback loud and clear and are already thinking of changes we need to make to Conversations.

2. Really slow when sending new messages

Emails are taking a while to send and in some cases the email times out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of Dakar, we are re-architecting our send/save flow. This will improve stability and also performance.

3. Sent mail with word attachment won't load

I have a sent email message with a Word doc attachment that won't load. Just get spinning circle into infinity and beyond.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Long delay when deleting a calendar event

I was deleting a calendar event and it didn't disappear from the calendar view. Even after refreshing the browser page. It took a good 30 seconds or more before it finally vanished.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Awesome work on Sports Calendar

This feature is purely amazing. Can you please add Formula 1 (F1) calendar? (Just 20 races). It is a pain manually adding that to the calendar so that I do not miss them and Yahoo is now closer to solving that.

Also helps if you add NASCAR and other racing events.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vinay,Adding support for more sports is surely on our backlog. Hope your fav sports get added soon.Thanks,Ashish

6. Modify Subject

I can't figure out how to modify the subject after an email has already been sent. I occasionally send messages with the wrong subject and I like to correct the subject as soon as possible to avoid confusion. Can this use case be considered?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do so, simply hit reply/reply All. Then right next to the To field, you’ll see a little drop-down menu/toggle, that has a “edit subject” setting.

7. Can we stop showing ads to employees when they access email

Not sure why, but the ads on the right rail are open by default. It would be better if they were off.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. Thanks,Kevin

8. can we change maybe to tentative

In calendar responses can we change maybe to tentative?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Grigon,We will review this request when we are building support for Free/Busy/Tentative.Thanks,Ashish

9. Unable to forward meeting invites?

For meetings that I do not own, there is no way to forward the meeting invite. Opening the meeting opens up a popup window that has very limited functionality, and not many helpful features.

Unfortunately iphone calendar cannot forward meetings either and I have no workaround.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Forward Events and Reply to All Attendees

It seems the calendar is missing some key features: 1) I can't seem to forward event details to participants unless I am the event organizer. This is a common optimization. It is painful to contact the organizer to ask them to add a participant 2) After an event a common use case is to send out the notes to all invitees. If this is an existing feature I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Instead I have to either remember who attended or dig through my email for the original invite

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Calendar Event Reminder Alerts

For calendar events, there is an option to set a reminder alert. However, no alert actual happens in the email app (desktop or mobile). For enterprise email customers including Yahoos use calendars frequently and it would be great to cover this use case.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ads on corp mail

please please can we get ads removed from corporate mail

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of dogfooding our products we try to keep the experience we have every day as similar to that of our users as possible. Over 95% of our users have ads in our product so the experience for corp users is the same. If you do find a display ad that you think should not be allowed, send a screenshot and the clickthrough URL to displayadcomplaints@yahoo-inc.com and that will help us to clean those up. Thanks, Kevin

13. Image display in mails

Hi,
    I have observed that images (attached) are not displayed in the mail as thumbnails.
    I think that this is a basic feature and should be supported.
    I checked in settings to see if there is something to enable but, couldnt find any.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new contact

when i added a new contact, a dollar sign icon appear next to the email address. seems really odd.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sports Calendar for other sports?

The Sports Calendar thing is great. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover any sports I follow. If F1 was added that would be a useful feature - I already subscribe to one in iCal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,Support for other sports is surely in our backlog. Hope your fav sport comes soon!!Thanks,Ashish

16. The search bar should clear when I'm no longer using it.

The search bar should clear when I'm no longer using it. When I have text in there, I assume that my inbox has been filtered by that text -- which can be confusing at times. Also, there's no quick-clear button, so it takes a couple of clicks and a keystroke to make it look right.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Luke, thanks for the comment. We recently fixed this – the text box does clear when you are no longer in a search. Also, we are considering an “x” button to clear the search. Let me know if you have further ideas, thanks! jacobson@yahoo-inc.com.

17. An Outlook appt is not appearing on my Yahoo Calendar

The discrepant appointment is an active reoccurring appointment with an "Action Required" setting; it's missing from my Yahoo Calendar.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default to work hours on calendar availability

When I'm creating a calendar invite, and i check availability of schedule, the schedule starts at 12am and I have to scroll over to business hours. Could we set the default to 8am or 9am, as that's probably when I'll want to start looking at availability for meetings?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Print attachment from preview mode

When we "view" an attachment, it'd be great to print from that screen; right now when you try to print, your whole inbox screenshot shows up, so you need to download the attachment, reopen it, then print--way too many steps.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple tabs open at once

Can we have the calendar and mail tabs open at the same time?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Corp Mail Testing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base